News | Ryan Gosling

Man Spends $5,000 to Look Like Ryan Gosling: VIDEO

Botox_gosling

Nicholas Ryan, an L.A.-based actor, spent $5,000 on cosmetic procedures to look more like Ryan Gosling, reports UK tabloid The Daily Mail:

And it seems Nicholas is not the only one who aspires to that look. The surgeon says male patients often bring photographs of Ryan Gosling into his surgery.

'Ryan Gosling is the must-have face in America,' he says. 'He is considered to be the sexiest man in Hollywood, and it's not just his charming smile and blue eyes.

'Gosling's face is what I call an "architectural masterpiece" in terms of bone structure, including a squared-off appearance between the cheekbones and jaw bone.'

Just another day in Hollywood, AFTER THE JUMP...

Money well spent?

(via the HuffPost)

Comments

1. Fail.

Posted by: Jerry | Jun 16, 2013 10:51:16 AM

2. Will anyone learn that lesson from Michael Jackson?

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | Jun 16, 2013 10:52:14 AM

3. That 5,000 would have been better spent in therapy to determine why you think anything less than a "magic wand" could make this queen look anything remotely like Ryan Gosling.

Posted by: Yawn | Jun 16, 2013 10:52:59 AM

4. Well, it didn't help him much. He needs his ears pinned and his nose pinched. You should get your money back.

Posted by: Trey | Jun 16, 2013 10:55:38 AM

5. Do you want to look 50 times more masculine = hotter?

Take that stupid ass, diamond earring out of your ear.

Played out..

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Jun 16, 2013 10:59:02 AM

6. Ryan Gosling had cosmetic surgery on his nose and chin..so it makes sense..

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jun 16, 2013 11:04:21 AM

7. Anything to avoid a gym for a "more masculine" look....hit the gym already!!

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jun 16, 2013 11:05:17 AM

8. And $5,000 later he looks nothing like him. Maybe spending $5 on a box of hair dye would have been a better place to start. But without that pointy nose he will never resemble him. (I can't view the video: was he trying to look "like" ryan gosling (i.e. like a celebrity impersonator), or just look "more like" him, to have some of his appealing facial attributes?)

Posted by: Macguffin54 | Jun 16, 2013 11:07:59 AM

9. $5000 doesn't buy much plastic surgery.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 16, 2013 11:08:13 AM

10. I know a guy on North Carolina who did the same thing thirty years ago, trying to look like John Travolta. It looked pretty good for a number of years, but boy, did it age badly after that.

Posted by: candideinnc | Jun 16, 2013 11:24:44 AM

11. well he needs to dye his hair and eyebrows blonde, he needs a tan, and he needs a pointier nose. But with all that, yes, he would indeed look very much look like Gosling. And if you can't see that, you're either stupid or lying. (The earring is fine. It works for him. Earrings are not necessarily unmasculine, nor is more-masculine necessarily more-attractive.)
    Also, the dude is hot in his own way. Unlike Gosling's too-perfect carved-wood appearance, this guy's minor flaws make him more human and more relatable. Which I imagine is exactly why some of you inhumane socially inept douchebuckets feel the need to attack him.

Posted by: screaming queen | Jun 16, 2013 11:33:39 AM

12. If he wants to look like Ryan Gosling, he also needs to have his eyes moved too closely together as well...

Posted by: Kieran | Jun 16, 2013 11:38:34 AM

13. And he doesn't!

Posted by: Randy | Jun 16, 2013 11:46:35 AM

14. The stupidity... it BURNS !!

Posted by: Tre | Jun 16, 2013 11:57:02 AM

15. Why would you publicize this? This guy has some, uh, issues. I've had plastic surgery and it's not fun (before I get critiques, one was because of a car accident and one because of vanity). Recovery is unpleasant.

The thing I don't understand is why so many rich people, like Bruce Jenner, get such bad work. I went to a great doctor and I'm not a millionaire. Also, $5K on cosmetic procedures in LA isn't going to get you the best results. Anything substantive is going to cost at least that much, and if you want good work, a fair bit more.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 16, 2013 12:01:08 PM

16. I assume that the 5000 was a down payment. When does the work begin?

Posted by: jeff | Jun 16, 2013 12:01:36 PM

17. Will he be able to get his $5,000 back? Because I'd say the surgery was not successful.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 16, 2013 12:20:37 PM

18. Gay men are the cruelest. Homophobes are kinder than you guys. When I came out I thought I would finally be accepted and belong somewhere, only to realize that the bitchy nasty queens I was rushing to for love and acceptance were waiting to eviscerate me and shred me to pieces. It's not the most pleasant world, I guess.

Posted by: David | Jun 16, 2013 12:29:51 PM

19. ... and fails miserably.

Posted by: Steve P | Jun 16, 2013 12:31:53 PM

20. The video seems to have been removed but the still pic of him in the mirror, while it doesn't look much like Ryan Gosling, looks pretty good. He should be happy with the results. Why would you want to look exactly like someone else, especially if you're both actors?

Posted by: Jersey | Jun 16, 2013 12:32:18 PM

21. i don't see it ;o

so long as he doesn't pull a detox he should be fine.

Posted by: luke | Jun 16, 2013 12:56:59 PM

22. @Paul R: You wonder why so many rich people get bad plastic surgery? I'm not a plastic surgeon, but my guess is that it is the same reason so many rich people get bad heart surgery, bad orthopedic surgery and bad bunion surgery: a doctor can only do so much, and, perhaps more importantly, the body heals in unpredictable ways.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 16, 2013 1:01:09 PM

23. Oh...and...this isn't the first time I've seen someone get surgery to look like a popular actor thinking that will help them break into acting. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 16, 2013 1:03:43 PM

24. lmao they literally don't share one similar facial feature

at least his surgery looks good even if he looks nothing like ryan gosling

Posted by: JMC | Jun 16, 2013 1:03:59 PM

25. And another thing: checking out his Facebook page reveals that A) he's straight B) he supports marriage equality and C) he frequents really cheesy Los Angeles clubs. Go easy on the guy.

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 16, 2013 1:07:06 PM