Immigration | Marco Rubio | News

Marco Rubio: If Immigration Bill Includes Gay Couples 'I'm Done'

Rubio

Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) said he's finished with the immigration bill if it includes gay couples, The Ticket reports:

"If this bill has something in it that gives gay couples immigration rights and so forth, it kills the bill. I'm done," Rubio said Thursday during an interview on the Andrea Tantaros Show. "I'm off it, and I've said that repeatedly. I don't think that's going to happen and it shouldn't happen. This is already a difficult enough issue as it is."

Comments

1. The key to understanding my position is reality. The Democrat party is the biggest and most powerful party in America. That is why anarchists and libertarians are targetting it for destruction. Supporting Democrats is supporting terrorism and bigotry, Dems are the enemy of America. We will destroy the Democrat party. We are the future, Dems are the past.

Posted by: Kev C | Jun 13, 2013 9:10:14 PM

2. There was a statement by Michelle Bachman mentioned today on the HuffPost to the effect that if amnesty of any sort is passed into law then you can call it the death of the Republican Party because "whites" will become less than 50% of the voting population. As a man of Irish and Italian immigrant grandparents, I say that I can hardly wait for that day to come! Perhaps with a more worldwide representation of people in our populace, the USA won’t wage war without limit on the rest of the world.

Posted by: Tom Cardellino | Jun 13, 2013 11:17:59 PM

3. Very strange that you guys aren't making racist statements about Cubans the way you do when it's black people. Oh the irony of you si$$ies!

Yeah If gays are included I'm done!

Posted by: Marco Rubio | Jun 14, 2013 1:14:59 AM

4. @ the poster Marco Rubio,
    You mean the racist comments that you put on here yourself under a different name.

Thanks for the morning laugh.

Posted by: 1♥ | Jun 14, 2013 8:25:57 AM

5. Man, I hope it does because this guy has got to go.

Posted by: Martin Haro | Jun 14, 2013 9:26:21 AM

6. Kev C, besides the fact that you are a miserable little troll (your remark "Democrat Party" gives you away, doll) let's get the facts straight: Rubio's grandfather was able to claim "refugee status" and stay in the States because then, as now, there exists an outdated Cold War policy that any Cuban national who steps on U.S. soil is automatically granted refugee status. That policy was borne out of Republican fear-mongering about Castro and "communism". The REAL culprits regarding our broken immigration system are the Republicans, starting with the amnesty-meister himself, Ronald Reagan.

Why don't you take your ignorant, whiny-con, troll-bait @$$ somewhere else.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 14, 2013 11:40:36 AM