Baseball | New York | News | Sports | weather

Last Night's NYC Thunderstorm Frightened the Toughest of Jocks: VIDEO

Yankees

Watch as a bolt of thunder from last night's storm sends both the Yankees and the Red Sox dugouts cowering into each other's arms at Yankee Stadium.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. i'm from boston- just great.

Posted by: Eddie | Jun 3, 2013 9:46:27 PM

2. Bradley Manning is facing court martial.

Posted by: gwynethcornrow | Jun 3, 2013 9:49:46 PM

3. Why would Andy even claim those are the toughest of jocks ?

Posted by: PE | Jun 3, 2013 9:58:11 PM

4. I think there's any number of football and hockey players who would take exception to "toughest of jocks" being applied to any baseball players, even the vaunted Yankees and Red Sox.

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 3, 2013 9:58:48 PM

5. http://www.towleroad.com/2013/06/trial-begins-for-wikileaks-soldier-bradley-manning-video.html

Posted by: Andy Towle | Jun 3, 2013 10:00:08 PM

6. You animals always gotta find something to make bitter and b*tchy remarks about. You're all the reason the sites not worth reading anymore. Lately I've found myself on JMG 5 times more than here. Incidentally,why wouldn't these guys jump out of their skin,I was driving my Audi through that s**t and saw lightning drive both a moving 18-wheeler and and tree and it made the tree explode. I'm almost certain someone in the local area got struck.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Jun 3, 2013 10:16:17 PM

7. saw lightning *strike* both a moving 18-wheeler and and tree. Not sure where the word "drive" came from in that sentence.

Posted by: Audi-owner | Jun 3, 2013 10:18:05 PM

8. I think you meant "tightest" of jocks.

Posted by: gb | Jun 3, 2013 10:32:29 PM

9. See you can be shamed into reporting a story. Good to know. Manning...

Posted by: gb | Jun 3, 2013 10:35:56 PM

10. He did mention Brett Gardiner (a sleek, fast, handsome, shaved-headed, lean gorgeous lead-off hitter) and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (gorgeous name, tattoos, and a head of hair so beautiful that you root for opposing teams to hit foul balls in catching distance so he whips off his mask).

OK... I sometimes jerk off to ESPN...

Posted by: bravo | Jun 3, 2013 10:54:13 PM

11. It sounded like gunshot or a bomb going off. I would have jumped out of my skin too.

Just as an aside, I think there are too many trivial stories on Towleroad these days.

Posted by: Brent | Jun 3, 2013 11:28:10 PM

12. Sometimes it's quicker to look up the topic on youtube.com than figure out which of the thousand scripts to unblock here so the video clip will work. How many advertisers and hit counters does one blog need??!

Posted by: sparks | Jun 4, 2013 12:30:06 AM

13. There is no such thing as a "bolt" of thunder. Lightning comes in bolts, thunder in peals or crashes.

Posted by: USB | Jun 4, 2013 12:39:15 AM

14. "Thunderbolt" is a word.

Posted by: Rexford | Jun 4, 2013 1:03:37 AM

15. Shamed @gb? it was two pages ago. @gwynethcornrow was nine and a half hours late on the story. Try to keep up folks.

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 4, 2013 1:12:55 AM

16. Shamed @gb? it was two pages ago. @gwynethcornrow was nine and a half hours late on the story. Try to keep up folks.

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 4, 2013 1:13:01 AM

17. Shamed @gb? it was two pages ago. @gwynethcornrow was nine and a half hours late on the story. Try to keep up folks.

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 4, 2013 1:13:12 AM

18. Oh, dear. I do apologize.

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 4, 2013 1:17:55 AM

19. Yes. Toughest of the jocks.

Posted by: Andy Towlette | Jun 4, 2013 2:54:36 AM

20. Considering that lightning more often strikes men than women, I don't blame them for trying to take cover. I also remember a comedian joking about how women will usually go inside during a storm while men continue to test their luck playing golf. No wonder more men get struck.

Posted by: terry | Jun 4, 2013 5:01:14 AM

21. Supposedly "big, tough, straight" men are such babies!! It's infuriating and charming at the same time. All that bravado! All that fear. Awww.

Posted by: Geoff | Jun 4, 2013 7:36:42 AM

22. If you've ever experienced a lightning strike that hits very close to where you are, believe me, you will jump.

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 4, 2013 7:59:14 AM

23. Andy Towlette? I just spit my coffee all over the keyboard.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jun 4, 2013 8:20:49 AM

24. hey audi owner --- relax mary...........

Posted by: steve | Jun 4, 2013 8:48:03 AM

25. although i'm not sure if this is why this post was titled this way, wasn't it MLB that was considred to be the most anti-gay of the american male teamsports?

Posted by: luke | Jun 4, 2013 10:48:58 AM