Anthony Kennedy | DOMA | Evangelical Christians | News | Phyllis Schlafly

Right Wing Blowhard Phyllis Schlafly Feels 'Personally Insulted' By DOMA Decision: AUDIO

SchlaflyPhyllis Schlafly, the anti-gay, antifeminisit leader of the Eagle Forum, stopped by the Steve Deace radio show yesterday to blast the 'inappropriate, unprecedented and really nasty' majority opinion Anthony Kennedy issued for the DOMA decision.

When asked if Kennedy's writing is really just an 'anti-Christian polemic disguised as a legal opinion,' Schlafly had this to say [via Right Wing Watch]:

"Well, I was extremely offended at all the nasty names he called us. I just think it's so inappropriate, unprecedented and really nasty for the justice to say that the reason DOMA, the Defense of Marriage Act, was passed, and those who stand up for traditional marriage is that they have animus against gays, they want to deny them equal dignity, that we want to brand them as unworthy, we want to humiliate their children, we have a hateful desire to harm a politically unpopular group. I just think, I feel personally insulted by what Justice Kennedy said. I don't think that's true, the idea that anybody who stood up for traditional marriage is guilty of all the hate in his heart is just outrageous."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

In the past, Schlafly has made the claim that 'the main goal of the homosexuals is to silence any criticism. Most of them aren't interested in getting married.'

Comments

1. Hopefully you feel insulted enough to shoot yourself in that blackhole of a heart of yours! You dumb C**T!

Posted by: Audi-owner | Aug 7, 2013 7:48:20 PM

2. Military has changed laws regarding benefits for gays. Soldiers must be married to be eligible for benefits. Watch news sites....

Posted by: Gary | Aug 7, 2013 7:49:11 PM

3. I feel personally insulted by her very existence.

Posted by: Red | Aug 7, 2013 7:53:57 PM

4. If the orthopedic shoe fits, wear it - nasty, old hag.

Posted by: Geoff | Aug 7, 2013 7:55:25 PM

5. People don't normally feel insulted unless they think a criticism applies to them. The lady doth protest too much.

Posted by: plaintom | Aug 7, 2013 7:56:00 PM

6. Can we have a #instac*nt just for people like her?

Posted by: RONTEX | Aug 7, 2013 8:04:45 PM

7. I just had a great laugh. Google ads will pick out information on a page to determine what ads to place. Well, I have a google ad for depends showing up.

Posted by: Mike in the tundra | Aug 7, 2013 8:07:01 PM

8. @PLAINTOM -- exactly...

I'm sure her son feels personally offended by her personal offense and her whole venal and acidic attitude. The trouble is, she's so mean that she'll live a long and unfruitful life on just her meanness alone.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Aug 7, 2013 8:11:22 PM

9. Anything that offends this awful woman is fine by me.

Posted by: shawnthesheep | Aug 7, 2013 8:16:38 PM

10. Anything that offends this awful woman is fine by me

Posted by: shawnthesheep | Aug 7, 2013 8:16:55 PM

11. No no no Miss Shabby, it isn't the hate in his heart, it's the hate he has noted among the the homophobic far right. It has nothing to do with his heart. It's yours, or somebody who's pretty much like you...your hearts are noted for their intolerance, which is real nasty! Get out of your glass house.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 7, 2013 8:17:54 PM

12. What a putrid little brain this lady possesses, to trash gay people and deny trashing them. She's such a butthole! There seems to be a very small but growing list of people whose deaths I will celebrate when their time comes. I never thought I would be that person, then along comes Phyllis.

Posted by: James in Hollywood | Aug 7, 2013 8:19:32 PM

13. Right Wing Blowhard...is the perfect description for this woman who acts as if she doesn't get it, why gay people are all upset!

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 7, 2013 8:19:55 PM

14. "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." I look forward to reading Phyllis Schlafly's.

Posted by: Dearcomrade | Aug 7, 2013 8:29:14 PM

15. She is actually the mother of a gay son.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 7, 2013 8:34:00 PM

16. Normally it's not right to speak ill if the dead. However, when she croaks I'll sing a nice chorus of "Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead."

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 7, 2013 8:40:56 PM

17. She's right. A lot of gay people won't get married, and they deserve respect for that. They've preached for so long about bad parenting making people gay that it's the cross she has to bear..

Posted by: Steve Talbert | Aug 7, 2013 8:42:17 PM

18. She's right. A lot of gay people won't get married, and they deserve respect for that. They've preached for so long about bad parenting making people gay that it's the cross she has to bear..

Posted by: Steve Talbert | Aug 7, 2013 8:42:18 PM

19. I'm deeply insulted that SiPhyllis Shitfly thinks anyone is stupid enough to buy her bs. I'm even more offended that she has a platform on which to try and sell it.

Posted by: Kenneth | Aug 7, 2013 8:44:13 PM

20. Isn't she dead yet?

Posted by: Richard | Aug 7, 2013 8:44:26 PM

21. This vile coot has a gay son and still goes around the country fomenting anti-gay hatred, whether she wants to admit it or not.... SO UGLY!

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Aug 7, 2013 8:45:24 PM

22. No animus? Let's roll the tape: "Congress decided to reflect and honor a collective moral judgment and to express moral disapproval of homosexuality."

Posted by: Brad | Aug 7, 2013 8:47:00 PM

23. If you want to tell her she ought to retire: Phyllis@EagleForum.org. She does, in fact, have a gay son! Incredible.

Posted by: Ryan | Aug 7, 2013 8:48:30 PM

24. " ... the idea that anybody who stood up for traditional marriage is guilty of all th ..."

If any of these wingnuts ever ONCE STOOD-UP for their "traditional marriage", it would be the FIRST time. They have never done anything other than attack marriage for same sex couples.

Posted by: Adam | Aug 7, 2013 8:53:41 PM

25. Kyler!
    Did you just call this little old lady a 'blowhard'.
    Good for you. She has deserved that and worse for years.

Posted by: JONES | Aug 7, 2013 9:02:24 PM