Andy Samberg | Gay Marriage | James Franco | Music | Music Video | News | Zach Galifianakis

BigGayDeal.com

James Franco Gets Married to a Man: VIDEO

Franco

As do Andy Samberg, Ed Norton, and Zach Galifianakis.

Samberg

It all goes down in a music video from Samberg's troup The Lonely Island, which is set up as a sit-down talk show interview between Franco and Galifianakis cut together with a Spring Breakers-style booze and beach fest.

It's much harder to explain than to actually watch it, but here are the wedding photos.

Check out the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Norton

Comments

1. how....odd lol

Posted by: scott | May 8, 2013 11:56:59 AM

2. AWESOME!

Posted by: David C. | May 8, 2013 12:11:51 PM

3. This is when acceptance becomes... well... sort of weird. : )

Posted by: T | May 8, 2013 12:11:53 PM

4. Yes a bit odd, but wonderful. And seeing James and Ed kissing a guy and pretending to get married with another man, brilliant!
    James keeps playing around his sexuality - and I like it and I like him.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 8, 2013 12:18:53 PM

5. i wanna marry ed norton. there. i said it.

Posted by: mike | May 8, 2013 12:23:19 PM

6. James Franco does a lot of admirable stuff.
    But I'm starting to grow weary of his incessant attempts to be artsy.

Posted by: keating | May 8, 2013 12:24:47 PM

7. Not sure this reflects acceptance. To me, it's the same as many bad SNL skits about gays over the years: look at us, bold and outrageous, taking on this hot topic. Gay=funny. Male actor willing to kiss another man=hip. Not really advancing the cause, in my opinion...

Posted by: Bill | May 8, 2013 12:25:15 PM

8. James is just a little out there. LOL! Wouldn't be surprised if he's bisexual. Whatever. His brother is kind of whacky too (and pretty cute).

Posted by: JohnP | May 8, 2013 12:34:55 PM

9. It's pretty much harmless. Both James and Zach have a dadaist sense of humor and enjoy flouting convention. I don't think we need to read sinister or anti-gay motives into what is just intended as surreal, breezy nonsense.

Posted by: will | May 8, 2013 12:40:12 PM

10. That was kinda... bizarre. LOL

Posted by: Betocreativo | May 8, 2013 12:45:43 PM

11. Cute. I'm sure it will cause outrage somewhere. Faux and otherwise.

Posted by: HirsuteHeuristics | May 8, 2013 12:56:51 PM

12. "Ounce the great and powerful"

OMG I laughed so much.

Posted by: Jols | May 8, 2013 12:56:58 PM

13. I don't see it as necessarily anti-gay, but it does seem to poke fun at marriage equality in a way that does not necessarily help us out.

Marriage is serious and powerful. Getting acceptance is serious and powerful.

Using it as a gag to be laughed at or shocked by seems like an attempt to reduce it's power or at the very least, that's the unintended by-product.

For younger minds who are trying to formulate an opinion on this stuff, it says "Yeah, kissing a guy is no big deal, being gay is OK, but neither one is that amazing."

Sorry, but I think kissing another guy is a huge privilege and an honor. Especially when you can get killed in another country for it. I don't like seeing it used this way.

Posted by: johnny | May 8, 2013 12:58:10 PM

14. Am I the only one who saw the subversively pro-gay message here? Given that religious fundies are alway equating homosex with the second coming of Sodom and Gomorah I thought the juxtaposition of all those "normal" straight boys on a debauched spring break against the gay couples commiting to each other quite effective.

Posted by: e.c. | May 8, 2013 1:08:26 PM

15. Well said e.c., that's exactly what I saw as well.

Posted by: RONTEX | May 8, 2013 1:22:42 PM

16. Will James Franco ever stop with his insane obsession with everything gay while maintaining an essentially heterosexual status? That, or finally come out.

Posted by: GCS | May 8, 2013 1:25:26 PM

17. Love Between Two Ferns! And that was awesome!

Posted by: C.J. | May 8, 2013 1:33:43 PM

18. Obviously this is a very pro-gay marriage video and statement. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

The "frat boys" culture is ridiculed, juxtaposed with lovely, beautiful pictures of three gay male couples getting married.

And ultimate irony: It's a "spring break anthem" that, while taking all the genre's codes (easy music, lyrics about sex and booze...) will never be taken up by the frat crowd since half the lyrics are about gay marriage.

I loved it, and the set up is perfect.

Posted by: Jols | May 8, 2013 1:36:25 PM

19. Right on e.c.

Apparently the message was way too subtle for johnny.

Posted by: BenR | May 8, 2013 1:37:24 PM

20. It must taking 4 hours and a fairly large bag of herb to make this...

Posted by: Mike in nyc | May 8, 2013 1:37:38 PM

21. It must taking 4 hours and a fairly large bag of herb to make this...

Posted by: Mike in nyc | May 8, 2013 1:37:41 PM

22. @Mike
    "i wanna marry ed norton. there. i said it."

LOL Been carrying that around for a while, Mike?

Posted by: JONES | May 8, 2013 1:56:53 PM

23. Sodom. Okay..

But, what exactly were they up to (down to..) in Gomorrah?

What is Gomorrahmy? What sex bits are used, between whom and is there S&M involved?

Concerned citizens want to know :)

Posted by: Zipper666 | May 8, 2013 2:02:30 PM

24. LOL...okay, the mind of the Straight Boy can be mysterious; but this is clearly, enthusiastically supportive in that mysterious and oblique way...

My favorite line, "I don't consider what you did at the Oscars, 'hosting'."

Posted by: Kile Ozier | May 8, 2013 2:15:41 PM

25. You all can take Edward Norton. Give me his 'husband' Jorma Taccone any day.

Posted by: Gregoire | May 8, 2013 2:39:55 PM