American Family Association | Boy Scouts | Bryan Fischer | News

Bryan Fischer: Boy Scouts are Now the 'Boy Sodomizers of America' — VIDEO

Fischer

American Family Association radio host Bryan Fischer reacted to the Boy Scouts vote to lift the ban on gay scouts by declaring that the organization is now called "The Boy Sodomizers of America", Right Wing Watch reports.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Meanwhile, the Boy Scouts believe that 200-400 thousand of its members will leave the organization because of the change in policy, FOX34 reports:

John Stemberger is the founder of OnMyHonor.net and said he is done with Boy Scouts. He said a meeting will take place next month in Louisville to create the new alliance.

"We will discuss the creation of a new character development organization for boys. While the meeting will be private, we want the public's input and certainly we want members of the BSA's input." Stemberger told us.

Comments

1. Some people don’t understand that their time of departure is delayed. Too delayed.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | May 25, 2013 3:08:56 PM

2. WTG Brian Fissure for sexualizing the Boy Scouts.

Posted by: Rich705 | May 25, 2013 3:10:40 PM

3. What an ass! I'm a Libertarian Republican and I can tell you I'm stunned at the ignorance coming out of my own party! I applaud the Boy scouts of America for supporting the inclusion of it's gay members, but I want to see the LGBT parents of good moral character and ethics being able to volunteer to mentor the next generations of young Americans who will inherit what we leave behind! I wrote about this in my article on http://buellreview.com/gays-wi... I hope you all can read this and comment and show your support. I have had some interactions on twitter where Conservatives tried to get my twitter account suspended for joining Log Cabin Republicans and supporting orgs like GOProud. There are many gay Libertarians I'm glad to call friends and my friends are not second class citizens!

Posted by: D BuellD Buell | May 25, 2013 3:10:57 PM

4. The problem w/ his argument is that they could have created another scouting organization years ago along the lines of however they wanted, but they didn't.

Posted by: anon | May 25, 2013 3:28:26 PM

5. Seems to me that this Fischer character spends wa-a-a-a-y too much time thinking about butt-sex. I don't know many gay men who are as obsessed with it as Bryan Fischer seems to be. Perhaps it is time for him to consider his own coming-out.

Posted by: Alex Parrish | May 25, 2013 3:30:26 PM

6. you're "stunned", Buell? Really? what stuns you about this?

the party you support is the main roadblock to LGBT Equality in America.

duh.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | May 25, 2013 3:34:07 PM

7. Homophobes are obsessed with anal intercourse to a frightening degree. I'm 66 years old and have yet to meet a gay man who thought anal intercourse the be-all, end-all or even in any way a significant part of his sexuality.

Thanks for speading the word, D BuellD Buell. There are tons of sane reasonable people out there. We need to hear from them more often.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 25, 2013 3:36:47 PM

8. This could be the most hysterical overreaction yet by the rightwing crazies. The only thing that's changed is they'll accept openly gay scouts. They're still funded by mormons and baptists, they'll still teach christian morality etc. If their worry is that the gay scouts will take advantage of the straight ones on camping trips, then shouldn't they be clamoring for segregated schools, sports teams etc? Just too stupid for words.

Posted by: Brian1 | May 25, 2013 3:43:46 PM

9. Why do gay Republicans always have the most atrocious web design?

Posted by: ripper | May 25, 2013 3:46:08 PM

10. Why would any parent of a young son want their child to be part of an organization that now allows gay boys? That's like having a 16 year old boy be a junior leader with girl scouts and letting them have alone time with little girls. Most parents would consider a hormonal teenage boy around their 10 year old daughter in girl scouts during camping trips to be HIGHLY inappropriate, so parents should be equally concerned about gay boys in scouts around their sons.

Posted by: B. Hill | May 25, 2013 3:50:50 PM

11. Is the "B" for "Benny" Mr. Hill?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 25, 2013 3:54:19 PM

12. B. Hill, are you home schooling your children?

Posted by: Brian1 | May 25, 2013 4:03:42 PM

13. boy that escalated quickly o_O´

Posted by: MArk | May 25, 2013 4:04:25 PM

14. @B Hill: "Why would any parent of a young son want their child to be part of an organization that now allows gay boys?"

