Military | News | Russ Marine

Waking Up with Two Gay Marines: VIDEO

Marines

It's been a while since we checked in with gay Marine vloggers Russ and Matt. In his latest vid, Russ gives us "a day in the life" which turns out to be pretty ordinary, yet cutely compelling, Easter pizza and all.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. There "Let's Have A Kiki" video is short but adorable:

Posted by: joeyhegele | Apr 10, 2013 10:05:18 AM

2. These two look so much alike. Talk about "homo"sexuality. "homo" as in "same".

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 10, 2013 10:11:04 AM

3. Haven't watched the video yet, but zomg that screen shot.

Posted by: Robert | Apr 10, 2013 10:14:39 AM

4. I admit, just watched the beginning, lovely and intimate.

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 10, 2013 10:21:55 AM

5. Russ is impossibly chirpy. I'm not. I'm amazed by people who are. Suspicious, but amazed.

Posted by: Gigi | Apr 10, 2013 10:25:36 AM

6. just watched twenty seconds. it's so cute and adorable and perfect that if i watch more i'll just feel bad about myself. so i watched just enough to smile a little, and then clicked off. maybe i'll come back to it later... if anyone in the comments sections deems it a must-see;)

Posted by: shane | Apr 10, 2013 10:48:48 AM

7. Bravo to Russ for documenting so much of his life. This is an extension of Harvey Milk's plea to come out to everybody you know -- your family, your neighbor, the guy in the supermarket -- and break down the walls. This is visibility. This is how change is made.

Posted by: will | Apr 10, 2013 11:00:25 AM

8. "...These two look so much alike. Talk about "homo"sexuality. "homo" as in "same"....Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc"

Ah yes... the tired old canard about how Gay men are so in love with themselves that they act gay.

Havent heard THAT b.s. since the 1980's.

A lie is a lie is a lie no matter what DECADE you tell it.

So move along little bigot.

Posted by: mic | Apr 10, 2013 11:06:31 AM

9. Intense adorableness is always a "must see."

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 10, 2013 11:07:56 AM

10. Shane, I watched most of it (I skimmed) and there's nothing in it worth going out of your way to see.

However, don't "feel bad about yourself" by comparing your life to the lives of others, especially carefully edited YouTube vids. There's an old saying, "Don't compare your insides to other people's outsides." People generally present the face they want the world to see, the good parts and not their fears, failures, and mistakes. You only see what they WANT you to see, when if you saw the whole package you might not envy them at all.

The only thing you can do is try to make your OWN life better according to your standards, not those imposed by society or others. Envy is only good if it motivates you toward self-improvement. Otherwise it's just more negative sh*t that doesn't do anything good for you.

Posted by: Caliban | Apr 10, 2013 11:08:18 AM

11. mic, you're reading a tired old canard when there was none. The etymology of Homo-sexuality means "sexual attraction to the same", and Hetero-sexuality means "sexual attraction to the different". It was just a play on the word. Lighten up, angry, angry mic.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 10, 2013 11:10:12 AM

12. Sweet bird of youth lusciously shared. Fun too. And now they have a life ahead of them with so much in it for them I hope. More than ever before for lovely young gay people. Go forth new ones and create your world.

Posted by: UFFDA | Apr 10, 2013 11:23:50 AM

13. They are adorable, and good people. And as a commenter said, they are doing massive good by being this visible. Thank you Matt + Ross.

Posted by: Jay | Apr 10, 2013 11:25:37 AM

14. I know we should all be celebrating the brilliance of their love. But I'm ashamed to say I'm just left lonely and bitter..and a little itchy.

I'm grateful though, there are so many people in the world who have no one, who'll have no one. Finding a great love isn't a guarantee in life. I'm happy that they seem to have found theirs. And truly the world needs that love, so I'm grateful its in it.

Posted by: adam | Apr 10, 2013 11:34:49 AM

15. Geez! I can't ever remember waking up and looking like that after going to the clubs the night before! I'm usually puffy eyed and gray faced. Arrrgh! I hate their genes.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Apr 10, 2013 11:49:18 AM

16. @Caliban--"Don't compare your insides to other people's outsides."

I'd never heard that sentiment stated quite so simply and powerfully. I really needed to read something like that this morning. Thanks :)

Posted by: Thomas | Apr 10, 2013 11:54:24 AM

17. Been awhile? Hell, I check in with Russ and Matt every day. One helluva cute couple and about as sweet as they get.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 10, 2013 12:13:19 PM

18. Beware my thunderbolt nasty cherubs. Your little sin-soaked lives are about to be swarmed with locust, even now the Flood is rising eager to sweep away your days of libidinous excell/ I mean excess. In all my universes I have never seen such abandon, touching one another's little faucets, cuddling, kissing, being happy...you overjoy Satan himself who even now stokes the coals for your imminent descent. It only makes it more fun for him that you dare to be darling, adorable, scrumptuous and charming (guilty thoughts of Ganymede). Which means I will have to be there when you cook, because he likes them tender when they're already hot and its hard for Me to see what he's up to from a distance. Enforcement you know.

Posted by: Channeled by UFFDA | Apr 10, 2013 12:22:40 PM

19. I wish these two all the happiness, success and enduring joy wherever their paths might take them.

Posted by: erick70115 | Apr 10, 2013 12:59:03 PM

20. I don't get it - who cares? And why are people feeling "lonely", "bitter" et.al. over this ridiculous video? If their lives were "perfect" they wouldn't be filming their mundane day to day nonsense.

Posted by: Tre | Apr 10, 2013 1:24:05 PM

21. Tre

It may be mundane or it may be fun but they have each other. I think that is what is making people a little bitter.

Posted by: Rowan | Apr 10, 2013 1:49:41 PM

22. . I was halfway through basic training when DADT was repealed so I never knew what it's like to serve while still in the closet. And now we got marines like these two acting just like any military couple I know, and it's totally not a big dead. But it actually is. It's easy for me to forget that a couple of years ago that would have been unimaginable. Me and these two marines have a lot to be thankful for.

Posted by: J.J. in the Navy | Apr 10, 2013 1:59:36 PM

23. I'm proud, and grateful to have these men defending me.

Thank you guys and Semper Fi!

Posted by: Marc C | Apr 10, 2013 2:19:35 PM

24. Towleroad voyeuristic low.

Posted by: TJ | Apr 10, 2013 3:12:40 PM