Education | Gay Youth | News

Two Adorable 2013 Gay Prom Photos

Gayprom

The first, via Imgur, captioned: "We just got back from the prom." "Did you have dates?" "Um, yeah."

Another, below, via Reddit: "Me (right) and my boyfriend (left) for prom!"

The times are a-changin'. What was your prom experience like and what year was it?

2_gayprom

Comments

1. Unfortunately, Kiwi hasn't aged well. His hairline is receding and he has gained weight. A long period of gaining and losing weight has stretched out his skin and left him looking puffy and much older than he should. I seems that obesity runs in his family. Check out their pics on his blog. A vision of Kiwi's future.

Fortunately, Kiwi has such a kind, open-minded and easy-going personality to fall back on, not to mention an enormously successful acting career.

Posted by: Devon | May 14, 2013 2:52:42 PM

2. yeah. i'm like totes fat ;-)

*elegant curtsy*

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 14, 2013 3:01:28 PM

3. don't know about Kiwi being fat and all, but Devon has a point about the aging face. kiwi looks about 10-15 years older than his real age. party drugs will kill ya looks. i should know.

Posted by: tony | May 14, 2013 3:36:21 PM

4. yeah. i, like, totes look 40/45.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 14, 2013 3:54:44 PM

5. I took the "Little Catholic Girl" to the Prom. I already knew I was gay, in fact I was dating an older man, but Catholic girls are supposed to be repressed and non-sexual, right? WRONG!

She had a rough tongue like a cat.

I still feel a little bit bad about it. She was a nice girl but nobody was beating down her door to take her to the Prom, so that's how I excused it. She should have had someone who actually wanted her to take her to Prom and I should have been able to take my boyfriend.

The only reason I even went was because slightly older gay men of my acquaintance seemed to make a big deal of having not gone to their own proms, like it was an important rite of passage they'd missed. I went, but it was calculated.

However, I was cute as heck in my tux and I'm glad I have those pics!

I'm so glad that for much of the country young gay people can take the person of their choosing without it becoming an issue.

Posted by: Caliban | May 14, 2013 4:20:48 PM

6. Adorable...I hope the post-prom action these couples (I hope) engaged in was safe and fun. :)

Posted by: Jere | May 14, 2013 4:32:28 PM

7. My senior prom was in 2001 and I took my boyfriend. No one batted an eye. I wasn't the first person to do it in my high school!

Posted by: JH | May 14, 2013 4:51:27 PM

8. Kiwi - That's called "blorange"

Posted by: David Hearne | May 14, 2013 5:20:13 PM

9. Happy these gay kids can create happy memories

Posted by: jaragon | May 14, 2013 5:29:41 PM

10. @tony, No it's genetics that kill your looks. My adopted brothers look like crap and my biological ones somehow still look OK. I've done more drugs than any human possibly should have survived and everyone thinks that I'm 26. I am not even close.

Decent skin products and plastic surgery also help, not that I've ever done either.

Posted by: Paul R | May 14, 2013 5:38:11 PM

11. Took my guy to prom. Hawaii 2001. Got a couple looks but nothing serious during the slow dance. wasn't that huge of a deal, or at least didn't feel that way then.

Posted by: Ryan | May 14, 2013 6:07:59 PM

12. My prom had a "white" band and a "black" band. Can you imagine? 1982... How far we've come.

Posted by: Tre | May 14, 2013 7:45:45 PM

13. I graduated in 1957 and had no idea this would ever happen. We didn't even conceive of such a thing. After all, we had no idea we were even normal. What a wonderful sight to see. And now I am going to get married in NYC to the love of my life after 36 years together. Ain't life grand and full of wonderful surprises.

Posted by: J. Leo | May 14, 2013 11:18:15 PM

14. I make very sure I don't remember anything about high school; it's my way of being good to myself. :->

Posted by: Profe Sancho Panza | May 14, 2013 11:45:31 PM

15. Why, in the second photo, is he kissing a girl rather than his supposed "date"? And why is she standing between them, as if she "owns" both of them?

Why are so many gay men so emotionally attached to women, at the same time that they have such difficulty forming lasting emotional bonds to each other?

Posted by: Rick | May 14, 2013 11:53:33 AM

Are you unaware that the women is the boy's mom, or is your weird brand of misogyny so extreme that you think a teenager showing affection for the woman who gave birth to him is a sign of gay male dysfunction?

Posted by: Ed | May 15, 2013 12:00:52 AM

16. If she's his mom, why is she wearing a prom corsage? I agree with nothing Rick said, just to be clear. But judging from the corsage and dress (and hand gestures), she's also going to that prom.

Posted by: Profe Sancho Panza | May 15, 2013 12:49:35 AM

17. I'm going to bed with a big smile on my face. EVERYTHING we fought for has made this kind of thing, however fledgling, possible.

Posted by: greg | May 15, 2013 1:46:42 AM

18. J. Leo...

Congratulations! :)

^^X^^

Posted by: Bruce Wayne | May 15, 2013 2:48:56 AM

19. Kiwi, you are adorable..don't listen to UFFDA/Andrew who is the same old as hell poster who is on disability and has to volunteer at a gay community center where no one wants him around.

Kiwi, you look great.

Posted by: Leonardo | May 15, 2013 3:06:23 AM

20. Devon, as if we don't know you are really Rick-Jason-ratbastard-UFFDA? lol you're way too obvious.

Little Kiw you look perfectly handsome to me.

Posted by: Mentos | May 15, 2013 3:07:15 AM

21. These two pics are soo adorable and the couples in them are equally cute. Congrats for having the courage to be yourselves boys. THAT is what helps make a positive society full of love. Honesty, authenticity, and openness about who you are.

Posted by: Genuine 505 | May 15, 2013 3:11:02 AM

22. Poor Rick. One suspects he doesn't have indoor plumbing and comes here to take a dump every day.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | May 15, 2013 7:20:37 AM

23. I went to my Junior and Senior Prom with my boyfriend at the time. This was back in 1998 and 1999 in the East Bay of NoCal. Aside from the horrible decision to arrive with frosted tips and white tuxedos... everything was fine and we all had a great time!

Unfortunately, that high school has gone downhill since I left it - a transgender teen was murdered a few years after I graduated and there have been multiple shooting attempts in the corridors. *sigh*

Posted by: MykeTV | May 15, 2013 11:56:36 AM

24. My senior prom in 1984 in suburban Cleveland went with my main 'hag' . After the rather boring prom we changed out of our prom attire and headed downtown and went dancing until 3am at Chapter Two, the biggest gay disco in town! Best after-prom ever!

Posted by: Esteban | May 15, 2013 2:43:59 PM

25. Brought a tear to my eyes. Times they are changing.

Posted by: Andrew | May 15, 2013 4:29:57 PM