David Sedaris | Jon Stewart | News

BigGayDeal.com

David Sedaris Tells Hilarious Tales of His Book Tour to Jon Stewart: VIDEO

Sedaris_stewart

Author David Sedaris joined Jon Stewart last night to talk about his new book Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls, and his book tour, the people he meets on it, and the polls he takes at them.

Sedaris has discovered that gay and straight men have COMPLETELY different ways of enjoying desserts.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Someone else here said it also but yeah definitely got a Woody Allenish vibe.

Bet he'd be fun at a house party or on a show with no language sensors.

Posted by: JONES | May 10, 2013 5:28:33 PM

2. How does he get cuter as he gets older??? It's not fair.

Posted by: entrepoid | May 10, 2013 5:56:50 PM

3. He is hilarious!

Posted by: mikep | May 10, 2013 7:55:29 PM

4. And I'm so thankful that I find both Amy and David funny. Thank you sweet jesus.

Posted by: Joe | May 10, 2013 8:38:16 PM

5. I love David and have all his books but I was disappointed by this book and the last one, though it was more funnier. They both had hit and miss stories. I have them all on audio book and listened to them multiple times, especially on road trips, and his reading makes it more enjoyable. It seems he has run out of stories about his family and is trying to venture out and its not that easy. Still a huge fan though and I loved this interview....ps I'm Black too and still a huge fan.

Posted by: justandra | May 10, 2013 8:57:38 PM

6. Actually, I have only heard of David Sedaris. Don't know anything about him and haven't read his books. But that was one funny interview! Seeing Jon Stewart bust up was the best part.

Posted by: Chadd | May 10, 2013 9:24:35 PM

7. You want laugh out loud funny, go to YouTube and listen to Sedaris do his reading of "6 to 8 Black Men".

But then I'm a sucker for him anyway. And I love his voice.

Posted by: Tatts | May 10, 2013 9:39:44 PM

8. Umm, I don't know what David Hearn said that was so offensive. That whole interview with Jon and David was very amusing and I really liked it. But let's face it, it was white people humor. It isn't an insult. It is description.

It's like saying merengue is latin music. You don't have to be latin to dance it. But it is latin music. Let's put another way. If you like this clip, you probably listen to NPR. What David Hearn said doesn't seem to me very troll-like.

Posted by: Miguel R. | May 11, 2013 12:02:21 AM

9. I would think two white guys doing black people humor would be offensive to many people.

Posted by: Steveinde | May 11, 2013 12:19:52 AM

10. Well, I for one thought there was maybe one or two funny comments by David (who is great) that surprised John but.. the rest of the time John was feigning interest and laughter, which is why it was so exaggerated. If you go back and look at some of John's other interviews you can see the differences between a real laugh and the bombastic stuff that inhabited most of that interview. At those times I'd say he's faking it.

Posted by: Scott | May 11, 2013 1:23:36 AM

11. I love David Sedaris (And I am black) and I am looking forward to reading his new book. I actually prefer to hear the audiobook version because I love his delivery.

Posted by: BrandonJD | May 11, 2013 7:46:30 AM

12. "Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls" is hilarious. I bought it and keep re-reading it because it is so funny.

I especially love the parts of the book where he skewers parents who don't ever discipline their kids.

Posted by: Hephaestion | May 11, 2013 5:14:26 PM

13. Steveinde- You are assuming that I (and David Hearn) are being critical. I certainly wasn't. Loved the interview.

Posted by: Miguel R. | May 11, 2013 6:51:40 PM

14. Very funny. I enjoyed it. Towleroad needs to post more positive and humerous items because frankly I tend to avoid this site sometimes because it is just too depressing. Mix it up.

Posted by: andrew | May 12, 2013 10:38:48 PM

15. Dessert sharing piece was a riot

Posted by: rick scatorum | May 16, 2013 9:55:08 AM

16. Dessert sharing piece was a riot

Posted by: rick scatorum | May 16, 2013 9:55:10 AM

17. I've found that when I read his work silently, I don't find it particularly funny, but reading it aloud, or far better, listening to the audio of it, everything he writes is devastatingly funny.

Posted by: Lymis | May 18, 2013 7:56:34 PM