Cheerleading | Dance | News | Sports

Alabama's All-Male Cheerleading Team Will Make Your Day: VIDEO

PrancingElites

Watch as the Prancing Elites, Alabam's All-Male Cheerleading Team, werque and J-set their way into your hearts AFTER THE JUMP...

(jezebel via colorlines)

Comments

1. Werque it Alabama!

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Jun 20, 2013 2:05:55 PM

2. Disgusting.

Posted by: DB | Jun 20, 2013 2:12:29 PM

3. three snaps in a Z-formation :)

note to all closet cases who will furiously get their panties in a twist about this: these boys aren't afraid to werk their thing, so why are you? :D

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 20, 2013 2:16:02 PM

4. DB, you shouldn't say such harsh things about yourself. I'm sure there's someone out there who can stand you.

Posted by: Thomasina | Jun 20, 2013 2:18:24 PM

5. God damn it!

Posted by: Fenrox | Jun 20, 2013 2:20:20 PM

6. Impressive but not my thing.

Posted by: Victor | Jun 20, 2013 2:22:48 PM

7. What a letdown. I've seen 8 year olds with better routines. Boring!!

Zzzzzz....zzzz...zz...zzzzzz.

Posted by: sean | Jun 20, 2013 2:24:40 PM

8. Way, way late on reporting this. Fierth.com had it up more than a week ago.

Posted by: Bootaze and Weenaze | Jun 20, 2013 2:26:46 PM

9. Amateurs. So out of sync it was pathetic. And really, if the bulge is showing what's the point?

Posted by: Derrick in Philly | Jun 20, 2013 2:30:28 PM

10. This is J-setting, not cheerleading.

I first heard about J-setting a few yrs ago and, if I recall correctly, it's a form of dance invented by the black, gay community--i.e., not unlike vogueing in terms of its origins.

Posted by: redball | Jun 20, 2013 2:30:52 PM

11. @Derrick: Yeah, they look more like they're having a spasm from one too many chocospresso culottaculona fwappé-frappés. Too much jerkin' and not enough twerkin', I say.

That's the trouble with young 'uns. All frenetic energy, no sense of restraint or grace. No understanding of when less is more.

Posted by: MateoM | Jun 20, 2013 2:33:45 PM

12. @MateoM: "No understanding of when less is more."

Or even when any at all is way too much.

Posted by: David Hearne | Jun 20, 2013 2:39:55 PM

13. Obama's boys.

Posted by: Beebs | Jun 20, 2013 2:43:19 PM

14. My first thought on seeing this a few days ago was, "Really? ALABAMA?!" My second was, "Hmmm, I wonder how many of the players are hooking up with them after the game?"

I'm not very impressed by their routine. They need to work on their choreography. But their guts? They've got a lot of that! Hey, it's not my thing, but nobody died and made me lord arbiter of all things, so who gives a %$#%?

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 20, 2013 2:52:55 PM

15. Being an LGBT person is definitely about being a blend of male and female, and disregarding gender roles. However, there's a fine line between ignoring gender roles and turning yourself into bad parody of a man or a woman. That's what this cheerleading troupe is doing. They need to reach a little higher.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Jun 20, 2013 3:02:14 PM

16. One word: Tripod.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 20, 2013 3:02:23 PM

17. It's so odd, I saw this clip posted on Jezebel this morning, and the (presumably) straight women who read Jezebel were nothing but praise.

On Towleroad, most of the comments from gay men are negative.

It really makes it apparent where a lot of homophobia comes from. Hint: Look in the mirror.

Posted by: ripper | Jun 20, 2013 3:05:52 PM

18. @Stuffed Animal,

I appreciate what you said, but I think you're speaking for yourself. I'm most definitely a guy. I'm of the male gender. I understand some gay and non-gay males feel like a girl trapped in a dude's body, or some variation of that. I'm not one of them.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 20, 2013 3:06:38 PM

19. no, you're just a wimpy boy trapped in a closet.

how was fathers day, bastard? i cooked for my dad. lamb chops :D

what did you do? dildo yourself on his grave? :D

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 20, 2013 3:12:00 PM

20. @Mr. Miller,

You are mentally unstable,Raymond. If you're receiving psychiatric care, it's not doing the job. If you aren't, you need to avail yourself of your country's 'free' healthcare.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 20, 2013 3:40:25 PM

21. And the takeaway from the The Prancing Elites: You don't have to be "good" to be Fabulous.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Jun 20, 2013 3:45:18 PM

22. And the takeaway from the The Prancing Elites: You don't have to be "good" to be Fabulous.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Jun 20, 2013 3:45:18 PM

23. When do the males perform?

Posted by: Cy | Jun 20, 2013 3:48:21 PM

24. Work it!

Stop the flame war. Embrace the diversity in the LGBTQ community.

Posted by: Alan | Jun 20, 2013 3:48:22 PM

25. Kiwi, srsly, you and the Miller clan do NOT need to be eating pork chops. I have seen the pics of your fam. It ain't pretty. Eat salad.

Posted by: Victor | Jun 20, 2013 3:50:30 PM