Brian Sims | News | Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania's First Gay Lawmaker Brian Sims Opens Up: VIDEO

Sims_leffew

Bryan Leffew sits down with Pennsylvania's first openly gay lawmaker Brian Sims, who has of late seen some exciting and hopeful action in his state with regard to marriage equality, to talk about how his first few months have been in office.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The "unanimous consent" rule is HORRIBLE.

That's what Mr. Sims needs to change.

Posted by: johnny | Aug 8, 2013 1:53:59 PM

2. Nice to see two regular guys in a vid who also happen to be gay.

OK, bring on the mean comments in 3...2...1

Posted by: johnny | Aug 8, 2013 2:01:58 PM

3. Hate to be frivolous... but he is such a cutie! and smart too...

Posted by: cdubois | Aug 8, 2013 2:04:31 PM

4. I have no idea what Brian Sims said in this video. I was too busy mentally undressing him.

Posted by: Peter | Aug 8, 2013 2:14:55 PM

5. Man, gay guys are cute.

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Aug 8, 2013 2:22:25 PM

6. They are both hotties! No mean comments here!

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 8, 2013 2:40:32 PM

7. When marriage becomes legal in Pennsylvania, I want to marry Brian..

Posted by: Luke | Aug 8, 2013 3:00:02 PM

8. Yeah, Brian and Bryan are both hot. They're both unabashedly gay and they're awesome. This is a great interview. Thank you Brian for everything you're doing to bring equality to Pennsylvania.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Aug 8, 2013 3:13:22 PM

9. THIS is what the future looks like.

Compare the pasty, bitter, pinched heinous old bigots, and the new, progressive, smart, articulate politicians. Beautiful outside because beautiful inside.

Thanks Brian Sims!

Posted by: Strepsi | Aug 8, 2013 3:16:37 PM

10. I want these two to kiss so bad!

Posted by: mikep | Aug 8, 2013 3:37:18 PM

11. MIKEP - oh really, I LOL at your remark. Indeed the Bryan on the right was dying to deep kiss the Brian on the left. They could make the whole room wet.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 8, 2013 4:12:57 PM

12. "I want these two to kiss so bad!"

Good Lord, for once, two presentable gay men having an intelligent, serious, non-sexual conversation and you come up with a comment like that.

Brian could have a great future IF he reverts to the "boy-next-door" appearance and persona and stays away from Far Left political positions and mindsets--whether he will, though, is an open question at this point.

I hope he makes the right choices going forward, because there will be a lot of pressure on him to make the wrong ones.

Posted by: Rick | Aug 8, 2013 4:47:03 PM

13. Too late, Rick. You can go back to your women-hating ways alone, again.

Posted by: PDX Guy | Aug 8, 2013 4:55:31 PM

14. Ah, the boy-next-door appearance again. Cause men with beards are just craaaaazy leftist propagandists!

As long as he doesn't send naughty tweets (much as many would enjoy receiving them), Brian promises to have a bright progressive political future.

Posted by: Ernie | Aug 8, 2013 5:25:53 PM

15. @PDX GUY: perfect! A feminist with a beard, the horror!

Posted by: Ernie | Aug 8, 2013 5:35:18 PM

16. Oh RICK don't spoil the good things. Here we have just the kind of men you espouse and we can't even have a wet daydream? Uff...I want to both hear them and do them...or watch.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 8, 2013 5:38:01 PM

17. If I didn't know the Leffew's story I would want to watch Bryan and Brian get it on! Sorry...Jay, Daniel and Selena. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL!

Posted by: Jeff | Aug 8, 2013 6:13:50 PM

18. Brian Sims....MARRY MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 8, 2013 6:13:59 PM

19. Well, THOSE are two of the most unnecessary shirts I've ever seen in my lifetime (to say nothing of the dress slacks)...

Posted by: Dback | Aug 8, 2013 6:41:47 PM

20. PETERPARKER you make me laugh hard.

No Brian, over here, over here, never mind him, ME, I'M THE ONE

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 8, 2013 8:11:19 PM

21. "Well, THOSE are two of the most unnecessary shirts I've ever seen in my lifetime..."

Andy can close the comments now; anything else will pale in comparison.

Well played, DBACK.

Unfortunately, I live 2 blocks outside the limits of Brian's district, my rep isn't hot at all.

Posted by: Tatts | Aug 9, 2013 8:26:19 AM