Comments

1. Jonathan says

I think there’s any number of football and hockey players who would take exception to “toughest of jocks” being applied to any baseball players, even the vaunted Yankees and Red Sox.

2. Audi-owner says

You animals always gotta find something to make bitter and b*tchy remarks about. You’re all the reason the sites not worth reading anymore. Lately I’ve found myself on JMG 5 times more than here. Incidentally,why wouldn’t these guys jump out of their skin,I was driving my Audi through that s**t and saw lightning drive both a moving 18-wheeler and and tree and it made the tree explode. I’m almost certain someone in the local area got struck.

3. Audi-owner says

saw lightning *strike* both a moving 18-wheeler and and tree. Not sure where the word “drive” came from in that sentence.

4. bravo says

He did mention Brett Gardiner (a sleek, fast, handsome, shaved-headed, lean gorgeous lead-off hitter) and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (gorgeous name, tattoos, and a head of hair so beautiful that you root for opposing teams to hit foul balls in catching distance so he whips off his mask).

OK… I sometimes jerk off to ESPN…

5. Brent says

It sounded like gunshot or a bomb going off. I would have jumped out of my skin too.

Just as an aside, I think there are too many trivial stories on Towleroad these days.

6. says

Sometimes it’s quicker to look up the topic on youtube.com than figure out which of the thousand scripts to unblock here so the video clip will work. How many advertisers and hit counters does one blog need??!

7. USB says

There is no such thing as a “bolt” of thunder. Lightning comes in bolts, thunder in peals or crashes.

8. Jonathan says

Shamed @gb? it was two pages ago. @gwynethcornrow was nine and a half hours late on the story. Try to keep up folks.

9. Jonathan says

10. Jonathan says

11. terry says

Considering that lightning more often strikes men than women, I don’t blame them for trying to take cover. I also remember a comedian joking about how women will usually go inside during a storm while men continue to test their luck playing golf. No wonder more men get struck.

12. Geoff says

Supposedly “big, tough, straight” men are such babies!! It’s infuriating and charming at the same time. All that bravado! All that fear. Awww.

13. Jack M says

If you’ve ever experienced a lightning strike that hits very close to where you are, believe me, you will jump.

14. luke says

although i’m not sure if this is why this post was titled this way, wasn’t it MLB that was considred to be the most anti-gay of the american male teamsports?

15. calpoidog says

I heard another version of this that they had received a slight electric shock which is what caused them to be startled.

16. jaragon says

LOL this is just mother nature telling them to better accept their gay team mates or else!

17. Ruddigore says

“When a clumsy cloud from here meets a fluffy little cloud from there, he billows towards her. She scurries away, and he scuds right up to her. She cries a little, and there you have your shower. He comforts her. They spark. That’s the lightning. They kiss. Thunder!” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6FLfHTC68