Comic Books | Kevin Keller | Kiss | News | One Million Moms

BigGayDeal.com

Archie Comics' Kevin Keller Kisses His Boyfriend for First Time in Front of an Outraged Mom: VIDEO

Kiss_keller

Archie Comics' first gay character Kevin Keller has his first kiss in "Kevin Keller" Issue No. 10 which is released today, August 7.

Creator Dan Parent told HuffPost Live that One Million Moms' outrage over previous comic book issues were what fueled the scene you see above.

Watch Dan Parent talk to HuffPost Live about the kiss, AFTER THE JUMP...

Parent

Comments

1. I thought he got married to a black guy (???) Did they divorce? Is he cheating? Has he been ret-conned? Is that Veronica sticking up for him? So many questions...

Posted by: Jack Ford | Aug 7, 2013 9:13:23 AM

2. 1000 Likes. Stick it to the haters every time.

Posted by: Michael Barber | Aug 7, 2013 9:16:49 AM

3. 1000 Likes. Stick it to the haters every time.

Posted by: Michael Barber | Aug 7, 2013 9:16:50 AM

4. @Jack Ford, I don't read Archie comics but I've been following stories about their Kevin Keller character. Apparently Archie comics does "possible future" stories of what happens to their teenage characters as adults. In the future, Kevin Keller is a wounded war veteran who marries another man, a black doctor (I think).

In the story excerpted above he's still in high school.

Posted by: Caliban | Aug 7, 2013 9:57:04 AM

5. "I'm sorry, ma'am. You're right. I shouldn't have upset you in front of your children. With your short fuse, I imagine they already suffer enough."

Posted by: james | Aug 7, 2013 10:03:14 AM

6. Yes, there are two storylines. The main one still has Kevin as a teenager; the other is part of a double "alternate future" issue, one in which Archie married Betty and the other in which he married Veronica. In both of these future timelines Kevin has a handsome African-American husband named Clay.

I almost feel sorry for that mother; as anyone who's ever read an "Archie" comic knows, bad BAD things happen to you when you piss off Veronica Lodge.

Posted by: Dback | Aug 7, 2013 11:33:40 AM

7. If only the comic weren't so banal in general.

Posted by: anon | Aug 7, 2013 2:34:11 PM

8. That kiss is adorable!

Posted by: Mary | Aug 7, 2013 3:27:30 PM

9. hey, anything that pisses off 1000 moms, keep doing!

Posted by: Bernie | Aug 7, 2013 6:38:10 PM