Comments

1. jay says

President Obama lost me over this scandal. Spaying on American people didn’t stop the marathon bombings.

I don’t know about you but my privacy is important to me.

2. Mike says

Two points: 1) The fact is that some of the people hearing him say that ARE having their conversations recorded and studied. 2) *Everything* he says about this could be a lie. Other officals have lied about these programs for years, under oath, and he’s no different. Our laws are so screwed up now that it could actually be against the law for him to tell the truth.

3. MIke says

We all know what you would be saying had it been under Bush you dumbazz.

Because there are taped speeches of you saying it.

And we won’t hold our breaths for a “mea culpa, this protecting the public from terrorists is hard!”

4. from Mexico says

Obama wants invisible government so he can conduct his administrative masacres (e.g., drone attacks) and other official misdeeds behind a shroud of secrecy.

That’s what the persecution of Bradley Manning is all about.

Bradley Mannning and Glenn Greenwald, who exposed the NSA surveilance programs, are without a doubt the biggest gay heroes on the scene right now.

5. Chadd says

I’ll complain about government invasion of my privacy after I finish checking in on Foursquare, tagging who I’m with on Facebook, Tweet about where I’m going and post a picture of it on Instagram.

6. Queer Supremacist says

B-b-b-but it’s racist to criticize our allies!

Seriously, there are other civil liberties besides the unalienable right of same-sex couples to obtain a marriage license.

If the anti-authoritarian right and the anti-authoritarian left can find common ground on this issue, then maybe there is hope for this nation after all.

7. anon says

The issue with FB, I guess, is the high potential for guilt by association. Apparently they are using a “2-hop” test. If you are in someone’s group and that someone is in a suspected terrorist’s group (even if you are not), they you will be tagged for extra surveillance. Of course, as the list of suspects grows, the number of people signaled for extra scrutiny will become considerable. With Google, about the best they can do aside from the e-mails would be correlate IP addresses with search queries, but that’s exactly what didn’t happen with the Boston bombers, so the criteria must be a bit stricter than that.