Big Brother | News | Reality TV

Big Brother's Aaryn Gries Thinks 'It's a Joke' That People Say She's Racist: VIDEO

A_gries

Aaryn Gries, the 22-year-old college student at the epicenter over the controversy over the racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, and sexist comments emerging from the show's live feeds, says she doesn't care and thinks it's obnoxious that people are accusing her of racism in a segment aired on the broadcast version last night.

Says Gries when warned that other housemates think her comments are wrong:

"That's the most obnoxious, annoying thing I've ever heard...I'm not even gonna acknowledge it, because it's the biggest joke. I really just think that it's the most immature thing ever. They call me Barbie and all sorts of ---- about me being blonde all the time, so what's the difference? I wish that I cared more about this, but I don't..."

For a sample of the comments, click HERE.

Since the segment aired, another fight erupted in the house after Aaryn mocked the black housemates in a voice TMZ describes as "a callback to a white slavemaster talking to slave on a plantation."

Watch both clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

And here's the new segment from the feeds (starts at 2:00):

Comments

1. why is the horrific homophobia on the show glossed over?

Posted by: LOOKLike | Jul 12, 2013 12:07:49 PM

2. @Lookslike
    I agree, there's blatant homophobia by two houseguests in particular that needs to be addressed as well. Glad former gay big brother houseguest ragan has mentioned it!

Posted by: Matt | Jul 12, 2013 12:09:05 PM

3. who cares? moving on

Posted by: Veejo | Jul 12, 2013 12:09:23 PM

4. Stupid as well as racist, then. What a little bundle of toxic ignorance. Her life is going to be her own punishment.

Posted by: sundayboy | Jul 12, 2013 12:11:06 PM

5. Mikey,
    You inspired me to search this Zeta poster on this site under the search icon and I'd certainly say that's a Grade A troll. Not a single pro gay comment they've made yet they say their ignorant remarks in subtle manners to not appear to blatantly anti gay. You look at Zeta's writing collectively and she's an intense homophobe.

Posted by: C.C. | Jul 12, 2013 12:11:42 PM

6. The BEST satisfaction we can all take away from this is that this horrible racist will NOT HAVE A JOB when she gets back to 'real life'! Also, its fun to see her dig her grave even deeper since she has NO IDEA she's been dropped by her modeling agency! HAHAHA! I may watch this dreadful show the episode she comes out of the house just to see her rotten face drop once she hears the news!!

Posted by: Princely | Jul 12, 2013 12:29:58 PM

7. Why do people watch these shows to begin with?

Posted by: kdknyc | Jul 12, 2013 12:31:32 PM

8. She is vile and when she wakes up shes going to be in for a blonde shock LOL cant wait

Posted by: hotbeef801 | Jul 12, 2013 12:31:33 PM

9. I think they should have to have leaving the bb house. It is annoying that they get higher rating With People who are racist, homophobic comment. Shae on CBS too!

Posted by: nn | Jul 12, 2013 12:47:57 PM

10. I've always been a Big Brother fan. I think it's wonderful that they have these racist, homophobic asses in the house this year and that it's becoming a major issue in the house, because their ignorance and mean-spiritedness will be put under a microscope and they are going to come out of it as total pariahs. If for nothing else, watching just to see when Aaryn finally gets kicked out of the house and has to face Asian Julie Chen for the interview, will be the most priceless moment of any season so far. Give her hell Julie! Hopefully she'll also let her in on the news that she's been dropped from her modeling agency live on camera and that she'd be best to just go crawl into a cave and die.

Posted by: Gary A/House Music Pusher | Jul 12, 2013 12:49:29 PM

11. I honestly don't like how she's being scapegoat as the only one making bigoted comments. Nearly half of them have said AWFUL things about gays, jews, Asians, yet this is the only girl called out. Pathetic.

Posted by: SwitchLight | Jul 12, 2013 1:03:08 PM

12. She's not the only ignorant one in the house though. I'd argue some made even worse comments than she did.

Posted by: Fiat | Jul 12, 2013 1:03:41 PM

13. Congratulations BB producers: I think you got what you're looking for $$$$$$$$$

This show is obviously deliberately trolling. They make $ off of the 'edgy' drama, and can still claim they opened a 'dialog' on racism and homophobia.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 12, 2013 1:05:04 PM

14. And why do so many women, young and old, dye their God d*mn hair blond? Why? When I see a women when dyed blond hair, big sunglasses, big shopping bags, and a dark tan, I automatically assume she's a b*tch. Just from personal life experiences.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 12, 2013 1:07:30 PM

15. The stereotypes are hysterically lame. The 'racist' b*tch has bond hair and blue eyes. The 'homophobic' b*tches are correspondingly racist. C'mon, people. Central casting at work.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 12, 2013 1:09:33 PM

16. BBUK is a real show, you can tell because it doesnt make you sick afterwards. WHY DO WE HAVE A DIFFERENT US VERSION? The UK one is the only one that works.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jul 12, 2013 1:12:56 PM

17. I don't know how big Big Brothers are, but the stupidity of that sister is definitely huge.

Posted by: Roman Bolliger | Jul 12, 2013 1:21:59 PM

18. "...obnoxious, annoying, immature"...

Project much?

Posted by: johnny | Jul 12, 2013 1:24:49 PM

19. I agree with others that it's odd she's being made the poster child of ignorance this season, when some 8 houseguests have made ugly comments about many different segments of the population. Big Brother, you're not about exposing them too? why not?

Posted by: ceejay | Jul 12, 2013 1:51:13 PM

20. Just disgusting! I've always watched the show and it's never been this bad. IDK why they tolerate. They should be asked to leave just like violence.

Posted by: Drew-Shane | Jul 12, 2013 2:10:12 PM

21. @ceejay and others... from what I understand, they're not "exposing" the others because their bigotry has not been an issue in the house. Aaryn has upset the most people in the house and the houseguests are making it an issue internally - therefore it's become part of the "story".

That's the stated reason it's being shown on the broadcast shows. Not that i necessarily agree, but that's CBS's official stance.

Posted by: Waynesf | Jul 12, 2013 3:19:25 PM

22. What's with GinaMarie getting all up in her face and saying "you gonna get in my face? Get in my face! Get in my face!"

Posted by: topdawg | Jul 12, 2013 5:12:18 PM

23. Glad to see that BB USA has caught up to BB UK, which featured three contestants (well, "celebrities" in this case, as it was a Celebrity edition) spending a good portion of their time on the show mercilessly mocking the Bollywood actress they were playing against!

Posted by: Harrison | Jul 12, 2013 6:00:37 PM

24. To every blogger and message-poster out there: It's time to change Aaryn's name to Aryan. Let's all get on board with this. Let's make it her permanent name, to haunt her for years after "Big Brother 15."

Posted by: Primobabe | Jul 12, 2013 9:36:45 PM

25. @ Ratbastard: Obviously this struck a nerve with you! GOOD! Maybe whites like you will finally stop and think about what and who you are before you go walking around with your ill-imagined sense of superiority for being white! As I've said to people like you in the past,if the biggest accomplishment in your life is being white,then you have a HUGE problem. Fix it or prepare for a rude awakening!

Posted by: Audi-owner | Jul 12, 2013 9:45:53 PM