Music | Music Video | News | Rostam Batmanglij | Vampire Weekend

Vampire Weekend's Latest, 'Ya Hey': Video

Vampireweekend

Vampire Weekend dropped the lyric video for their latest single, "Ya Hey" yesterday.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously...
Towleroad Interview: Vampire Weekend's Rostam Batmanglij [tlrd]

Comments

1. For the record - no pun intended - I hate this band.

Posted by: EchtKultig | May 4, 2013 11:33:42 AM

2. I'm sorry to seem like I was troll bating. That post was just my visceral reaction to seeing another story on this band in web media. But you gotta admit this is funny:

Posted by: EchtKultig | May 4, 2013 11:40:50 AM

3. Spinning Israelites? They are rather pretentious, but somehow I listened to the entire song and was left feeling ambivalent. They are clever if that was the intention!

Posted by: Alex N | May 4, 2013 11:40:59 AM

4. Oh dear...in the minority again: I thought it was lovely.

Posted by: VSo | May 4, 2013 12:10:03 PM

5. Agree. They are terrible. I don't understand the appeal at all -- and the name seems completely incongruous to their excruciatingly cheesy calypso-inspired sound and preppy image.

Posted by: dingding | May 4, 2013 12:30:49 PM

6. @VSo, I got your back, Vampire Weekend is one of my favorite bands!

@dingding, their name is actually from a student film they worked on when they were students at Columbia University. Their song Walcott on their first album actually is the basic storyline of that movie. But, I don't know what their name would convey, I guess maybe something a bit harder or more gothic maybe?

Posted by: Chris | May 4, 2013 12:54:53 PM

7. One of my favorite bands ever! This song is ok. I prefer the more upbeat and frenetic sound of their last album.

Posted by: jackson | May 4, 2013 2:08:25 PM

8. I just got tickets to their Hollywood Bowl concert. Love 'em!

Posted by: CP | May 4, 2013 2:26:12 PM

9. Oh Rostam. Sigh.

Posted by: Lars | May 4, 2013 3:39:38 PM

10. I can't stand their music.

Posted by: peterparker | May 4, 2013 4:34:43 PM

11. The lead singer's voice is great.

Posted by: Johnson | May 4, 2013 5:20:13 PM

12. Um, I like Vampire Weekend. Liked the video. The spewing champagne is kind of cliche but the juxtaposition is somehow apt. Zion climax and all that.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 5, 2013 1:05:40 PM