Beth Ditto | Blondie | Debbie Harry | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Blondie and Beth Ditto Team Up for 'A Rose By Any Name': LISTEN

Blondie

What would it sound like if Blondie teamed up with gay Gossip frontwoman Beth Ditto? We now know as their new dance track "A Rose By Any Name" has hit the web. It's the first track from Blondie's upcoming album Ghosts of Download, set for release later this year along with a tour beginning September 5th in 18 U.S. cities.

It's also lifted by the gorgeous, catchy gay-friendly chorus: ”If you’re a boy or if you’re a girl / I love you just the same.”

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I may get slammed for this, but I have never and will never understand the appeal of Beth Ditto. Once, I saw her stomping around onstage, barefoot, screeching a cover of someone else's song, and that was all I ever needed to see. I am always a little baffled when I see the fawning press she receives from the gay community.

Posted by: Chris | Jun 22, 2013 9:42:01 AM

2. How is the chorus gay-friendly towards men? It"s sung by a woman, not a man. It's yet another example of the homophobic double standard in the music industry.

If a man sung it, I might consider it gay-friendly towards men.

Posted by: Jason | Jun 22, 2013 9:47:24 AM

3. Jason hates women

Posted by: mike | Jun 22, 2013 9:56:51 AM

4. Mike,

Sweetheart, I hate double standards. You need to learn to hate them too.

Posted by: Jason | Jun 22, 2013 10:04:03 AM

5. Thanks Jason, but we will just stick to hating your bigoted a$$.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Jun 22, 2013 11:06:02 AM

6. There is a germ of a good idea/good song in there somewhere, but it's totally ruined by the bland, cookie-cutter production. I'm re-creating it in my head as a classic Blondie cut from the "Eat to the Beat" era and it sounds pretty good like that. Shame.

Posted by: Andy | Jun 22, 2013 11:22:56 AM

7. Jason hates everything.

Posted by: ripper | Jun 22, 2013 11:24:08 AM

8. Ohhhh i love it.

Posted by: Chicklets | Jun 22, 2013 11:50:08 AM

9. Best part was hearing Deborah Harry's wonderful voice!

Posted by: Steve Pardue | Jun 22, 2013 12:29:07 PM

10. Jason is a f*cking troll.

When we feed him by responding to his asinine hateful spew he probably gets turned on.

I also find it really disappointing that Andy will NOT introduce a moderated commenting system. Kind of appalling that TR gets a big award when he allows this sort of disgusting commentary in the name of free speech.

Posted by: QJ201 | Jun 22, 2013 12:39:31 PM

11. I love Beth Ditto. She is like the love child of Dolly Parton and Bikini Kill.

Posted by: Thomas | Jun 22, 2013 5:31:31 PM

12. i sing this to my son and daughter. ”If you’re a boy or if you’re a girl / I love you just the same.” great track, take it how you like, im takin it as a parent singing it to there children:)

Posted by: wes knight | Jun 22, 2013 7:18:04 PM

13. Love it!! Love Debbie+Beth!!!!!!

Posted by: s | Jun 23, 2013 12:26:41 AM

14. I didn't really get the gay "diva worship" gene. I don't care about most of them and actively hate Madonna and Barbra Streisand. Seriously. I'm not quite sure what it is about those two that pisses me off so much, perhaps just that as a gay man it was practically DEMANDED that I like them, but if there was an anti-Barbra/Madonna church I'd join it.

The exception is Debbie Harry. LOVE her. I think it's that her attitude has always been more rock and roll than pretty pretty princess disco queen glamour.

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 23, 2013 7:00:47 AM

15. this is good!

Posted by: Reality | Jun 23, 2013 9:49:20 AM

16. I think Beth Ditto is under appreciated. She rocks and has an amazing voice. Rough and Rock, sweet and tender too when she wants to be. She throws her whole self into her stage presence...unashamed and agressive. She's wonderful.

Debbi Harry is and always will be a special, special artist. She's been breaking barriers her whole life and is still one of the most gorgeous women evah!

The two together is rock magic!

Posted by: Mitch | Jun 23, 2013 10:25:05 PM