Larry Craig | Mike Rogers | News | Republican Party

Prominent Blogger Says At Least 3 Anti-Gay Members Of Congress Are Gay; One Will Be Outed Soon

IMG_0512Mike Rogers, a blogger who gained fame in the mid 2000s by "outing" prominent anti-gay politicians, says he currently knows of three anti-gay members of the U.S. House of Representatives who are themselves gay. U.S. News reports:

Rogers refused to say when he might disclose information on these members or what might provoke such a revelation, maintaining that as a journalist he holds some cards close to the vest.

But Rogers said he's about to get his hands on concrete evidence that one anti-gay member of Congress engages in gay sex. "Oh, it's going to happen because it has been happening for a long time," he said.

The blogger's most high-profile triumphs include the 2004 revelation that then Rep. Ed Schrock (R-VA) was leaving voicemails on a gay hook-up service, prompting the two-term congressman to retire. In October 2006 he wrote that three men informed him they had sex with then Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID) in bathrooms at Union Station. Before making his allegations against Craig public, two of his three sources signed affidavits saying they would come forward if Rogers was taken to court.

If his previous track record is any indication, these new revelations are sure to make waves once the cat is out of the bag. Let the speculation commence.

Comments

1. oh please let it be boehner or cantor, or rubio

Posted by: lukefromcanada | Jun 21, 2013 4:49:23 PM

2. Lindey Graham

Posted by: John | Jun 21, 2013 4:50:47 PM

3. only 3? girl, please.

Posted by: Zeta | Jun 21, 2013 4:52:43 PM

4. All right, David Hagatha Hearne, the masquerade is over. The end is near, bytch.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 21, 2013 4:56:36 PM

5. Wouldn't it be lovely if it was indeed Eric Cantor.???? WOW.

Posted by: Tom | Jun 21, 2013 4:56:55 PM

6. Like the clergy the US Senate & House have been ideal hiding places ...right in front of everyone, leading a double life. Guys the gig is up....FINALLY we're going to begin to swing the closet doors open.

Posted by: Jason | Jun 21, 2013 4:57:45 PM

7. its not cantor or rubio...or boehner...come on people

Posted by: um ladies | Jun 21, 2013 5:00:12 PM

8. Aaron Shock is probably one of them.

Posted by: Droc | Jun 21, 2013 5:07:49 PM

9. It begins and ends with Aaron Schrock.

Posted by: Dave in NYC | Jun 21, 2013 5:07:52 PM

10. If you think this is happening, you haven't been paying attention. Mike Rogers has been touting this 3 congressmen crap for years. It's been covered on this very site. He has no evidence... he even says so in the article. It's just strangers who email him and say they've had sex with congressmen.

Don't hold your breath.

Posted by: ripper | Jun 21, 2013 5:11:27 PM

11. The article says House. Otherwise I'd bet it all on my two Senators- Graham and Scott. Both 'confirmed' bachelors and defenders of family values.

In the house I'll put a fiver on Republican Illionois cover boys Aaron Schock and Adam Kinzinger. And probably atleast one member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Posted by: robroy | Jun 21, 2013 5:11:41 PM

12. Ordinarily I don't condone outing, but when it involves politicians who actively work against our cause, I support it.

Posted by: Kevin | Jun 21, 2013 5:13:11 PM

13. I thought Larry Craig was outed by getting caught toe-tapping... although I do understand Rogers deserves credit for outing Schrock.
    But I TOTALLY hope one of them is Aaron Shock. I always thought Shock was gay (and good looking). Too bad he's such a homophobe, though :(

Posted by: Lucas H | Jun 21, 2013 5:15:24 PM

14. Aaron (ab-tastic) Shock, Lindsey (sassy) Graham and John (I cry during sex) Boehner

Posted by: RONTEX | Jun 21, 2013 5:16:30 PM

15. I have no problem with outing anti-gay hypocrites, none whatsoever.

Posted by: Brad | Jun 21, 2013 5:17:02 PM

16. @ robroy:

who's the anti-Gay member of the Congressional Black Caucus? I know that Allen West was, but he's gone.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 21, 2013 5:20:16 PM

17. There is nothing worse than a self-loathing gay. Out all of them. OUT EVERYONE!

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Jun 21, 2013 5:21:40 PM

18. Please, God, let one of them be Bachmann. :) Or Cantor, or, oh, yes, Ryan.

Posted by: Hamish | Jun 21, 2013 5:26:09 PM

19. Your headline says "One will be outed soon." But the story says "Rogers refused to say when he might disclose".

Which one is it?

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jun 21, 2013 5:36:04 PM

20. I am 100% okay with this. If you want to be in the closet, for whatever reason, more power to you. When you try to take away my rights while you live a lie, then we have a problem. Out them all.

Posted by: Derrick | Jun 21, 2013 5:39:48 PM

21. John Barasso is the No. 4 member of the Republican Senate leadership (Chairman, Senate Republican Policy Committee). His sexual orientation is Wyoming's most open secret.

Posted by: John | Jun 21, 2013 5:41:45 PM

22. Rick Scott has MAJOR gayface situation. I know he's apart of the Senate, but that is no straight man, IMO. He pings big time for me.

Anyway, I find it sad that we're still at a stage where being gay is this "Oooh" thing that's controversial and sordid. But of course, closeted homophobes are part of the reason that's the case, so I have no issue if they are outed.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Jun 21, 2013 5:41:56 PM

23. Adam Kinzinger is a good guess. He's 35, very handsome, and single. Per his website: "his father Rus is a former CEO of two faith-based organizations." So that would explain being closeted and anti-gay.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jun 21, 2013 5:42:38 PM

24. who cares. none of our business

Posted by: Paul | Jun 21, 2013 5:45:30 PM

25. Too bad it's only the current House or Senate because Sen. Richard Lugar (R-IN) might have made the cut.

He cruised the men's rooms at the Library of Congress at least a couple times in the mid-to-late 80s.

He was there once getting a beej on his rather large uncut member (which I know because it was given by your humble narrator), and another time waving that thang around for all to see - and hoping for another beej, I guess.

I'd already done my mercy suck for the elderly that year, so no suck from me.... :)

He did let a hot black guy do him, so I assume he, and maybe both of them, left happy.

Posted by: BeenThere | Jun 21, 2013 5:48:55 PM