American Family Association | Boy Scouts | Bryan Fischer | News

Bryan Fischer: Boy Scouts are Now the 'Boy Sodomizers of America' — VIDEO

Fischer

American Family Association radio host Bryan Fischer reacted to the Boy Scouts vote to lift the ban on gay scouts by declaring that the organization is now called "The Boy Sodomizers of America", Right Wing Watch reports.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Meanwhile, the Boy Scouts believe that 200-400 thousand of its members will leave the organization because of the change in policy, FOX34 reports:

John Stemberger is the founder of OnMyHonor.net and said he is done with Boy Scouts. He said a meeting will take place next month in Louisville to create the new alliance.

"We will discuss the creation of a new character development organization for boys. While the meeting will be private, we want the public's input and certainly we want members of the BSA's input." Stemberger told us.

Comments

1. It's a great idea to form an organization exclusively for homo-haters and bigots.

But hasn't the Catholic Church already done that ?
    Ah yes, Brian Fissure, by their fruits ye shall know them.
    Homo-haters for homo-haters.......it has a ring.
    Every time I see something by this Fissure/Frothy mix it always gets back to anal. There are real psychological issues with these two.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 25, 2013 4:58:00 PM

2. Yes littlekiwi, I am stunned because what doesn't get reported by the media is the march for Pride in Salt Lake City organized by Mormons who are supportive of marriage equality and even carried signs saying "WE support the rights of marriage equality in the gay community, sorry we are late!" I support GOProud because they are gay members of the conservative party who are welcome as Republicans and Libertarians! Read my post in my news magazine "Being gay is not a crime" and "Why gay marriage is worth the fight to get it right!" and you will understand what I've been saying for years, The GOP of old, is old, stale, moldy and covered with moss! I just wish i had the platform Senator Rand Paul did when he also included at CPAC "We must expand opportunities both economically and personally for everyone." and he was right! You see, the Democrat party left me a long time ago and I will never be going back! NEVER! I will fight it out like Andrew Breitbart did to get the gay conservative community involved and invited into CPAC! Bet on it!

Posted by: D BuellD Buell | May 25, 2013 5:12:55 PM

3. No, JONES! I've been fighting against it for years! I've had some on the right hate me so much they tried to get my twitter account, @mrbenz7 suspended from twitter which is why I wrote "Being gay is not a crime!" in the Buell Review. I started my news magazine for different reasons, but I included a section for the LGBT community in the menu at my home page because I'm trying to end the hate which is NOT a family value! If anyone thinks they will make me as a Libertarian Republican back down or go away, they have another thing coming. I oppose bigots from any angle they come from and i'm not comfortable when honorable soldiers like Lt. Col. Margarethe Cammermeyer who happened to be a lesbian get caught up in a dishonorable discharge for being a lesbian and I supported her fighting it out in court which she won. She deserved to win! Perry Watkins was another young black soldier who was drafted into the military as a teenager and ADMITTED on his entry form he was a homosexual by checking the "Homosexual tendencies" box on the form! They tried the same crap with him! It was the only times I saw and applauded an entire staff os a military base walk off the base in front of Television Cameras willing to risk a court martial in protest. Good for them! You cannot expect those who were willing to fight and die for our freedoms to come back home and settle for those very freedoms not applying to them. I'm not stunned at the hate, I'm stunned at the levels of shear ignorance, cynicism, hate, division and derision.

Posted by: D BuellD Buell | May 25, 2013 5:32:20 PM

4. Bryan,

OOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: dattexas | May 25, 2013 5:33:11 PM

5. What hogwash!! Scouts Canada has had an inclusive policy welcoming gay scouts and leaders for many, many years and they are still thriving.

Posted by: shanestud | May 25, 2013 5:34:08 PM

6. @D Buell
    Briebart & Rand Paul. Citing those two as your political exemplars lost you any possible credibility for a voice of political reason. You're GOProud material.

Mountaintop mining supporter Rand Paul is bought and sold corporatist.
    'Whats another mountaintop?' Tax holiday for major corporations to repatriate 15 trillion without tax.

Briebart left no lie untold or video unedited in his efforts to demonize Obama. O'Keefe, remember that lying Briebart toadie?

Who are you going to proselytize next Diaz? Lindsay Graham? McConnell? Rubio? Boehner? Little Quayle?
    The GOP abandoned the ideals of Lincoln in the 30's and is gagging to death on it's own bile.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 5:37:45 PM

7. 'I'm stunned at the levels of shear ignorance, cynicism, hate, division and derision. '

You want to change the GOP from within ... have at it. I wish you luck.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 5:49:27 PM

8. Maybe you're right, JONES, but sometimes I wonder. Sometimes I feel like I'm being "informed" by gay blogs. Sometimes I feel like my head is being pushed into a sewer. "No, CLOSER!! You have to SMELL it to get the full effect!"

Pretty sure nobody I know has any idea who Brian Brown OR Bryan Fischer are. They really aren't important, we just think they are because we see their names all the time on gay news blogs, so all this "Bryan Brown Says...." reporting is much bigger than his actual influence.

Posted by: Caliban | May 25, 2013 6:02:32 PM

9. Honestly. Go to people you know and say, "Have your heard the latest from NOM?"

Even your gay friends are going to ask WTF you're talking about and for those Brian Brown does ring a bell, over half of them will think it has something to do with a "Nom nom nom" caption of a cat picture!

Brian Brown isn't even a footnote. He's a historical skidmark! "Snooki" will occupy a larger place in history than he does!

