Cher | Lady Gaga | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Cher Drops 'Woman's World Lyric Video, Says Lady Gaga Track Won't Appear on Album: VIDEO

Womansworld

Cher has released the lyric video for her new single "Woman's World" which animates a bunch of vintage pin-up images. One woman who won't be in Cher's world this time around is Lady Gaga.

CherThe duet they worked on together won't appear on the new album, Closer to the Truth, she said during a livestream interview following The Voice.

"I did a song with Gaga and I think it's brilliant and I thought her performance was great but she doesn't like it."

Cher spoke about the album with Billboard:

"Woman's World," which Paul Oakenfold produced and co-wrote, was the album's starting point.

"Then Pink gave me a beautiful song," Cher told Billboard. "Then Mark (Taylor), the man who produced the 'Believe' album, came up with four great songs. There was a beautiful country song and a song a friend of mine and I wrote for 'Interview with a Vampire' that got turned down.

"It's very eclectic, you know. The songs are good songs that just happen to be together."

"I did a couple things on this album, ventured into places that I haven't gone and I really enjoyed that," ... "I took some chances on this album and when it turned out to be good, I was pleased."

Watch the "Woman's World" lyric video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Andy's site is rapidly becoming dominated by stereotypes such as "we must all love Auto Tuned female singers".

Posted by: Jason | Jun 20, 2013 11:07:40 AM

2. glad old girl's still with us, 67's heaven.

Posted by: Cd In Dc | Jun 20, 2013 11:13:17 AM

3. I watched it with the sound off. Got kind of repetitive after a while (but that was during the chorus, so it's forgiveable).

It was basically Beyonce's Girls Run the World, with drawings of women in lingerie instead of real women in lingerie. Take of that message, for both videos, what you will.

Since it's vintage style, it would have been nice if someone had come up with pin-ups of non-white women. I know they exist, because I've seen them.

And/Or maybe mixed it up with some boy pin-up images. That would have been fun, too. Even provocative. Next time I'll listen with the sound on, though, to see if that makes a difference.

Posted by: Zeta | Jun 20, 2013 11:24:41 AM

4. I hope the wahmbulance runs you over, Jason.

Posted by: Mikey | Jun 20, 2013 12:13:41 PM

5. Cher can do no wrong.

Posted by: Truthiness | Jun 20, 2013 12:43:37 PM

6. @JASON

This site is rapidly being taken over by TROLLS who do nothing but post bitchy, hateful and unwanted comments.

Don't like Towleroad *sshole? Start your own damn site.

Posted by: QJ201 | Jun 20, 2013 1:12:07 PM

7. nothing tickles me more than how a story about Cher or Lady Gaga brings out the grown adult closet-cases in all their anonymous misery.

It's not Lady Gaga, nor Cher, who are to blame for your own resentful reluctance about being a homosexual.

How well has hating Cher worked for you so far? it's made you considerably less empowered and Out than her fans...soo...yeah.

good luck with this path ;-)

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 20, 2013 1:29:57 PM

8. I think the song is fine for clubs/remixes and the gym. But - it never really needs to be performed live. And what the hell was she wearing on the Voice? Sorry - but it just looked kinda stupid. Don't get me wrong, I like the song - I'll like the album - but she was wearing Bieber's hand me downs. those ridiculous suspenders - those elongated crotch pants - etc...

Posted by: Cliff | Jun 20, 2013 1:56:57 PM

9. I love a bit of Cher; I only recently discovered her Take me Home album - delicious! But this track sounds like everything else on the radio so it's either going to be HUGE or bomb. I am glad though that she is given us something new after the much loved - and better than the Believe album - Living Proof.

Posted by: Andrew | Jun 20, 2013 2:45:16 PM

10. Cher rules. She probably dropped Gaga like a bad habit. You should see Cher's house in Malibu. The location is majestic. Kiwi should get his head out of the "closet case" routine. Must be a big issue up in the sticks.

Posted by: Beebs | Jun 20, 2013 2:54:59 PM

11. The lyric video isn't the final product...

Posted by: tagg | Jun 20, 2013 5:14:58 PM

12. FYI: Andy Towle's new picture on site is not new. Cher is 67. Come on!!

Posted by: Beebs | Jun 20, 2013 5:49:17 PM

13. Most singers use auto-tune to cover their lack of vocal ability. Cher has proved her chops many many many times over. She uses it as an instrument of it's own.

Posted by: DickG | Jun 20, 2013 6:57:55 PM

14. Jon Gray former San Francisco Deputy Sheriff and rapist. He is a danger to all SF gay men. Please take the time to visit: http://jongrayrapist.blogspot.com/.

Posted by: BJ | Jun 24, 2013 4:16:34 AM

15. Cher can do whatever she wants. So can you. Buy her new CD or don't. Love her fashion sense or don't. On Cher's worst day she is better than most entertainers. She is relevant, as well. At any age, Cher never fails to fascinate. She is one Legend we should cling to. Because, above all else, she's fun.

Posted by: Phil O'Malley | Nov 12, 2013 9:06:49 AM