Crime | New York | News

Police Release Photo of Suspect in Attack on Gay Couple Outside Knicks Game in NYC: VIDEO

Surveillance

Last night I reported on an attack on a gay couple that took place on Sunday afternoon near Madison Square Garden. The attackers were wearing NY Knicks gear (a game was happening at the time) and a bystander provided police with some cell phone images of one of the attackers.

Nick Porto and his partner Kevin Atkins were assaulted by a group of men using homophobic slurs as they walked arm-in-arm on Eighth Avenue at 34th street after having brunch.

Watch FOX NY's report and see the photos, AFTER THE JUMP...

New York News | NYC Breaking News

Comments

1. Good, lets hope whoever spots them does the right thing!

Posted by: Tom | May 7, 2013 12:10:06 PM

2. Get this thug.

Posted by: Mike | May 7, 2013 12:11:00 PM

3. A bystander took the picture, so luckily at least one witness who saw this horrendous attack has come forward. Good.

Those photos are very clear, that guy should be spotted pretty quickly and apprehended. Hopefully the NYPD finds the other attackers as well.

Posted by: Francis #1 | May 7, 2013 12:14:48 PM

4. prepare for your imminent arrest, sugarpie.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 7, 2013 12:25:31 PM

5. "Perhaps those Knicks fans were upset because they'd just lost to the pacers" the reporter said. Like that's an excuse for attacking people!

Posted by: Gigi | May 7, 2013 12:27:53 PM

6. Do people know how many guys look like him in NY? He does seem to have a kind of particular weak lower jaw and facial hair, but other than that he looks very average. And he's Hispanic? Says who, the victims? If so, I'd guess Dominican.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 7, 2013 12:30:39 PM

7. there's something in the mob-mentality at sporting events that brings out the Neanderthal in people.

Toronto has had to deal with complete f***ing idiots in the streets for days with all this Maple Leafs nonsense.

yay. "your" team won. let's celebrate by clogging traffic and breaking stuff. woohoo.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 7, 2013 12:33:10 PM

8. @Kiwi, agreed. The mob mentality around sporting events is medieval. Inhibitions disappear (often aided by consuming lots of beer) and people play out their most base instincts.

What's worse is that people somehow think all of this makes their behavior excusable. "No, you don't understand! We torched the taxi because our team WON!!! Get it now??" Barf.

Posted by: Lars | May 7, 2013 12:40:50 PM

9. it doesn't even have the "our-team" appeal of highschool or college sports; you know, where the people on "your team" are actually from YOUR school?

i don't get what makes it "my team" when there aint nobody on that team from my darn city.

"yay! a bunch of well-paid guys from totally different places who totally don't actually live here won a game wearing the name of the team that represents my city!!"

and yeah - doesn't matter whether the team even wins or loses. bus shelters will be broken. because....yeah.

can you imagine if theatre-folks torched NY whenever their favored performers didn't win Tony awards? ;-)

"I'm gonna smash these windows because Alice Ripley was ROBBED!", said no Queen, ever.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 7, 2013 12:49:50 PM

10. Wow, the Boston bombers were caught within a week because of cell and camera footage. At what point do people not figure out the world is watching you. Who needs big brother? The world watches and you will be caught.

Posted by: jakeinlove | May 7, 2013 12:53:10 PM

11. Wow, the Boston bombers were caught within a week because of cell and camera footage. At what point do people not figure out the world is watching you. Who needs big brother? The world watches and you will be caught.

Posted by: jakeinlove | May 7, 2013 12:53:11 PM

12. Another cowardly thug. Always in groups and always by guys who'd get the crap kicked out of them in a one on one fair fight.

Posted by: QJ201 | May 7, 2013 1:03:38 PM

13. I dont find myself moved to comment on other posts here: but Ratbastard your creepy racism really explains a lot about you. Not exactly surprising, of course.

Posted by: Mike in nyc | May 7, 2013 1:16:58 PM

14. Typical sports thug garbage. I hope a crowd gangs up on him.

Posted by: nikko | May 7, 2013 1:41:20 PM

15. I'm for we queers arming ourselves and confronting these assholes.

Posted by: Laurie | May 7, 2013 1:50:46 PM

16. We still have a long way to equality!

This is a silver lining to our surveillance society, that thugs and criminals can be caught easier on camera.

People are less likely to commit crime if they know they will be caught.

Posted by: Ulu | May 7, 2013 1:55:56 PM

17. A thug? I am shocked?

Posted by: Jose Soto | May 7, 2013 3:06:43 PM

18. Mike in nyc, just can it with the ridiculous PC obsessive crap.

Posted by: selft | May 7, 2013 4:18:21 PM

19. I'm not racist. In case you didn't know, a group of black men savagely penetrated by father's anus many years ago and he ended up dying from his wounds. It doesn't matter that the sex was not only consensual, and that my father paid them to do it, but that they should know how much damage their swinging pendulous meat can cause to a tend white rump like my late father's.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 7, 2013 4:22:16 PM

20. @"Mike in nyc, just can it with the ridiculous PC obsessive crap"

He said he rarely posts comments. He must have felt a need to finally say something about Rat's postings.

"...ridiculous PC obsessive crap"

bullsh.t

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 7, 2013 4:36:07 PM

21. I'm not racist. In case you didn't know, a group of black men savagely penetrated by father's anus many years ago and he ended up dying from his wounds. It doesn't matter that the sex was not only consensual, and that my father paid them to do it, but that they should know how much damage their swinging pendulous meat can cause to a tend white rump like my late father's.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 7, 2013 4:22:16 PM

************************************

WHOEVER POSTED THE ABOVE [NOT ME] IS SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY MENTALLY DISTURBED.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 7, 2013 4:56:38 PM

22. I'm not racist. In case you didn't know, a group of black men savagely penetrated by father's anus many years ago and he ended up dying from his wounds. It doesn't matter that the sex was not only consensual, and that my father paid them to do it, but that they should know how much damage their swinging pendulous meat can cause to a tend white rump like my late father's.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 7, 2013 4:22:16 PM

************************************

WHOEVER POSTED THE ABOVE [NOT ME] IS SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY MENTALLY DISTURBED.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 7, 2013 4:56:39 PM

23. @Mike in NYC,

WTF are you talking about? WHAT did I post on this thread or ANY thread that was 'racist'? What? Just WTF do guys like you, Mike, mean when you call me 'racist'? Give me a very concrete example from this thread. The only thing I can think of is you're offended because I said he looks Dominican. Well Mike, HE DOES! And NYC's dominant Hispanic ethnicity is Dominican. I do not hate Dominicans, PRs, or anyone else because of their 'ethnicity' or 'race', or religion for that matter. Where you offended by my saying there's a lot of guys in NYC who look like him? WHY? It's true, Mike! Nothing 'racist' was meant by that comment! There's a lot of guys in NYC who wear hoodies! A lot of guys wear suits in Midtown and DXT Manhattan. Go to Scandinavia and a lot of guys look Nordic. A lot of guys in Tokyo look Japanese!

The bullsh*t PC on here is pathetic.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 7, 2013 5:07:54 PM

24. Once again, private photos are being used by law enforcement. Wasn't it footage from a private security camera (a restaurant, I believe), that was instrumental in finding those responsible for the Boston Marathon Bombing? Why aren't law enforcement photos / video finding the bad guys?

Posted by: MuscleModelBlog.com | May 7, 2013 7:05:51 PM

25. QJ201 - He is about to find out how he will do in a fight alone when someone in the prison he is going to wants his pretty boy ass and he is going to have to fight to keep it. My money is on the other guy.

Posted by: J. Leo | May 7, 2013 10:17:46 PM