Comments

1. Jason says

I think Snooki sounds fake. I’m not buying her supposedly enlightened attitude.

Do we really need Italy’s version of Paris Hilton stanning for our causes, albeit on a part-time basis? Importantly, I want to know if she was paid to turn up.

2. JD says

Saying you want your child to be gay is no different than saying you want her to be straight…an enlightened parent would hope for a healthy, happy child regardless of sexual orientation. Snooki needs to go climb back under the rock she crawled out from under.

3. Rowan says

She isn’t enlightened, she is genuine. Like a lot of straight mothers, she doesn’t want her son to bring a woman home so she will compete for the no 1 spot in his life. Typical and nothing new.

4. Will says

Can she just go away? Why would this organization even think of having her speak at one of their events? Why would ANYONE care what this piece of trash has to say?

5. Chadd says

I’m glad Snooki is speaking out in support of the Trevor Project and other gay causes. Even if she is not sincere in her heart (as some suggest) she still has a following and they will listen to her. As far as her wishing for a gay son, I can’t help but think she might consider it to be a fashionable accessory, much like a toy dog kept in her purse.

6. Macguffin54 says

I think she meant well, she just doesn’t know how to speak properly. If she isn’t homophobic, and she certainly isn’t heterophobic, then it shouldn’t make any difference to her what her child’s orientation is. It wouldn’t affect her either way. She just wants attention

7. MM says

If there is at least one young gay kid that gets to hear someone say that they want to have a gay child versus all the people that they hear every day saying how gay is a sin, then sounds to me that she has done a lot more good today than we all have by posting snarky comments on a blog.

8. Moz's says

gay, straight, or bi

I predict her child/ children will need tons of therapy later in life

Some people should not be reproducing let alone have access to shaping the mind (environment) of a fellow human being

9. Jake says

She can make him a drag queen if she raises him right. JD sounds like Mr. Goody Two Shoes. I hope he never has access to any children. He’s not having them, that’s for sure.