2012 Election | Hurricane Sandy | Mitt Romney | News

BigGayDeal.com

Mitt Romney: Hurricane Sandy Was Really Unfair to Me — VIDEO

Romney

Mitt Romney surfaced again this week in an interview with Gloria Borger in which he spoke about his failed campaign and the incidents along the way, such as the 47% video, and Hurricane Sandy...

"And there were other things that didn’t help my campaign, either. Obviously a hurricane with a week to go before the election stalled our campaign."

Romney doesn't blame Christie, however.

"No, no, no… No. No, no...I — I wish the hurricane hadn’t have happened…when it did, because it gave the President a chance to be presidential, and to be out showing sympathy for folks. That’s one of the advantages of incumbency. But, you know, you don’t look back and worry about each little thing, and how could that have been different. You look forward."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Maybe it sounds mean
    But I really don't think so
    You asked for the truth and I told you
    Through their own words
    They will be exposed
    They've got a severe case of
    The emperor's new clothes."

Obama was shrewd enough to know that a disaster of that proportion required Federal funds. Mitt, meanwhile, acted like the church in Grover's Corners had caught fire, starting a canned food drive.

The Republican response to mass disaster: turn to local charities and your neighbors for aid. Little people, take care of yourselves.

Never one did he ask any of his billionaire PAC sugar daddies -- who blew untold billions on his campaign -- to simply cut checks for disaster aid instead.

Truly, the private sector is the answer, and Mitt's campaign convinced me of that.

Posted by: Gry | Jun 8, 2013 1:18:15 PM

2. Ha ha,I had forgotten the canned goods food drive, wasn't THAT something? It was definitely over for Mittsy-Boo-Hoo at that moment, and it was so obvious that his Republican entourage couldn't even bother to get any facts about the storm and its magnitude before letting him make such a fool of himself. Although that doesn't explain all the other times he made a fool of himself, thank God the American people (well, enough of them) voted with intelligence.
    I was just yesterday re-running the Carl Rove meltdown during the Ohio vote returns. When is someone (Oliver Stone, are you listening?) going to do the movie about Romney's campaign? It still makes me want to pee in my pants, and I'm discrete.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Jun 8, 2013 1:47:50 PM

3. Sure looks like Romney has had plastic surgery recently...and yeah, still selling door-to-door.

Posted by: Peter Haan | Jun 8, 2013 1:51:59 PM

4. Who cares what he thinks about fairness? Like he has treated all of his employees fairly.

Posted by: thepolarbeast | Jun 8, 2013 1:58:55 PM

5. I think it's time for legal authorities to step in and get that poor horse away from these sociopaths.

Posted by: BobN | Jun 8, 2013 2:10:13 PM

6. The fact that he said, I wish the hurricane wouldn't have happened "when it did" speaks volumes. He doesn't care much that the hurricane happened, only that it gave the President the chance to appear "presidential". And that, my friends, is why it's vital that a cold hearted Rethug never gets in the Oval Office again.

Posted by: Graphicjack | Jun 8, 2013 3:27:48 PM

7. Could've, would've, should've, oh my! The man's a loser in more ways than one.

Posted by: Jpseph | Jun 8, 2013 3:29:08 PM

8. "I wish the hurricane hadn’t have happened ..."

Mitt-poo, now you know how we feel about you.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jun 8, 2013 3:40:53 PM

9. I really wish he'd just crawl back underneath his rock.

Posted by: Davelandia | Jun 8, 2013 3:42:43 PM

10. He regrets Hurricane Sandy hadn't happened "when it did" because of how it effected HIM?! Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Sociopaths!

And the only thing that prevented him from getting out there and acting "Presidential," offering effective leadership, was his own small-mindedness and even smaller heart.

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 8, 2013 3:52:52 PM

11. Romney blaming Hurricane Sandy and placing his loss of the Presidency over the death and suffering of others?

This is my shocked face: 8^|

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jun 8, 2013 4:28:47 PM

12. That's a spin job that plays well at the country club. And you just have to go out and socialize and show off the new face, otherwise all that effort was for naught.

How working Americans could even consider electing a president who only paid some taxes because it became politically embarrassing to admit that he usually pays none!

Was this part of a documentary: When Elephants Weep?

Posted by: desmond | Jun 8, 2013 4:37:12 PM

13. because he lost by such a narrow margin...go away!

Posted by: kenneth | Jun 8, 2013 4:39:43 PM

14. I wish I had his makeup crew. A little thick, but effective.

Posted by: Abel | Jun 8, 2013 5:23:46 PM

15. thank god he wasn't president during Hurrican Sandy...it would have been a repeat of Bush and Katrina.....anyway, I digress.......this idiot Romney was solely responsible for his loss, not any hurricane or anything else....he is deeply out of touch with himself and the voters...

Posted by: Bernie | Jun 8, 2013 5:59:45 PM

16. What a heartless, stupid tool Mittens is.

Posted by: Red | Jun 8, 2013 6:54:26 PM

17. And it's disgusting that CNN thinks he's still a worthy interview subject. What are they kissing that losers ass for? This is why CNN dies in the ratings.

Posted by: Red | Jun 8, 2013 6:56:10 PM

18. plastic surgery.

Posted by: todd | Jun 8, 2013 7:58:05 PM

19. Hey Mitt: I wish the hurricane hadn't hit when it did either, my father might still be alive today. F%^ktard.

Posted by: Seth | Jun 8, 2013 8:07:44 PM

20. How much money do you have? Why not go away and spend your greenbacks.

Posted by: greenfuzz | Jun 8, 2013 8:59:20 PM

21. the only big wind that did his campaign was him and his big mouth.

Posted by: walter | Jun 8, 2013 8:59:43 PM

22. And once again we see the real problem with Mittens- he has absolutely no ability to empathize or relate to other humans. Its really quite bizarre. I really think that in his mind life is an endless set of management/business exercises from grad school. And whoever can pivot, slide and be most variable wins. He probably doesn't even consider lying lying. Its just what he does to achieve his goal which in his mind is completely necessary since he is obviously the most deserving person on planet Earth...

Posted by: robroy | Jun 8, 2013 9:44:46 PM

23. Romney shows again that he doesn't give a shít about anyone other than his own success.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Jun 8, 2013 10:41:42 PM

24. You lost because you are an insentive, mysogynistic, parasitic, evil and just plain horrible person!! You were a horrible governor, and as a Presidential Candidate you offered no hope, no change and certainly nothing of substance!!! Please PLEASE go away!! and Towleroad please NO MORE ROMNEY STORIES!!!

Posted by: aj | Jun 8, 2013 11:24:10 PM

25. "And there were other things that didn’t help my campaign, either".... Like me opening my mouth and speaking.....lol

Posted by: uflyguy | Jun 8, 2013 11:34:04 PM