Australia | Hugh Jackman | I'm Not Gay | News

BigGayDeal.com

Hugh Jackman, Wife Blast 'Stupid' Gay Rumors Again: VIDEO

Jackman

In what has become a biannual event, Hugh Jackman and his wife  Deborra-Lee Furness appeared on Australia's 60 Minutes to roll out complaints about how tired they are of the gay rumors that follow Jackman.

Said Jackman: "If I was [gay], I would be...It's to me not the most interesting thing about a person anyway, but I do get frustrated for Deb, because I see Deb go 'Ah, this is just crazy'."

Said Furness: "It is just wrong, it's like, it's a lie...It's just offensive. If he was gay, fine, he would say he's gay. It has gotten so out of whack … it's stupid, and yeah, it's annoying, because it's not true."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ah, first world problems. SMH, girl you live the life of a multi-millionarie, with a lovely family and complete security. You are looking for something to complain about. As long as you know he is straight and you are having good sex, then keep it to yourself and move on.

Posted by: Critifur | Jul 1, 2013 1:07:35 PM

2. Let's face it. We wonder and gossip about him possibly being gay because we WANT him to be gay (like that would give us more chances to score with him anyway, yeah, but that's human nature).

Anythin else (Broadway, Oz, an older, supposedly-ugly wife, which by the way I don't see as ugly) is secondary. Even if none of that were present, we would still ask if he's gay.

Posted by: Nirgal | Jul 1, 2013 1:11:35 PM

3. http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-these-homosexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock,11150/... Just kidding Hugh, all in good fun.

Posted by: DJ | Jul 1, 2013 1:14:08 PM

4. Hey if you're not gay then maybe you shouldn't have your boyfriend live with and maybe you shouldn't have brought him as your date to the People's Choice Awards three years ago.

Just sayin....

Posted by: Michael | Jul 1, 2013 1:22:31 PM

5. Live with you....

Posted by: Michael | Jul 1, 2013 1:23:11 PM

6. Jesus, now I remember why I never click through to Towleroad from my client. Andy's great but the commenters are about 95% horrible mean girls.

Posted by: Drew | Jul 1, 2013 1:24:10 PM

7. Why so many negative comment about her looks? She looks fine and healthy.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 1, 2013 1:29:02 PM

8. Drew, no kidding. Wishful thinking is harmless and fun, but this nastiness and hostility is something else.

Why is it that on this site (and certain other LGBT forums) when posters speculate about the sexual orientation of celebrities, the tone is accusatory and snide, and sounds indistinguishable from the bullying homophobes I remember all too well from junior high school?

Posted by: Booker | Jul 1, 2013 1:33:53 PM

9. What I find offensive is that they find being called gay "offensive" - if it is truly not an issue, then Let it Go.

Just smile - as long as it bothers you people will do it just to get a rise out of you.

Do like many other celebrities that let it slide off their back.

Posted by: HankNYC | Jul 1, 2013 1:40:41 PM

10. They would have been better off just not saging anything. It's really not important to me if he's gay or not. I'm certain I'm not listed in his phone's contacts. Damn!

Posted by: Mike in the tundra | Jul 1, 2013 1:44:46 PM

11. Sorry, but i'm starting to think the rumours are true.
    The first time i heard them i thought it were ridiculous. Jackman didn't fit the mold of closeted gay actor at all. He was married way before being famous, he didn't hesitate to play gay roles, and he spoke openly in favour of gay rights.

I know it must be annoying being called a liar, but given the rumours too much importance is not the best way to denie them. And even worse, she is showing her insecurities wich probably will make the rumours to increase

Posted by: jjose712 | Jul 1, 2013 1:46:49 PM

12. I find it curious that she's the one always making the denunciations. She sort of seems to be the one wearing the pants in the family and she seems unduly defensive and a little scary.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jul 1, 2013 1:47:14 PM

13. Oh, the Australian 60 Minutes. Never mind...

Posted by: anon | Jul 1, 2013 1:47:30 PM

14. I honestly have never even read anywhere that he is gay. they should just ignore it. I saw his one man play and actually thought he should have played more into the gay audience. lots of jokes about hot girls and no acknowledgement that one third the audience was gay

Posted by: kevin | Jul 1, 2013 2:11:37 PM

15. Wow. That's a lot of protesting. I'm just sayin.

Posted by: Gigi | Jul 1, 2013 2:38:10 PM

16. Wow. That's a lot of protesting. I'm just sayin.

Posted by: Gigi | Jul 1, 2013 2:38:10 PM

17. This is just ridiculous. I'm more interested in the real truth about someone who matters. Neil Patrick Harris is STRAIGHT!!!! Allegedly. You can tell by the way he walks. And that voice! Yup. Totally straight.

Posted by: throwslikeagirl | Jul 1, 2013 2:41:50 PM

18. If people kept insisting that I was straight after I've told them repeatedly I'm gay, yeah, I'd get pretty bent out of shape about that as well. Hugh Jackman is a great straight ally. This kind of persistent rumor really is offensive because it means people are accusing him of lying. This is just a case of wishful thinking on the part of some really immature people.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jul 1, 2013 2:43:38 PM

19. Considering how bloody awesome the openly-gay actors/performers are, that I'm proud to call Family, I'm not sure why folks are spending so much time making suppositions about someone else.

Why wonder when the folks we have choosing to stand up to be counted are more than worthy of our discussion?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jul 1, 2013 2:44:06 PM

20. Or, Ted, she's just sick and tired of people like you calling both of them liars for no damned reason.

Posted by: J Y | Jul 1, 2013 3:01:14 PM

21. Remember kids: this is all part of the rolling out for 'Wolverine' that bows next month.

This won't be the last time they will talk about this.

I do love how defensive some of these comments here are though.

YOU DON'T KNOW THEM.

Posted by: M | Jul 1, 2013 3:13:33 PM

22. Gay men have 'wished' for years that Ricky Martin,Anderson Cooper,etc. were GAY and guess what it works...they are!
    The folks who claim he's 'straight' have no more evidence than those who claim he's a closet case. He and his shrill wife need to take Richard Gere's route and STFU about it already if it isn't true?

Posted by: SFshawn | Jul 1, 2013 3:36:45 PM

23. Hugh Jackman makes it pretty hard for anyone to swallow (pun intended) that he's purely heterosexual. When he first settled his family, with a wife 13 years older and their two adopted children, in LA, he had a gay assistant, who later became his producing partner, who lived on their compound (who he also thanked in the same breath during his Golden Globe award speech as Deborra). He starred both in Australia and the US as Peter Allen and is in reputed talks to star on Broadway in the stage version of the Liberace biopic on HBO. I mean he's more comfortable with gay things than Bruce Villanch. Mind you, I have never heard rumors that he's either cheated on Deborra-Lee with either a man or a woman, and I have some first hand connections to Hugh (and he and Deborrah are sweet people by all accounts including my own), but it's just an odd set of circumstances all around.

Posted by: Countervail | Jul 1, 2013 3:54:56 PM

24. As someone who doesn't care for or follow Hugh Jackman outside the X-men series, can anyone explain where the gay rumours came from? He's never pinged my gaydar at all and until reading this, I never even knew it was a persistent rumour. Weird.

Posted by: Bryan | Jul 1, 2013 4:16:48 PM

25. He is tired of being called a liar,tired of being accused of having a sham marriage.

Posted by: Kim | Jul 1, 2013 4:34:56 PM