Anthony Kennedy | DOMA | Evangelical Christians | News | Phyllis Schlafly

BigGayDeal.com

Right Wing Blowhard Phyllis Schlafly Feels 'Personally Insulted' By DOMA Decision: AUDIO

SchlaflyPhyllis Schlafly, the anti-gay, antifeminisit leader of the Eagle Forum, stopped by the Steve Deace radio show yesterday to blast the 'inappropriate, unprecedented and really nasty' majority opinion Anthony Kennedy issued for the DOMA decision.

When asked if Kennedy's writing is really just an 'anti-Christian polemic disguised as a legal opinion,' Schlafly had this to say [via Right Wing Watch]:

"Well, I was extremely offended at all the nasty names he called us. I just think it's so inappropriate, unprecedented and really nasty for the justice to say that the reason DOMA, the Defense of Marriage Act, was passed, and those who stand up for traditional marriage is that they have animus against gays, they want to deny them equal dignity, that we want to brand them as unworthy, we want to humiliate their children, we have a hateful desire to harm a politically unpopular group. I just think, I feel personally insulted by what Justice Kennedy said. I don't think that's true, the idea that anybody who stood up for traditional marriage is guilty of all the hate in his heart is just outrageous."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

In the past, Schlafly has made the claim that 'the main goal of the homosexuals is to silence any criticism. Most of them aren't interested in getting married.'

Comments

1. Justice Kennedy didn't actually say all those things in his decision. But - Phyllis, honey - for the most part you just described yourself.

Posted by: David | Aug 7, 2013 9:03:32 PM

2. The poster girl for Bitter Old Queen.

Posted by: bkmn | Aug 7, 2013 9:10:03 PM

3. I agree with Phyllis about most gay men not wanting to get married. The figures prove it.

However, Phyllis's real fear isn't so much to do with homosexuality as it is with men in general. As a woman, she fears men and their power. Two men together in a loving embrace doubles male power. Her fear of us stems from the fear of men.

This is why she obsesses with male homosexuality.

Posted by: Brian | Aug 7, 2013 9:11:25 PM

4. I just told her she was a c*nt on twitter, and didn't use the * in place of the u

Posted by: Terry | Aug 7, 2013 9:13:05 PM

5. Everything you said is exactly how a lot of you feel about gay folks you old hosebag. Pity your son.

Posted by: greenfuzz | Aug 7, 2013 9:18:51 PM

6. "SyPhyllis Shitfly". Good one, Kenneth.

Posted by: Jonna the Woodswoman | Aug 7, 2013 9:22:19 PM

7. Cry me a river you bombastic has-been whore.

Posted by: David | Aug 7, 2013 9:31:58 PM

8. All Phyllis really said was that people who take her political position don't all have an animus toward gay people. And I know this for a fact because until not too long ago I took the same positions Phyllis does. Most people on the right are afraid of social change because it is in the nature of conservatives to be skeptical about policies that change society. The truth is that most people on the right gave little thought to gays (in either the good way or the bad way) before gay rights emerged as an issue in national elections in the 1980's.

I know that people are aren't going to like Phyllis - understandably. But she really isn't as bad as you think. She is close to her gay son. She could have disowned him or distanced herself from him. This is a woman born in 1926, after all.

Posted by: Mary | Aug 7, 2013 9:35:04 PM

9. I feel personally insulted that she is on my planet.

Posted by: jsb | Aug 7, 2013 9:40:51 PM

10. Of course she would insulted. The world turned into hell in her lifetime.

Posted by: Josh | Aug 7, 2013 9:51:34 PM

11. Well finnally she knows how I've felt about her since the 1970s when she was the organizer of the "STOP ERA" campaign. She gives total meaning to the fact that the good die young and the bad go on for ever. She's nothing more than a trogloditic coprolite.

Posted by: StevyD | Aug 7, 2013 9:57:37 PM

12. Phyllis, why didn't you say so? We didn't know you would be so insulted when we got the same rights as you. OK boys, give 'em back. Don't want to inconvenience Phyllis.

Posted by: Bubba | Aug 7, 2013 10:12:36 PM

13. Who cares?

Posted by: David | Aug 7, 2013 10:12:55 PM

14. If that cow would die, I'd feel less insulted.

Posted by: Marcus | Aug 7, 2013 10:13:45 PM

15. Oh great, mary the apologist is back. Sorry, you are wrong, she is as bad as we think. She doesn't think her son is equal, she doesn't want him to be equal, she has actively and publicly spouted her nonsense in her effort to keep her son a lesser man than total strangers. I don't know what world you live in, but in my world that cannot be described as "close." In fact, she may as well have disowned him, because she has and continues to discount him - as a human, as an equal, as capable of true, honest and open love. Please stop trying to equate conservatism and hate, it is insulting and disingenuous.

Thanks Jonna, I thought it had a nice ring.

Posted by: Kenneth | Aug 7, 2013 10:15:00 PM

16. Aunt Blabby (apologies to Jonathan Winters) needs to get her depends changed and call for a prayer circle as she is known to do- to pray away the gay..... perhaps Franklin Graham can help if he isn't attending a National Socialist Party meeting.

Posted by: nick | Aug 7, 2013 10:22:24 PM

17. Who cares if she is insulted, the truth is the truth. Hateful is the least of it. She needs to fade into the void

Posted by: bructer | Aug 7, 2013 10:28:38 PM

18. Hey Phyllis, aren't you dead yet?

Posted by: Robert M. | Aug 7, 2013 10:34:11 PM

19. Why does anybody -- including T'road -- give that demented old hag a second thought? Time to let someone with a functioning cerebral cortex have the floor while Phyl gets ready for the long dirt nap. Old conservatards never die, they just go on each other's two-bit radio spots. Next thing you know she'll be chatting up Rush Windbag and Shawn Vanity. Zzzzz, wake me when it's over.

Posted by: Onnyjay | Aug 7, 2013 10:55:02 PM

20. Well, Phyllis. I guess the truth hurts.

Posted by: john patrick | Aug 7, 2013 10:55:56 PM

21. This clearly means the right decision was made by SCOTUS.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Aug 7, 2013 10:56:40 PM

22. She isn't dead yet? I thought she was. Well, she will be soon.

Posted by: Ken | Aug 7, 2013 10:57:49 PM

23. I was going to insult her but so many others beat me to the punch. Dang.

Posted by: BZ | Aug 7, 2013 11:05:24 PM

24. This creature has been making trouble since the '70's when she managed to kill the ERA protecting women. She hates everyone and she's supposedly a "constitutional lawyer".

Posted by: Paul | Aug 7, 2013 11:32:45 PM

25. Oh Syphyllis Schlafly running her bigot mouth off again.

Posted by: Mike85 | Aug 7, 2013 11:42:03 PM