You mean organizations like the school band, football team, chess club, etc.?

(I'll ignore the rest of Hill's nonsense - he seems to forget the the children he "wants" to protect are also "hormonal teenage boys", most
    of whom want to chase after girls.)

Posted by: Bill | May 25, 2013 4:06:46 PM

15. This is like bad Country Western music. Some will cling to catchy quotes. Remember "Take This Job And Shove It?"

Posted by: GB | May 25, 2013 4:09:23 PM

16. 90+% of Americans have never heard of Bryan Fischer. He has TWO audiences, those who actually listen to him, and the gay media that breathlessly reports on his every anti-gay utterance.

WHY do I "need" to know everything this sub D-list sh!t weasel says? To me it feels like I'm having my nose rubbed in it. Completely inconsequential piece of sh!t says what? OHHH! He hates gay people. What a fvcking surprise! This is NEWS?!

So far as I can tell it comes down to a quality-of-life issue. I'm actually a happier person when I don't read gay news blogs on a daily basis. I get along quite well without knowing every time time some Religious Right @sshole passes gas. Does reporting it serve an actual function or are you just poking us with sticks to see if you get a reaction?

Bryan Fischer is an @sshole. Same as it ever was. His further adventures in @ssholery are actually NOT newsworthy! @sshole says @ssholish thing is no surprise.

Posted by: Caliban | May 25, 2013 4:22:04 PM

17. Bryan Fischer: Always an IDIOT, Always REPUGNANT, Always a BIGOT, ALL of the bloody time!

Posted by: Mike | May 25, 2013 4:27:51 PM

18. item 1:
    @B Hill : gay boys have ALWAYS been in the scouts. It's nothing new, so why would a parent start worrying now?? Gay boys have ALWYAS been in school sports and - gasp - even in our Sunday Schools. Oh My!! -- What's a parent to do?

item 2 :
    Be careful what you quote, Mr. Fischer.
    "Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come!" (English Standard Version)
    This ISN'T a message to the Boy Scouts. It might as easily reference the sin of hatred toward your fellow man.

Posted by: rroberts | May 25, 2013 4:28:16 PM

19. Don't wink at the wrong person. It could get you killed.

Posted by: GB | May 25, 2013 4:29:18 PM

20. @D Buell
    'I'm a Libertarian Republican and I can tell you I'm stunned at the ignorance coming out of my own party!'

It took this one issue for you to realize that? We've been suffering with it for years.

There are 30 states with constitutional bans on marriage championed by the GOP. While you're on the support for LGBT bandwagon take a crack at that with your chosen party.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 4:31:36 PM

21. Typical straddle of the fence. Either go with the Mormons and Catholics or move ahead. Bad move.

Posted by: kansastock | May 25, 2013 4:32:08 PM

22. Can't be Benny Hill. Benny is not a bigot.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 4:32:37 PM

23. Have you ever asked yourself that question? Maybe it's better NOT to know what every wet-brained Right Wing tvrd has to say about gay people! Does knowing it actually inform you or does it make your daily life less comfortable?

Gay people have reasonable concerns about our safety and political status. But what does Bryan Fischer's latest bout of verbal flatulence have to do with it?! Why do I keep having my nose rubbed in his every dump, asked to appreciate his every rhetorical f@rt?

John Boehner's statements? Newsworthy. Bryan Fischer's statements? My CAT has covered more "newsworthy" things in his litter box!

Posted by: Caliban | May 25, 2013 4:39:14 PM

24. Bryan's obsession with Boy Scouts and sodomy is really starting to worry me.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | May 25, 2013 4:43:50 PM

25. @Caliban
    You could say the same about most of the hate group spokespersons. While most people on the street wouldn't recognize the names of Gallagher, Perkins, Ralph Reed and their ilk they would however recognize their hate memes. Their screeds are spread throughout the underbelly of religious associations and show up where ever anti-gay animus has a foothold.

Better to know the enemy and battle them head on. With discussion boards like this the gaps in their arguments and their repugnance soon gets revealed.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 4:54:34 PM