George Michael | News

George Michael Fell Out of Car on to Freeway at 70 MPH: Report

The Sun tabloid is reporting more details about the car accident that required George Michael to be airlifted to a hospital last week. Katherine Fox tells the paper she was driving behind Michael's car at 70 mph on the four-lane M1 freeway:

MichaelShe and other drivers hit their brakes and skidded to a halt. Katherine said:

“I saw blood everywhere and a man on the ground. I thought someone had run across the road and been hit. I asked what had gone on and was told he tried to open the car door and shut it again because it wasn’t shut properly and apparently fell out at 70mph. I was on the phone to the ambulance and said, ‘You’d better come quick. This doesn’t look good’.

"George was wearing a black and gold Adidas tracksuit that was ripped all down the arm and shoulder. He had no trainers on. I grabbed one from the second lane because cars were swerving to avoid it. His sunglasses were also in the road. I could hear the crunch as cars drove over them.”

Michael was lucky to escape with his life, she said.

Comments

1. Wham!

Posted by: sosorry | May 21, 2013 9:59:24 AM

2. Oh, wow, you win, sosorry!

Posted by: Michael W. | May 21, 2013 10:25:16 AM

3. This mess has not been funny for years.

"Tee hee, I like to drive while high, risking the lives of anyone who gets anywhere near me, I just gotta be me! Ain't I the dickens?"

Posted by: distinguetraces | May 21, 2013 10:27:30 AM

4. Common sense ins't Michael's domain.

Posted by: Jay | May 21, 2013 10:27:42 AM

5. What's it gonna take before he wakes up and gets clean? He is one hot gay mess.

Posted by: Jack M | May 21, 2013 10:31:56 AM

6. I'm assuming there's more to this story. People don't just fall out of cars when trying to adjust the door.

Posted by: Merv | May 21, 2013 10:58:02 AM

7. Was Kevin Spacey in the car?

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | May 21, 2013 10:58:58 AM

8. How did George Michael go from looking like a gum snapping Valley Boy to looking like a Saudi businessman?

Posted by: David Hearne | May 21, 2013 11:21:06 AM

9. He was pushed.

Posted by: Michael W. | May 21, 2013 11:24:06 AM

10. I just hope he recovers quickly and wholly and whoever he was with also.
    Best wishes for your health George.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 21, 2013 11:25:49 AM

11. Was he not wearing a seat belt?

Posted by: RONTEX | May 21, 2013 11:31:42 AM

12. UK's answer to Lindsay Lohan?

Posted by: J. Alan | May 21, 2013 11:43:35 AM

13. LMAO @sosorry You just made my day.

Posted by: stephen | May 21, 2013 11:48:14 AM

14. My thought, exactly, RONTEX: Seat Belt? Isn't that the law in the UK (as in the US), anyway?

Posted by: Kile Ozier | May 21, 2013 12:05:30 PM

15. Should have just shut the thread after the first comment. Nothing snarkier to offer.

But mother of Mary could dude show a little pride and find AA, NA or a decent therapist?

Posted by: robroy | May 21, 2013 12:10:29 PM

16. "Saudi businessman" LOL

Posted by: Jay | May 21, 2013 12:12:43 PM

17. Enough has happened to him now to understand the problem: he wants to die.

Maybe he should shift into fatherhood like Elton and find a new reason to live.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 21, 2013 12:51:54 PM

18. Think that you can leave out "hot" Jack M. George Michael hasn't been hot for thirty years if EVER. Nor is this the first time that he has gotten into trouble with cars! Eyewitness say that it was "lucky" he did not die. (?) Chances are that he escaped apparent serious injury this time because he was so STONED? The people driving behind him were lucky when he popped out like that.

No, now he is just a drugged out MESS that thinks he is too good for SEAT BELTS!

Posted by: Mike | May 21, 2013 1:09:28 PM

19. I am good with him being reckless with his life, just don't lob generalized statements (like GM tends to do) that ALL gay men are fighting demons like that. George, honey, you are a train wreck of your own making.

Posted by: Rad | May 21, 2013 1:28:54 PM

20. I saw Kathleen Turner fall out of a cab once but it least it was stopped! Please find your way to NA. There are plenty of chapters in both London AND Dallas -- probably many more in Big D.

Posted by: Charles Decker | May 21, 2013 1:38:10 PM

21. I saw Kathleen Turner fall out of a cab once but it least it was stopped! Please find your way to NA. There are plenty of chapters in both London AND Dallas -- probably many more in Big D.

Posted by: Charles Decker | May 21, 2013 1:38:11 PM

22. It's been my observation from being alive for 35 years that some people really do have 9 lives, especially when they're baked.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 21, 2013 2:27:48 PM

23. He must have been trying to commit suicide...

Posted by: simp | May 21, 2013 4:02:46 PM

24. I love George, but he is a total mess and I don't think anything is going to make him straighten his life out.

He was obviously on something because nobody tries opening a car door when your car is going 70 mph. And the fact that he had no shoes on speaks volumes about his frame of mind.

Posted by: Complete Mess | May 21, 2013 5:05:00 PM

25. a suicide attempt perhaps?

Posted by: ian | May 21, 2013 6:31:05 PM