Posted by: Caliban | May 25, 2013 6:19:52 PM

10. The Nazi Bryan Fischer is the boy sodomizer. He is obsessed with it. He is a pedophile. FACT.

Posted by: RMc | May 25, 2013 6:22:51 PM

11. @Caliban
    Fischer is a primary mover in talk radio for the religious right wing. Not as huge as Limbaugh but growing. Go to Right Wing Watch and look him up. His screeds are regular talking points to his faithful followers. They enter the lexicon of anti-gay animus at levels from legislatures to the pulpits.

I get where you're coming from but still I wouldn't care even if his was a one time only screed and it was posted here ... I'd still want to know.

The politics of being gay today is time consuming, frustrating, gut wrenching and lately occasionally fruitful. When you're targeted as the enemy you have to face up to it and fight back. At least that's how I see it. If my fighting back lends support to others or gives someone hope or makes life easier for the next generation then I'll say it was well worth it.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 6:23:06 PM

12. When Andy does the surveys I always recommend tabbed browsing for Towleroad. I get that the politics is alarming or boring to some and a lot of site visitors would rather skip it but it is necessary.

No luck yet on site revamping, either browsing in categories or comments, but it'll happen.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 6:29:55 PM

13. We are being informed on gay issues by gay blogs. You won't see them in any other media medium so well documented as you'll find on a gay blog.

How would you know that a preacher in Alabama called for beating the gay out of your children? You think NBC or Fox would report it? Or about a high school valedictorian coming out to his classmates to a standing ovation? Murdoch will be turning in his grave before that happens.

Blogs like Towleroad are our only guaranteed medium to find and share these stories. they obviously shouldn't be your only source of news but for info relating to gay issues they're pretty primary.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 6:42:03 PM

14. NOTHING in that lie, the bible, comes from "christ himself". FOOL

Posted by: Stephen | May 25, 2013 7:25:40 PM

15. I do think that this is ultimately the beginning of the end for the Boy Scouts. They were forced to compromise its longstanding morals, values and traditions by allowing these changes to be made, basically everything they stand for. Their identify has been compromised.

Posted by: Dixon | May 25, 2013 8:09:41 PM

16. I hate to tell all these bigoted asswipes but there were always gay kids in the boy scouts. Now maybe they wont be afraid to be their own actulized selves.

Posted by: greenfuzz | May 25, 2013 9:02:25 PM

17. 'The beginning of the end' how many times have you heard this road to perdition forecast? Doom and fear.

How were they 'forced'?
    Their own member groups and delegates voted overwhelmingly to allow gay scouts.
    Who exactly did the forcing?
    Are you suggesting that the 5-10% of the country that is LGBT could somehow wield that much power on an organization that has been dominated by the Mormon & Catholic Churches for 50 years?
    The change was brought about because people with moral standards and a backbone took a look at this institutionalized bigotry against kids and said 'no'.

Posted by: JONES | May 25, 2013 9:18:40 PM

18. Brian Fischer continually sodomizes the intelligence of all Americans. Why isn't he arrested for this rape?

Posted by: woodroad34d | May 25, 2013 9:26:02 PM

19. I look at these old, crusty bigots and can't wait until I read the headline that they've died.

Posted by: daws | May 25, 2013 10:00:20 PM

20. How WEREN'T they forced? Don't pretend that this was just some internal request to loosen up the rules by local chapters. The gay community as a whole had been grumbling and complaining about the BSA membership policies for over a decade (while never letting anyone forget that the "evil" Mormon and Catholic churches were their biggest supporters) and when they couldn't get the courts to intervene instead started compiling lists of BSA sponsors and pressured them (i.e. threatened to boycott) to NOT donate anymore until they allowed gays in. Celebrity were recruited to pay lip service...musical artists were pressured to pull out of paying gigs...hell even Obama was coerced to get in on this mess. Meanwhile hordes of woe-is-mine videos from poor "victimized" gay scouts were broadcast all over YouTube to try and manipulate the public opinion. Etc., Etc.

Don't act like this is all about letting little Johnny Gay Kid get his merit badges...this was another case of gays whining because they wanted their luxury vehicle and turning it into a political debate.

Military, marriage, sports, scouts...you can't convince me that religion isn't next. Basically any time honored and socially revered institution, gays want to hone in on for gluttony.

Posted by: Dixon | May 25, 2013 11:08:30 PM

21. This site attracts the same circle, making the same comments. Some wish death upon their enemies, and others are obsessed with shi- and sodomy. These bitches have a lot of time on their hands, and are always in attack mode. What they have to do with gay life is beyond me. They really have more to do with no life.

Posted by: Harvey | May 25, 2013 11:34:03 PM

22. So turning their backs on boys who are already highly motivated to learn and pursue good things makes it crystal clear that, for some people, working with the Boy Scouts is more about indoctrination into a mindset of bigotry than about helping boys mature and develop into the young men who will be tomorrow’s leaders.

Posted by: Bill Michael | May 26, 2013 6:24:36 AM

23. If he's upset about the gays getting in to BSA, he'll be really upset when the atheists get in.

The Republican Apologist is just someone who hates liberal Democrats so much that he bends over backwards to justify his stance, but actually he's bending over frontwards and grabbing his ankles.

Posted by: desmond | May 26, 2013 6:45:45 AM

24. How is it that some of the commenters here still seem to think that we gay folk got our 'gay' from collecting box tops or using a comic book coupon??!! I was a gay scout before gay was a name or description for me! I was in the cubs and boy scouts back in the 60's and 70's I was attracted to men then, and I still am. I never had or caused any problems. Are you fearful commenters all morons??

Posted by: billmiller | May 26, 2013 7:52:56 AM

25. My have to stop obsessing about these trolls. Our attention gives them energy and life. Gay media, more positive stories, please. We can fight our battles without exaggerating the importance of our enemies and repeating every slur they hurl at us.

Posted by: Richard | May 26, 2013 10:14:30 AM