Chris Broussard | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Jason Collins | News | Pat Robertson

Pat Robertson Defends ESPN's Broussard, Says 'Nothing Bigoted' About Calling Jason Collins an Abomination: VIDEO

Robertson

Pat Robertson yesterday defended ESPN commentator Chris Broussard, who caused a firestorm when he said Jason Collins was 'in rebellion God' for coming out as gay, Raw Story reports.

Said Robertson:

“Somehow we’ve said if it’s heterosexual fornication, it’s bad; if it’s homosexual fornication — that used to be called an abomination in the Bible — now it’s a protected civil right. And so somebody that says that that kind of conduct is sinful is now being pilloried in the press. He’s telling the truth! This is what the Bible says!...You can’t tell them if they want to go to hell or heaven, that’s their business. But don’t tell somebody that he can’t speak specifically about what the Christian faith says about certain conduct. There isn’t anything bigoted about that...So, our hat’s off to somebody who’s brave enough to say it. But, whew, let’s hope the people at ESPN will man up and defend their guy for speaking what is truth."

And so far, ESPN is standing by him.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Man, this peepaw is so out to lunch, I do hope he wears a bracelet with his name and address on it.

When did Jason Collins coming out have anything to do with fornication? Ahhh, that's right, people like Pat Robertson are consumed, literally consume by gay sex. He talks about it more than most gay men I know. (And who ever said sex is bad between a man and woman???? Oh right, that would be Pat. But then again, he's a little confused. Frankly, I wouldn't let him touch the remote control for the TV much let put his brain-addle self on it.)

And peepaw, maybe you don't know what ESPN is. It's a sport's show, not the Regressive Christian Station. I wonder if Pat would like someone to come on whatever silly station he's on and announce that there was no Adam and Eve, it's an allegory, Jonah didn't live in the whales belly, the entire earth didn't flood and Noah didn't put two of every animal on his arc, etc. Because using his own words, you have to defend a guy for speaking the truth.

Ah, but we're talking crazy here. Why I get so worked up over crazy, I don't know. Why I get worked up over a guy I don't watch, believe in or find anything but an assclown, I don't know.

I guess it's because these fossils are so regressive and blatantly ignorant to fact that their faith can't hold up to it.

Posted by: Bart | May 1, 2013 10:43:21 AM

2. Pat makes Chris look like a bleeding heart liberal. The world will be a much better place after Pat goes to meet his maker.

Posted by: Jack M | May 1, 2013 10:44:25 AM

3. The only abomination I see is Pat Robertson.

Let's discuss your blood diamond enterprise Pat, shall we?

Posted by: Mark Alexander | May 1, 2013 10:46:47 AM

4. I wonder if he'd feel the same way about the "truth" if it came from the Koran, or the Lord of the Rings..... I read it on the internet, it MUST be the "truth."

Posted by: Michaelandfred | May 1, 2013 10:51:28 AM

5. Does this con artist still sell his magic pancake mix? (really, he used to hawk a pancake mix on his show)

Posted by: homer | May 1, 2013 10:59:06 AM

6. The fossil speaks.

Posted by: Chadd | May 1, 2013 11:00:14 AM

7. I'm waiting on the day this man has died so I can have a party.

Posted by: Derrick | May 1, 2013 11:02:49 AM

8. Before we all get upset, again, can we just take an honest moment to acknowledge that this guy was terrifically creepy in POLTERGEIST II: THE OTHER SIDE?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 1, 2013 11:07:18 AM

9. says the man who told one of his viewers to drop of their wife afflicted with Alzheimer at a state run institution and go get a new wife

^ YES robertson the defender of "sanctified hetero marriage" recommended exactly that

why anyone listens to the fool snake oil salesman is beyond me

Posted by: Moz's | May 1, 2013 11:09:01 AM

10. These guys don't get it... it would be amusing if it weren't so hateful and damaging. The bible also says don't eat shellfish... they just ignore it... clothes with two fabrics? Ignore it... whatever...

Posted by: Gerry | May 1, 2013 11:14:20 AM

11. *sigh* This man is still living? -_-

Posted by: Mikah | May 1, 2013 11:15:31 AM

12. The only abominations in this world are evangelical christians. What execrable people!

Posted by: jamal49 | May 1, 2013 11:16:54 AM

13. Good thing that real Christians believe in Christ, the God who has NEVER EVER condemned homosexuality nor same sex marriage, and who has also said to love thy neighbor as thyself as the greatest commandments, the highest laws of ALL biblical laws of ALL prophets. And from the parable of the good samaritan, Christ has preached that those who follow those laws will have eternal life.

Religious anti-gays, like Pat, are actually anti-Christ. They abuse the bible to deceive people with all the lower biblical laws and to defy the highest ones by promoting hate among people. Haters and anti-gays are all condemned to hell.

Posted by: Simon | May 1, 2013 11:17:05 AM

14. Would Jesus Christ ever call ANY of his children an 'abomination'? I think not! Pat, YOU are the abomination here! Go away!

Posted by: Jim Brown | May 1, 2013 11:20:01 AM

15. Far be it from me to defend Robertson, but to be fair, he did not say Collins is an abomination. He said that gay sex is an abomination, and heterosexual sex outside marriage is a sin. In Christianity, the abomination label applies to acts, behavior, not to people. He is trying to inartfully say that Christianity focuses on people's behavior and judges the behavior, not the worth of the person.

Posted by: Kyle | May 1, 2013 11:23:58 AM

16. well woop tee doooo - these heteros think thier VaJJ to Pee-Pee sex is sooo superior..LOL well its not....its just sex between human beings...period.

Posted by: disgusted american | May 1, 2013 11:34:52 AM

17. I hope he chokes on a shrimp cocktail

Posted by: QJ201 | May 1, 2013 11:35:07 AM

18. Patsy disproves the old adage that with age comes wisdom. I have never seen someone so old, yet so stupid.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | May 1, 2013 11:39:41 AM

19. I was so distracted by his head. I kept asking aloud is it Photoshopped?

Posted by: carlos | May 1, 2013 11:50:14 AM

20. God needs to call Pat home soon. His work here is finished.

Posted by: Brian | May 1, 2013 11:53:58 AM

21. I noticed they cut out the references to heterosexual sex out of wed-lock.

Posted by: Jellybean | May 1, 2013 12:26:01 PM

22. I am really not surprised. Such hateful messages one after another from this "man".

Posted by: Matt26 | May 1, 2013 12:45:10 PM

23. Didn't read the article, but is this the start of "National Senile Old Fart Week"?

Posted by: StevyD | May 1, 2013 12:50:40 PM

24. Pat is no longer relevant...he's tainted with blood diamonds, phony strength "what-evers" and so much else ... why are you giving this guy air time?
    He needs to be ignored - even when he passes.
    We already know he's going to make idiotic frothy comments ... why give him space here to make them, even when he's being poked fun at by those here ... :(

Posted by: wds | May 1, 2013 12:53:42 PM

25. Did I miss something? Are heterosexuals being called out on their many abominations or is Pat talking out of his ass again?

Posted by: Michael | May 1, 2013 1:34:54 PM