BigGayDeal.com

News: Ramen Burger, Powerball, Joe Jonas, Dolphins, Lyme Disease

RoadNancy Boy: Lindsey Graham gay-baited in South Carolina GOP primary.

RoadWinning $448 million Powerball tickets bought in New Jersey and Minnesota.

RamenburgerRoadWho wants a ramen burger?

RoadPolice investigate Big Brother contestant (and noted homophobe) Spencer Clawson.

RoadPetition to ban Russian lawmakers responsible for human rights abuses: "The Secretary of State can place both Ms. Mizulina and Mr. Milonov on the visa ban list under his own authority and we respectfully request that the President direct Secretary of State Kerry to do so."

RoadChris Colfer reveals that Adam Lambert will play his nemesis on Glee.

RoadUS Embassy in Malta awards $26,000 grant to Malta Gay Rights Movement: "The funds will support the professional development of MGRM and its 'Rainbow Project' to provide counselling services to LGBT people and organize educational outreach in the community, the embassy said."

RoadEmile Hirsch is a cuddly cub.

VidalRoadBook on Gore Vidal's sex life on the way.

RoadMaggot-filled sandwich causes alarm at Atlanta airport.

RoadIvory smuggler responsible for the slaughter of 10,000 elephants over the past 40 years is arrested: "The trafficker, Emile N'Bouke, was found to be in possession of 700 kilograms (1,500 pounds) of ivory at the time of his arrest Tuesday afternoon at his shop in Lome, the capital, Dede Ekoue said. It was the first arrest of its kind in the small West African nation, which has emerged in recent years as a main transit point for ivory bound for Asia and other markets..."

RoadLyme Disease vaccine shows promise...

RoadDolphins keep lifelong social memories: "Dolphins can recognize their old tank mates’ whistles after being separated for more than 20 years—the longest social memory ever recorded for a non-human species. The remarkable memory feat is another indication that dolphins have a level of cognitive sophistication comparable to only a few other species, including humans, chimpanzees and elephants. Dolphins’ talent for social recognition may be even more long-lasting than facial recognition among humans, since human faces change over time, but the signature whistle that identifies a dolphin remains stable over many decades."

RoadVIDEO: New clips from The Counselor with Michael Fassbender and Javier Bardem.

Joe_jonasRoadJoe Jonas doesn't want Nick to get all the selfie attention.

RoadPhiladelphia urged to break Sister City ties with Russian city Nizhny Novgorod over anti-gay laws.

RoadNew protein bar contains crickets.

RoadGreg Louganis talks to Policy Mic about why he's against an Olympic boycott: "There’s a better way to speak out against President Putin and call out his bigotry for exactly what it is: speaking up for equal rights and educating people around the world about the persistence of homophobia. I’ve spent my post-diving career doing just this. I’ve promoted HIV/AIDS awareness, defended the civil liberties of the LGBT community, and taken a stand against “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” Rather than boycott, I, along with several amazing organizations including Athlete Ally and All Out, plan to use the Sochi Games as a teachable moment for the world."

Comments

1. The flex says top but the eyes say bottom

Posted by: MarkinATL | Aug 8, 2013 3:34:43 PM

2. lindsey graham is one sad homosexual.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Aug 8, 2013 3:38:00 PM

3. One of things I liked about Gore Vidal is that he didn't look down on his more flamboyant colleages: Tennesse Williams and Truman Capote and James Baldwin. I guess he was actually OUT of the closet very early in life even though I read that he never accepted the term "Gay".

And I was shocked to learn that he was kinda' politically conservative before the 1960s.

He was cute too.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 8, 2013 3:46:25 PM

4. Although I think Louganis' heart is in the right place, I think the Russian government are the people that really need to be taught a lesson. Others will watch and, one hopes, learn.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 8, 2013 3:54:50 PM

5. "...cognitive sophistication comparable to only a few other species, including humans, chimpanzees and elephants.."

actually it is

1 humanity
    2 Orangutans
    3 bottle nose dolphins and possibly orcas
    4 chimpanzees
    5 elephants
    6 gorillas
    7 eurasian magpies (only non mammal)

^ is order in intelligence tests, mirror test/ self recognition, and memory tests

in that order for all categories outside of humanity , orangutans are the next in everything and outpace the other great apes in every category with chimps and gorillas 9the dummies amongst the great apes) under-performing compared to dolphins

Posted by: Moz's | Aug 8, 2013 3:55:42 PM

6. PS

Humanity and orangutans only ones in list to form long term pair bonds whether you wish to call it monogamy or not it is long term pair bonding (chimps do not at all) with dolphins forming same sex long term pair bonds but not opposite sex long term pair bonds

Posted by: Moz's | Aug 8, 2013 3:59:32 PM

7. OK, MOZ'S, where do Tea Party People place on that list--after Republicans? Number 9 or 10...or 14. :-)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 8, 2013 4:01:55 PM

