Chelsea Handler | I'm Gay | Macklemore | News | Ryan Lewis

BigGayDeal.com

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Tell Chelsea Handler: 'We're Gay'

Chelsea_macklemore

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis appeared on Chelsea Lately last night to talk about their VMAs win and discuss rumors that they're gay. After Lewis reveals that the duo met on MySpace, well, the jig is pretty much up.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. ugh

Posted by: JMC | Aug 29, 2013 9:31:19 AM

2. @ JMC my thoughts exactly

Posted by: Tom Bardwell | Aug 29, 2013 9:33:38 AM

3. They must be gay right? I mean straight people are not allowed to be pro gay, especially men.

Posted by: Jamie | Aug 29, 2013 10:15:10 AM

4. Am I the only gay that likes the message but hates the song?

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Aug 29, 2013 10:17:15 AM

5. Even in the comments here there are some who think being an outspoken gay ally means you MUST secretly be gay. Chris Klewe must be gay or otherwise why would he speak on on behalf of gay marriage, right? And Brendan Ayanbadejo. And Macklemore. It's really obnoxious, the same Jr High "reasoning" the right wing troglodytes use to try to dismiss those who speak out for gay rights. Are gays REALLY so awful that no one would speak out for us?

Macklemore has said in interviews that he has two gay uncles. I'm not sure if he meant two blood relatives and their partners or one uncle and his partner, but he grew up in a family where gays were part of the fabric. Washington state was about to have a ballot initiative on gay marriage so he wrote "Same Love."

I wasn't sure what Ryan Lewis's sexuality was since he has gotten less exposure, but in this clip he says he's straight and I have no reason to doubt him.

Posted by: Caliban | Aug 29, 2013 10:18:52 AM

6. Love these guys!

Posted by: Jim | Aug 29, 2013 10:33:09 AM

7. another disingenuous title...

Posted by: Austin | Aug 29, 2013 10:33:32 AM

8. Caliban,

I suspect with a lot of us, it's more of a "hope springs eternal" kind of thing, rather than a "he can't be straight because he's pro-gay" type of thing.

But yeah, unfortunately they exist.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Aug 29, 2013 10:34:58 AM

9. Because straight people don't meet on MySpace?

Posted by: rick scatorum | Aug 29, 2013 10:37:09 AM

10. They're cute, funny, smart, articulate and they support equal rights for all. I love these guys!

Posted by: Ron | Aug 29, 2013 11:15:20 AM

11. So.... they're not gay.

Andy... love the site and loved reading/watching this blog in particular, but I think it's important to be careful with headlines so as not give the wrong impression.

Posted by: Ryan | Aug 29, 2013 11:38:06 AM

12. I agree with Ryan. But I love this site and support it for sure!

Posted by: Frank | Aug 29, 2013 12:07:18 PM

13. I support equal rights for women, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Jews, Hindus, Muslims - everyone, in fact. So that must mean that I'm secretly a mixed-race, theist and transgender person. I'm just 'passing' as an atheist gay white man, I guess.

Posted by: E. Dallas | Aug 29, 2013 1:25:41 PM

14. They truly are the gayest looking straight men I've ever seen as a duo. Ryan Lewis is such a cutie. Exactly my type.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Aug 29, 2013 1:36:21 PM

15. Again, we have two people who have done more for gay visibility and awareness than probably ANYONE in 2013, and we have nightmarish queens here who don't get it, acting like their opinions matter. Let me sum it up:

You're all nobodies. Macklemore is somebody. And he's helping us.

Posted by: Robert | Aug 29, 2013 1:41:19 PM

16. Of course they're gay. Anyone who supports gay marriage must automatically be gay, just like supporting rights of women and minorities turned me into a black woman.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Aug 29, 2013 1:44:01 PM

17. We're very proud of our Macklemore here in Seattle. I always assume that the two gay uncles were one by blood and then his partner/husband. One of the things I love about Macklemore is how relaxed he is about whether someone thinks he's gay. Do you have any idea what kind of balls it takes for a famous rapper to start a rap song with "When I was in third grade, I thought I was gay."??!!

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Aug 29, 2013 3:01:06 PM

18. according to an interview I saw, two of his father's brothers are gay and each has a partner. he considers all 4 his uncles.

Posted by: b | Aug 29, 2013 9:17:31 PM

19. they just said they are str8 so what more do people need ugghh!

Posted by: lavender omwanda | Aug 30, 2013 5:51:51 PM

20. man, i thought i might have a chance with macklemore i guess im not his "type" but he's still hot so i can still crush

Posted by: lauren | Sep 14, 2013 2:29:08 AM

21. OMG, that this is so funny because I literally typed the word "is" on Google and that is how I ended up here!

Posted by: Sadie | Sep 23, 2013 12:40:02 AM

22. I don't think macklemore and ryan lewis are gay I think they are just nomarl guys I like those guys I've seen macklemore and ryan lewis how ack like those guys are not gay so please don't say things about macklemore and ryan lewis their not gays

Posted by: thubelihle mbalati | Sep 28, 2013 10:26:34 AM

23. Yeah macklemore and ryan lewis I like your song same love I'm always singing it with my little brother thubelihle mbalati I love you guys

Posted by: noluthando zakwe | Sep 28, 2013 10:40:15 AM

24. Macklemore are Gay I really don't believe that so if you are gay why don't you act like one.
    People are saying you gay but I don't believe that sh*t .

Posted by: thuba»@bbm | Sep 29, 2013 3:08:01 AM

25. I started in google now I'm here I don't know how I ended up here I was typing some word I ended up here
    People are talking all over the world say yall are gay

Posted by: OKUHLE@»BBM | Sep 29, 2013 3:15:55 AM