No Prop 8 or DOMA Rulings Today from Supreme Court

Scotus

The Supreme Court likely will not issue opinions today on either the Proposition 8 or DOMA cases, SCOTUSblog reports. The Court will announce at least one more day this week to announce opinions.

UPDATE: The announcements will be coming tomorrow at 10 am, which is the last day opinions will be issued.

Comments

1. Tomorrow, 10am

Posted by: Elwoodl | Jun 25, 2013 10:30:49 AM

2. The Chief Justice announced that tomorrow 10 AM will be the last day for opinions and the remainder will be released.

Posted by: MikeBoston | Jun 25, 2013 10:35:19 AM

3. Tomorrow it is. History.
    I have been waiting for this for years. My champagne is in the fridge. C'mon Supremes, let's do this!

Posted by: Carmen | Jun 25, 2013 10:40:30 AM

4. You just know they're going to throw those rulings out the window of a car that's speeding to the airport.

Posted by: Josh | Jun 25, 2013 10:42:26 AM

5. Yes, Josh, and get very indignant at all the negative feedback they will be getting as a result. The Supremes will not want to get their hands dirty over this issue. I predict as neutral a ruling as possible.

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 25, 2013 10:53:04 AM

6. Tomorrow is a momentous day: the anniversary of Lawrence v. Texas (6/26/03).

Posted by: Jerry | Jun 25, 2013 10:56:27 AM

7. My partner and I are anxiously awaiting the decisions so we can be one of many american's who want their voice heard. If the supreme court has seen the number of those in the LGBT community who are in favor of this I do not see why they would not legalize gay marriage.
    In a poll I found during a google search 92% are anxiously waiting. Come on Supreme Court make the right choice.

Posted by: Brent S | Jun 25, 2013 12:20:48 PM

8. I predicted this weeks ago... the reason it is tomorrow will be it is the 10th anniversary of Lawrence. Coincidence? I think not... and it's going to be a big decision.

Posted by: Gerry | Jun 25, 2013 12:26:57 PM

9. I wouldn't be surprised if that @$$hat Scalia is stalling for time so he can call in favors and bribe/blackmail the other Justices into swinging the ruling the way he wants it.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jun 25, 2013 1:09:33 PM

10. They did have to just drag their feet on this most important issue, and rule on the last day possible.

This has been a loooooongg wait I'l say.

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 25, 2013 2:58:43 PM