8. LOL Derrick

teapartyasaurus is going extinct because of its inability to compete

Posted by: Moz's | Aug 8, 2013 4:04:59 PM

9. Oh, where to begin:

a) Only Americans would stand in line in the heat for....a hamburger

b) Surprise, surprise....Gore Vidal used men for sex and then discarded them, but had close, intimate friendships with....WOMEN. Where have I seen that novel before? The man-hating, woman-worshiping fag in all his "glory"

c) Great to see some African countries finally beginning to get serious about arresting poachers and ivory smugglers....but if they get no more than a year in jail, it will not be much of a deterrent

d) Instead of turning insects into food, why don't these people just realize that consuming all animals for food is bad for the environment, bad for your health, and bad for your soul.....and give up any kind of consumption of animals altogether, as I did 40 years ago

e) Thank you, Greg Louganis. Finally, a sensible voice on the subject of the Russian Olympics. There will be no boycott, so it is a waste of time trying to lobby for one.....and the Olympics should not be politicized in any way. Wrong place, wrong time.

d)

Posted by: Rick | Aug 8, 2013 4:14:46 PM

10. f) I've had a rather serious issue with anal leakage lately and have taken to using tampons inside my anus in order to soak it all up, as I find the concept of using a panty-liner far too effeminate. I was wondering if there was a masculine non-effeminate form of guard I could use to sop up my leakage, that doesn't use the women-loving man-hating liberal effeminate term "panty"?

I'd use Depends undergarments but their spokesperson was June Allyson and she was in musicals, and musicals are for fems, so you can see the predicament that I'm in.

Posted by: Rick | Aug 8, 2013 4:19:49 PM

11. Rick, we get it: you hate being gay. That's the reason why you hate it when gay men are open, visible and proud of who they are. You're like a broken record, and so pathetically self loathing that your opinions are worthless.

Posted by: MateoM | Aug 8, 2013 4:31:17 PM

12. "where do Tea Party People place on that list--after Republicans? Number 9 or 10...or 14. :-)"

I should stop calling you people fascists. You're wannabe Nazis.

Posted by: AG | Aug 8, 2013 4:45:27 PM

13. Only the mentally ill call for boycotts....(remember the religious right?)...

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Aug 8, 2013 4:48:06 PM

14. Did you know that AG, Rick, and Alan Brickman are all the same troll? Pretty sad that he has to invent his own agreeing parties.

Posted by: MateoM | Aug 8, 2013 4:59:21 PM

15. Did you know that AG, Rick, and Alan Brickman are all the same troll? Pretty sad that he has to invent his own agreeing parties.

Posted by: MateoM | Aug 8, 2013 4:59:21 PM

16. Read about "people's community" in Nazi Germany http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksgemeinschaft. Jews, gays, gypsies, and others were deliberately excluded from it. That's what a "joking" exclusion of Republicans or Tea Party people from the community reminds me about. Once they don't belong to the community, anything can happen to them, we don't care.

Posted by: AG | Aug 8, 2013 5:06:42 PM

17. Great idea to place Russian Homophobic 'officials' on the United States Visa Ban list! :) Perfect.
    If they want to be isolated from the world then let them be! Even better to put Putin on the Visa Ban list. People who are obviously against equality don't deserve to visit countries with such freedoms. They deserve to live in the prisons they created for themselves.

Posted by: SFshawn | Aug 8, 2013 5:23:06 PM

18. I will go on record as stating the I totally want a Ramen Burger.

Posted by: Lucas H | Aug 8, 2013 5:27:27 PM

19. The second posting for RICK is Little Bowel the Canadian. He can't stop talking about aholes which makes him one and dad incest which is why his own father shows his adoration by marching in the Toronto gay pride parade.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 8, 2013 5:28:30 PM

20. MATEOM - you're so confused, your paranoia is tsunamic.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 8, 2013 5:29:47 PM

21. I'm so ugly that when my dad molested me he was thinking about my brother.

Posted by: UFDA | Aug 8, 2013 5:36:10 PM

22. Who are the shirtless boys photobombing Joe's selfie?

Posted by: Jack | Aug 8, 2013 5:48:11 PM

23. I don't get it Mr. Towle.

What is your beef with DISQUS? Every other web page has turned to it. Yeah, it's not perfect but look what you have now.

Posted by: MIke | Aug 8, 2013 6:05:43 PM

24. Jack, I suspect that once Joe puts down his gay dog, he'll get back to his all-boys "pool party."

I was fortunate enough to see Gore Vidal speak on several occasions, and his rapier wit and staggering intellect were always impressive. But there was definitely a sadness to him that, despite his many achievements, made me feel a bit sorry for him. He seemed to have hard time forging deep relationships.

Elephants and dolphins are awesome and deserve better protection from poachers (in the case of dolphins, I mean better care from amusement parks and zoos, who poach the lives of these genius creatures, then wonder why they go crazy with frustration). I don't feel quite the same about maggots (one of the few things that could make airports even worse) and ramen burgers. Also, maybe they should consider making more than 300 burgers given the demand...

Call me blase, but I'm getting tired of hearing about the Olympics, and they're still six months away.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 8, 2013 6:13:20 PM

25. I can't imagine living with yourself knowing that you'd killed an average of 250 elephants a year for most of your life.

Posted by: Paul R | Aug 8, 2013 6:18:07 PM