Naomi Watts as Princess Diana: First Look

Watts

Here's the first official shot of Naomi Watts as Princess Diana from the upcoming biopic Diana.

Deadline reports:

"Entertainment One has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Diana, the Oliver Hirschbiegel-directed drama about a secret love affair that Princess Diana had shortly before her tragic death. With Naomi Watts as the princess, this was one of the higher-profile pictures shopped at the Cannes Film Festival and eOne bought the rights from Embankment Films and Ecosse Films. eOne will also distribute with major releases in the UK, Canada and Spain with the U.S. film coming in Oscar season later this year.

Comments

1. ripper says

Sorry to be off-topic, but FYI: Major League Soccer just announced that Robbie Rogers has joined LA Galaxy, making him the first openly gay active player on a pro American sports team.

2. GB says

Bio pics are difficult. Meryl Streep does the best job with biography. Princess Diana died two days after my father died, also in a car accident. Upon hearing about her, I was devastated, but had to down play it due to my father of course. Remember getting up at 5am in Miami to watch her wedding. My love for Diana was rivaled only by Jackie Onassis.

3. Icebloo says

Yawn. Who cares ? Diana was one of the most selfish, immatire and superficial attention seekers the world has ever known. She never did anything for anyone but herself. She was a cheating whore who broke up numerous marriages despite publicly crying about her own marriage break up. She was a loser. Gay men need to grow up and stop thinking Diana was this wonderful person. She was rich white trash.

Can we make a movie about someone who deserves our admiration instead please ?

4. MateoM says

Wow Icebloo…tell us how you really think.

Considering that she’s done more for the world than you have ever, and will ever, do, I suggest you take your harsh words elsewhere. You’re the only loser that I can see.

5. Mike says

@margueritegautier Disagree TOTALLY with the opinion given of the lovely late Diana, however mistakes ARE made by the bloody gremlins when posting. (?) Think that we should give Icebloo the benefit of the doubt here! Who knows, he MIGHT have submitted immature only to have it come out “immatire”. I know. [Sigh].

6. Dave J says

Icebloo: I agree, a total princess in every sense of the word.

Accolades for touching a PWA? And her work on landmines?

Please…This is the kind of charity work that the average Park Avenue matron does on a daily basis, with a lot less fanfare.

Useless overbred trash. Good Riddance.

7. helen says

I love princess Diana. As an insomniac teeneger I was up late watching t.v. when they first announced that she had been in an automobile accident in that Paris tunnel.. I stayed up and watched it all unfold…until Charles spoke. She was a lovely woman. Her funeral brought me to tears. The bitterness of sodomites no longer surprises me. The only women you admire are whores like lady Gaga and Madonna. Diana was not perfect and
    I hope in her final moments she repented of all her sins and renewed her covenant with Jesus Christ.

I recently saw video of Diana interacting with her young nieces and nephews at Harry’s christening. So soft-spoken and kind. As a mother of young children I can only admire her.

8. Kenneth says

Oh helen, while I thoroughly disagree with the other trolls on here, icepoo/davidwhatever, you are an even worse troll. Waste your life on mythology if you want, but keep it to yourself or share it with other tragic xtianistas, they might actually care what you think.