Music | Music Video

Chris Munro Wants You To 'Go': VIDEO

Chris

Out gay Canadian singer Chris Munro has released a steamy music video for his new single, "Go." Munro, who jumped into the entertainment game somewhat late compared to other artists, talks about how his inhibitions and fears held him back from going after his dreams:

“Growing up I never thought somebody like me could possibly do something that I really wanted to do. So I went to school for Economics! But as the culture started to shift to be more accepting of gay artists—and more importantly as I became more accepting of myself—I got inspired to chase my dreams with no regrets. Ever since I started writing and performing music people have told me to hide the fact that I’m gay so I would be accepted by a mainstream audience. My response is always the same: If I can’t be myself than why would I even bother to create music in the first place?”

Check out the (possibly work-unfriendly) video AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This is girl music.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Aug 12, 2013 12:23:03 PM

2. bored with board shorts.

Posted by: Cd in Dc | Aug 12, 2013 12:28:29 PM

3. Good looking guy. Ironically, the backup dancers make him look less attractive by comparison. -- Sadly, he isn't a very good singer, and the lyrics are inane. If he actually wants to be taken seriously as an artist, he might want to put his shirt back on.

Posted by: David in the O.C. | Aug 12, 2013 12:31:56 PM

4. While I appreciate his backstory, he does sort of resemble a power bottom from Falcon Studios (not a bad thing, actually...just sayin'). I wish him a better choice of songs in the future, though, without the autotune.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Aug 12, 2013 12:41:56 PM

5. Meh, Sounds like video dance music that they play at Badlands in Sacramento.

Posted by: Cubscoutii | Aug 12, 2013 12:48:35 PM

6. B-A-D as in not Good artisically on so many levels from vocals to lyrics to the "workout" choreography - LOL. Gay is the new Black. Nice eye candy, though. I wish him the best.

Posted by: Tony Diaz | Aug 12, 2013 12:56:36 PM

7. He is not a good singer even with auto tune.

Posted by: Shawn | Aug 12, 2013 12:58:50 PM

8. Very sexy man. Great song, too. Woof!

Posted by: AriesMatt | Aug 12, 2013 1:04:39 PM

9. Hot guy on the model, actor, dancer catagory. Chris must demonstrate more of his vocal talents and range than here to further his musical aspirations. I wish him luck.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 12, 2013 1:08:24 PM

10. I know him. He used to (still is?) a server at many of the events I produce.

Posted by: S. | Aug 12, 2013 1:09:40 PM

11. Wow. That sure was crap.

Posted by: alex | Aug 12, 2013 1:30:01 PM

12. Kind of bad, musically. Dull lyrics. Overall, pop trash stuff.

That said, go with your dreams. You made it to Towleroad. Even if it turns out to be the end of the road.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 12, 2013 1:44:43 PM

13. Gee, as Canadian, I really wanted to like this video more than I do :-/

Posted by: Ed McAn | Aug 12, 2013 2:05:13 PM

14. Fun to look at and probably a great dance tune. And I'm with CD in DC, board shorts are over. Start showing some leg men, screw what other people think. Board shorts are shorts, they're mediums. ;-)

Posted by: Bobby | Aug 12, 2013 2:24:07 PM

15. Song 2, Looks 3

Posted by: Bill | Aug 12, 2013 2:35:14 PM

16. Wow...that sucked!

Posted by: James | Aug 12, 2013 2:35:34 PM

17. I listened to the whole thing - which is saying something. I found it nicely hypnotic. Will I buy his CD? Not sure. I need to hear more.

Posted by: Tom | Aug 12, 2013 2:36:59 PM

18. God, I hate it when people sing at you. "Look how much emotion my face is conveying!"

Kinda hot.

Posted by: Fenrox | Aug 12, 2013 3:35:05 PM

19. Chris: 10. Video: 8. Song: 6. Singing: 5. I'd like to hear him again with a different piece of music of maybe something acoustic.

Posted by: Dback | Aug 12, 2013 3:48:18 PM

20. Autotuned. Leaves me wonder what his actual voice sounds like.

Posted by: jht | Aug 12, 2013 3:57:23 PM

21. lame circuit party music. blah.

Posted by: NorthoftheBorder | Aug 12, 2013 4:05:13 PM

22. The whole time I'm watching this video, I'm thinking to myself "this can't be real, it must be a spoof of dance music". Unfortunately, it wasn't. Ok, first, the lyrics are just inane and stupid "I'm taking back my personal power" or something like that???? His voice is weak. The choreography looks like it was done by an aerobic instructor who dreams of being a dance choreographer. I have not doubt these guys are all huge girly queens, butching it up as best they can for this video. They are now all wearing their fuzzy slippers and bathrobes, exhausted.

Posted by: Reality Chek | Aug 12, 2013 4:13:29 PM

23. It's difficult to judge which is more inane: the music, the video, the singer, or the comments here.

Gay culture is dead. I'm becoming an Episcopalian.

Posted by: Bryan | Aug 12, 2013 4:42:16 PM

24. Muted at 1:30 and thoroughly enjoyed from that point on.

Posted by: Stephen | Aug 12, 2013 4:51:46 PM

25. He is one hot hairy man- the song is okay.

Posted by: jarago | Aug 12, 2013 5:22:32 PM