Drag Queens | News | Richard Branson

Sir Richard Branson Dons Drag, Serves as Flight Attendent After Losing Bet: VIDEO

Branson

Passengers aboard an AirAsia flight from Perth to Kuala Lumpur were treated to the sight of Virgin mogul Richard Branson in drag. Branson lost a Formula One racing bet with AirAsia chief Tony Fernandes in 2010 and paid it off by serving as a flight attendant.

Branson dumped a tray of orange juice deliberately on Fernandes' lap during the flight, the AP reports:

"I wanted to kill him actually" for spilling the juice, the Malaysian told reporters.

"He looked at me, I said, `don't you dare,' and the next thing I know, he tipped the whole tray on me," Fernandes added. "He and the girls mopped it up, but I was walking around the flight in my underwear for a while because I didn't bring another pair of trousers."

Watch Branson fulfill his duties, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I wonder why it took Branson 3 years to fulfill his obligation after losing the bet. In any case, it certainly seems like he was being a poor sport about it with the whole dumping of the tray on Fernandes. he may have thought it was a hilarious joke, but it certainly doesn't seem that Fernandes took it that way.

Posted by: Jere | May 13, 2013 9:43:25 AM

2. fun! branson likes doing drag. when virgin america launched its service from boston logan to west coast destinations in 2009, he exited the plane (coming from SFO, arriving at BOS) in full drag as well, only to be greeted by a phalanx of reporters in attendance for a press conference.

Posted by: matt | May 13, 2013 10:11:20 AM

3. I don't know why he waited about 2 years, but according to my friend who was on that flight, he was being a good sport and was very friendly to everyone.

Posted by: darkorient | May 13, 2013 10:50:53 AM

4. He is one very likable billionaire definitely!
    =)

Posted by: George F | May 13, 2013 11:16:38 AM

5. Interesting that two Hetero-men bet each other in a wager about drag. Not drinking, not fighting, not running, not cards, not money, but Drag!

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | May 13, 2013 12:45:52 PM

6. As I continue to see these pictures of Richard Branson dressed "in drag" because he lost a bet, all I can think of is Madonna's song, "What it Feels Like for a Girl", that starts with a woman saying, "for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because you think being a girl is degrading." I wouldn't call Branson's costume "drag" - I'd call it insulting. Real drag, I think, celebrates women's power and beauty. That was just sad. I'm surprised someone like him would do that. http://vimeo.com/43410678

Posted by: TeeGee | May 13, 2013 2:51:48 PM

7. According to him, it took him 3 years because he broke his leg and the royal British wedding.

Posted by: mani | May 13, 2013 7:16:48 PM

8. TeeGee, take a deep breath and stop clutching your pearls. Charity bets are usually just light hearted fun. Branson is an ally to the LGBT community and te bet Schlick is not mean spirited.

Posted by: AngelaChanning | May 14, 2013 2:19:25 AM