Film | George Clooney | News

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock Feel the Pull of 'Gravity': VIDEO

Clooney

Alfonso Cuaron's International Space Station drama/disaster flick Gravity has just untethered its first trailer, so to speak. George Clooney and Sandra Bullock play two astronauts forced to deal with the consequences of a stranding due to some errant space debris.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. looks good.

Posted by: Tyler | May 9, 2013 10:50:49 PM

2. omg, how many times, there's no sound in space

Posted by: Scott | May 9, 2013 11:08:53 PM

3. Imagine how terrifying that would be...drifting alone in space, knowing that either you will run out of oxygen / water / food eventually and die alone...

Posted by: MuscleModelBlog.com | May 9, 2013 11:31:26 PM

4. This is now officially my most anticipated film of the year. I've been waiting for a new Cuaron film since Children of Men. And I hope Lubezki finally wins the cinematography Oscar with this one.

Posted by: Paul | May 10, 2013 2:08:04 AM

5. Having not seen the film, I am already assuming I wish they would have cast unknowns. The concept looks cool.... but I just see George and Sandra in space and can't get past how silly that looks to me.

Posted by: Marc | May 10, 2013 3:50:44 AM

6. I can't wait to see what Phil Plait has to say about this movie. Can't they ever get a decent scientific advisor for these movies?

Posted by: Patric | May 10, 2013 4:58:31 AM

7. I'm already scared!

Posted by: Jack M | May 10, 2013 8:12:19 AM

8. i just passed out and died.

Love me some Cuaron, and Lubezki.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 10, 2013 9:53:04 AM

9. Mixed reactions to this. I'd go see just about ANY film directed by Alfonso Cuaron, but I agree that Clooney and Bullock in space makes it seem kinda silly. Perhaps it will fare better in context. The trailer imparts a very nice, 70's, "Marooned" style feel, which I dig. I'm torn about whether hearing sounds in space takes away from the reality tone I was otherwise enjoying, or whether - having been done once by Kubrick - all filmmakers are free to ignore for the sake of drama over verisimilitude.

Posted by: Zlick | May 10, 2013 2:50:13 PM