Anthony Kennedy | DOMA | Evangelical Christians | News | Phyllis Schlafly

BigGayDeal.com

Right Wing Blowhard Phyllis Schlafly Feels 'Personally Insulted' By DOMA Decision: AUDIO

SchlaflyPhyllis Schlafly, the anti-gay, antifeminisit leader of the Eagle Forum, stopped by the Steve Deace radio show yesterday to blast the 'inappropriate, unprecedented and really nasty' majority opinion Anthony Kennedy issued for the DOMA decision.

When asked if Kennedy's writing is really just an 'anti-Christian polemic disguised as a legal opinion,' Schlafly had this to say [via Right Wing Watch]:

"Well, I was extremely offended at all the nasty names he called us. I just think it's so inappropriate, unprecedented and really nasty for the justice to say that the reason DOMA, the Defense of Marriage Act, was passed, and those who stand up for traditional marriage is that they have animus against gays, they want to deny them equal dignity, that we want to brand them as unworthy, we want to humiliate their children, we have a hateful desire to harm a politically unpopular group. I just think, I feel personally insulted by what Justice Kennedy said. I don't think that's true, the idea that anybody who stood up for traditional marriage is guilty of all the hate in his heart is just outrageous."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

In the past, Schlafly has made the claim that 'the main goal of the homosexuals is to silence any criticism. Most of them aren't interested in getting married.'

Comments

1. HER SON IS GAY??? WTF is wrong with this hateful old woman?

Posted by: Houndentenor | Aug 7, 2013 11:43:48 PM

2. YEAH!!! An Anti- Christian RULING!!! They have made homosexuals life miserable for centuries. SCREW THOSE CHRISTIANS! They choose those stupid stories to live their ridiculous lives by! I know, I was born a homosexual. That tops their fairy tale god any day! GO AWAY! YOU ARE THE FREAKS NOW.

Posted by: GRivera | Aug 8, 2013 2:16:54 AM

3. As they say, men are from Mars and Phyllis Schafly deserves to live on the surface of Venus, which is jokingly described as hotter than the Biblical Hell.

At least she won't need a sweater to stay warm in her old age. It's dry there too - the sulfuric acid rain evaporates before reaching the surface.

Posted by: Bill | Aug 8, 2013 2:46:19 AM

4. Just give me 10 mins alone with this harpy from Hell and I will show her just how much more she can feel personally insulted

Posted by: MarkBoston | Aug 8, 2013 3:11:01 AM

5. How this ghastly woman can live with herself saying these things when she has a gay son speaks volumes about her character.

Posted by: Nelson | Aug 8, 2013 7:18:07 AM

6. As far as I'm concerned, this hag hasn't been insulted enough.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 8, 2013 7:24:10 AM

7. .she proves that ONLY the good die young....the old hag aka CRONE of CALDOR (bewitched reference) ... what a pathetic sad dried up woman

Posted by: disgusted american | Aug 8, 2013 7:47:03 AM

8. To paraphrase Willona Woods, "Girl, please"

Posted by: Richard | Aug 8, 2013 8:29:38 AM

9. Her 15 minutes of notoriety are long over.

Posted by: Perry | Aug 8, 2013 8:39:01 AM

10. That woman is a plankton.

Posted by: Monroc | Aug 8, 2013 8:46:10 AM

11. I don't think she feels personally insulted enough.

Animus, dear? FAR stronger words apply to your special brand of frothing hatred.

Posted by: Lymis | Aug 8, 2013 8:54:40 AM

12. I am delighted that she feels insulted. Why should we be the only ones to feel insulted? I

Posted by: John | Aug 8, 2013 8:55:09 AM

13. She should sue Anthony Kennedy for defamation of character. That would be good for a laugh.

Posted by: Hunter | Aug 8, 2013 9:23:53 AM

14. If Phyllis Schlafly is offended I am truly and deeply pleased.

Posted by: Timothy | Aug 8, 2013 9:52:18 AM

15. How the heck is this putrid old hag still alive?

Posted by: Rich F. | Aug 8, 2013 10:03:33 AM

16. I feel "personally insulted" that Phyllis Schlafly, the mother of a gay son, is still out their pandering to the wingnuts to keep her son a second class citizen. The woman is older than dirt and so are all of her ideas. Believe me, she's only in it for the money because she's way to old to change careers now. Phyllis, you're losing the battle and need to retire.

Posted by: ThomT | Aug 8, 2013 10:14:57 AM

17. August 15th is Phyllis Schlafly's 89th birthday. Hopefully this will be Ms. Schlafy's last. So many good people die so young yet people like Schlafy and Pat Robertson just seem to live forever - maybe God doesn't want them either.

Posted by: ThomT | Aug 8, 2013 10:22:12 AM

18. Poor dear. She feels personally insulted? Poor thing--she has such tender feelings.

It's amazing coming from someone who has said the kind of vile crap this harpy has been spouting for decades.

Posted by: db | Aug 8, 2013 11:36:47 AM

19. If ever you interview convicts after their conviction, they fall into two groups: the judge was doing his job or I got railroaded. PS falls into the latter category, unable to see her own guilt or the collective guilt of conservatives over the years and drowning in a sense of personal injustice at the hands of the "system". Her reaction is just emotionally self-serving. The real thrust of the issue is whether or not this message of clear animus has made it out to the broader public and in a sense she is spreading that message despite herself.

Posted by: anon | Aug 8, 2013 11:47:37 AM

20. Phyllis, honey, I've felt personally insulted by you for years, mainly the fact the you exist at all.

But, Phyllis, I regret to inform you that your comments pretty much encapsulated Justice Kennedy's on-the-mark reasoning for DOMA being overturned.

You're a hater, Phyllis. Own up to it. Then, deal with it.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 8, 2013 11:50:01 AM

21. I wouldn't even help her cross the street.

Posted by: Daniel Curzon | Aug 8, 2013 1:36:41 PM

22. Then our goal has been achieved. All we were really trying to do was offend Phyllis Schlafly.

Posted by: SFRowGuy | Aug 8, 2013 1:59:07 PM

23. I really feel sorry for her gay son who has this bi&*H for a mother !!

Posted by: Randy | Aug 8, 2013 2:21:27 PM

24. Gay enemies deserve death. They reap what they sow.

Posted by: EB | Aug 8, 2013 3:06:22 PM

25. There's a reason why they used to burn witches.

Posted by: LAX/JFK | Aug 8, 2013 3:27:09 PM