Anthony Kennedy | DOMA | Evangelical Christians | News | Phyllis Schlafly

BigGayDeal.com

Right Wing Blowhard Phyllis Schlafly Feels 'Personally Insulted' By DOMA Decision: AUDIO

SchlaflyPhyllis Schlafly, the anti-gay, antifeminisit leader of the Eagle Forum, stopped by the Steve Deace radio show yesterday to blast the 'inappropriate, unprecedented and really nasty' majority opinion Anthony Kennedy issued for the DOMA decision.

When asked if Kennedy's writing is really just an 'anti-Christian polemic disguised as a legal opinion,' Schlafly had this to say [via Right Wing Watch]:

"Well, I was extremely offended at all the nasty names he called us. I just think it's so inappropriate, unprecedented and really nasty for the justice to say that the reason DOMA, the Defense of Marriage Act, was passed, and those who stand up for traditional marriage is that they have animus against gays, they want to deny them equal dignity, that we want to brand them as unworthy, we want to humiliate their children, we have a hateful desire to harm a politically unpopular group. I just think, I feel personally insulted by what Justice Kennedy said. I don't think that's true, the idea that anybody who stood up for traditional marriage is guilty of all the hate in his heart is just outrageous."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

In the past, Schlafly has made the claim that 'the main goal of the homosexuals is to silence any criticism. Most of them aren't interested in getting married.'

Comments

1. Another reason to love the DOMA decision. Anything that manages to make Phyllis Schlafly feel personally insulted is awesome.

Posted by: ajax2828 | Aug 8, 2013 4:35:09 PM

2. NASTY? HAS SHE HEARD HER OWN WORDS? I LOVE RIGHT WINGERS LIKE HER. THEY MAKE OUR JOB SO EASY. AND THEY ARE SUCH EASY LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW TARGETS.

Posted by: Jimmy Palmieri | Aug 8, 2013 4:37:34 PM

3. Unfortionately, The descriptive adjectives that best describe this "Woman" are not permitted to be used in this blog.

Posted by: Jerry6 | Aug 8, 2013 6:00:13 PM

4. Oh Phyllis, you dried up old c*nt, it's all about you, isn't it? Personally offended? Yeah, well I was personally offended when the president I voted for signed DOMA, in a rather bigger way, I would imagine, that you have been offended by its repeal.

This hate-filled b!tch is on the list with Jesse Helms and Jerry Falwell...it will be a happy day when her poison-filled heart stops beating.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Aug 8, 2013 6:52:32 PM

5. The nearly endless list of hateful, vile, vulgar and mean spirited post about the bigoted Schlafly is depressing. We are winning the debates on LGBT Equality on the merits of our cause. We are winning on the high ground guys. You don't have to tear everybody you disagree with a new a**hole!

Posted by: andrew | Aug 8, 2013 7:06:20 PM

6. Kenneth, you accuse me of equating conservatism with hate, but what I was trying to do was just the opposite. It is true that most people are not right-wing activists like Schlafly, and never have been. But her position on marriage was the standard one until 2003 and is still the law of the land in most American states today.

Why can't a person simply be wrong on gay marriage - mistaken, overly-pessimistic about the future of marriage as an institution, etc..? I myself took the position Phyllis takes now up until May of last year (when I announced my change on Towleroad.) Was I "hateful" also? I had spent several decades opposing gay rights. And if I was hateful, what caused me to give up the "hate?" Was I an evil person who became a good person? No. I was just a social conservative who became more liberal on one particular issue (gay rights) after reading, asking a lot of questions, and learning more about the subject.

Posted by: Mary | Aug 8, 2013 7:49:10 PM

7. Schlaffley has a right to say what she wants on the subject. And I fully defend her right to free speech. Which is why I feel guilty for wishing that someone would slap the crap out of her on national television.

Posted by: Hagatha | Aug 8, 2013 9:06:41 PM

8. Forgive the poor old biddy. Her reproductive organs have rotted out and she has nothing to do with her life but hate her betters.

Posted by: candideinnc | Aug 8, 2013 9:30:47 PM

9. Mary, yes, you were.

Posted by: Kenneth | Aug 8, 2013 9:30:55 PM

10. Ms Schlafly: Where do you think "Gay" people come from? Homosexuality is inherited from one's parents. You should know that by now since YOU have a Gay Son. (Or do you really believe that he made a decision to be Gay on his own?) My Father's Father was Gay; My Father was Gay (I accidentily met his lover when I was 26); I am Gay; and my second Son was Gay(He lived in NYC at the wrong time); and one of my Sister's sons was Gay (Until his bigoted father hounded him so much that he finally hung himself at 16.)

Ms Schlafly, just who do you think you are helping with your Bigotry?

Posted by: Jerry6 | Aug 8, 2013 10:57:14 PM

11. Kennedy: "The federal statute is invalid, for no legitimate purpose overcomes the purpose and effect to disparage and injure those whom the State, by its marriage laws, sought to protect in personhood and dignity. By seeking to displace this protection and treating those persons as living in marriages less respected than others, the federal statute is in violation of the Fifth Amendment."

Since when is being Catholic anti-Christian? They invented it.

Posted by: emjayay | Aug 9, 2013 12:57:04 AM

12. i've been insulted by her hair for decades.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Aug 9, 2013 6:26:05 AM