Kelly Clarkson | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kelly Clarkson Reaches Out to the Misfits in 'People Like Us': VIDEO

Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson helps a young girl 'misfit' escape from captivity in an experimental lab in her new "People Like Us" which is a rousing call for folks to stand up for one another and be individuals. It was directed by Chris Marrs Piliero.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Peoplelikeus

Comments

1. Not another one of her fake empowerment songs....

Posted by: Brent | May 28, 2013 9:28:03 AM

2. Not gonna lie, this is one of the best spin songs ever.

Posted by: Jon B | May 28, 2013 9:37:06 AM

3. That 3-minute commercial for Nokia and BMW was really well done.

Posted by: David in the O.C. | May 28, 2013 9:40:16 AM

4. Brent, aka another one of Rick/Jason's fake aliases. What a sick, pathetic troll. (if you don't believe me, head over to the thread about Cate Blanchett's new movie, where we prove Brent is a new alias)

Posted by: MateoM | May 28, 2013 9:56:40 AM

5. @David in the O.C.: Totally, right! Though, the most vapid parts of me are glad to see that the official car of misfit empowerment isn't a Chrysler.

Posted by: CAM | May 28, 2013 11:11:41 AM

6. Love it. Terrific song. Gonna be a monster.

Posted by: Bart | May 28, 2013 12:15:56 PM

7. Damn, the song sounded great but as soon as I saw the blatant Nokia placement, I turned it off. There is enough bloody advertising all around, I don't need it in my musical entertainment.

Posted by: Ulu | May 28, 2013 2:34:16 PM

8. so in this video, the girl is supposed to be some kind of 'freak' who is studied by the scientists and shunned by her agemates, right?

but why is she seem as a freak?? i didnt catch that.

the storyline was intriguing enough...the video reminded me a LOT of the x-men, esp. at the end when all of 'their people' came out of the woodwork to get their back!

Posted by: redball | May 28, 2013 4:43:21 PM

9. Nice pop song and video

Posted by: jaragon | May 28, 2013 5:18:57 PM

10. I love it. The product placement isn't that big of a deal. After all, who actually watches videos?

It's a good message that is applicable to many different disenfranchised groups. However, it's clear that Kelly includes us with the line: "So throw your fists in the air, come out, come out if you dare".

Posted by: alex | May 28, 2013 8:33:09 PM

11. I think she's going for Pink's audience...

Posted by: Ain't it Funny | May 29, 2013 5:22:58 AM