News

The Best Bar Mitzvah You've Ever Seen: VIDEO

Sam

Young little Sam Horowitz from Dallas, Texas has now set the bar for what constitutes an awesome entrance at your own bar mitzvah.

Watch as Sam shuts it down AFTER THE JUMP...

How many of you are going to go as him for Halloween this year, burlesque dancers in tow?

Comments

1. For a group of people who don't like to be judged, there sure is a lot of judging going on here. No one tells you how to spend you money, where do any of you get off telling others how they SHOULD spend theirs?

Posted by: Seriously? | Aug 15, 2013 11:11:30 PM

2. Come on guys. The kid is having fun. And the parents let him be a star on that stage, even if its only this one time. Dont rain on his parade. Just because we dont have the money he has, there's no need to be Sour Sallies.

Posted by: FND | Aug 15, 2013 11:41:40 PM

3. I saw on Daily Mail that he did a number with the ladies on Good Morning America this morning. For a teen, he sure looks 8 years old.

Posted by: MIke | Aug 15, 2013 11:54:46 PM

4. To all on this site. Do not confuse the ceremony of becoming a Bar Mitzvah with the party that happened afterwards. Yes, it appears to be over the top -- but it's a party. This isn't the ceremony of achieving Bar Mitzvah any more than a lavish reception and youtube footage of someone doing the chicken dance is a wedding.

Posted by: bob | Aug 16, 2013 12:11:20 AM

5. Confirmation was never like this. Slapped by a bishop? Dancing with showgirls? I am somehow missing the spirituality.

Posted by: kevo | Aug 16, 2013 12:19:02 AM

6. Quod haec significatio sit?

Posted by: andrew | Aug 16, 2013 12:58:57 AM

7. Is he gay? Why was this published here?

Wait -- is he trans?

Posted by: Knock | Aug 16, 2013 1:01:18 AM

8. @ little Kiwi you have a small if any brain to go with your name. My mother always told me not to call a dummy a dummy,hower for you I will make an exception... YOU ARE A DUMMY!

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin the bleacher Preacher | Aug 16, 2013 1:24:33 AM

9. OK, for all of you judging judies who feel like this was a waste of money, blah, blah, blah... Have you ever spent money on yourself for a vacation, nice clothes/car/ house or even a fancy cup of coffee? Well, HOW DARE YOU! You should have given THAT money to charity.

Posted by: Southern Belle | Aug 16, 2013 1:36:27 AM

10. I think the point is, what is this child being taught? What are the expectations of this person going to be when he reaches adulthood? Spending all this money on oneself when an adult is fine, but to spend it on a child? Life isn't one endless party.

I have a relative that I love dearly. He is a recent college graduate. Earlier in life he was the golden child and every wish was catered to. In spite of this spoiling, he's a good person. But he has fallen into depression, started using drugs. It's like watching an episode of Intervention. And who can blame him? He wasn't prepared for the harsh reality of adulthood, everything in the past was easy, and the future must look mighty bleak to him.

I predict that this boy in the video will be in rehab by the age of 25. Much like my young cousin (I hope he will be soon - I don't want to think about the alternative).

Posted by: Chris | Aug 16, 2013 2:17:12 AM

11. It's absolutely unbearable when people moan and complein about people who are well off financially using their money to bring themselves and their children enjoyment.

Posted by: JMC | Aug 16, 2013 4:01:30 AM

12. All Jews have money to burn and then claim to be poor.

Posted by: Nelson | Aug 16, 2013 7:00:56 AM

13. Chris, we may not know what is causing your cousin to have these issues. I was the youngest in my family (several years apart from my siblings, and they treated me like a little prince. Fortunately, it only resulted in me being a picky eater. I hope your cousin gets the help he needs.

Posted by: AngelaChanning | Aug 16, 2013 7:27:27 AM

14. Mixed emotions on this. First, a lot of money was wasted on this. Second, I would have loved to be onstage dancing with them. It looked like a lot of fun.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 16, 2013 8:56:47 AM

15. Shocked at some of the comments on a story about a families celebration and clear acceptance of their gay child.
    Extremely inappropriate antisemitic comments turned my stomach.

Posted by: mickey | Aug 16, 2013 9:12:57 AM

16. I think the kid has b*lls and a good heart to donate the gifts to charity.

Posted by: Alex | Aug 16, 2013 9:25:38 AM

17. Hmmm, I see a career as an Elvis impersonator......

Posted by: MDNC | Aug 16, 2013 9:41:41 AM

18. Ridiculous.

Posted by: reality | Aug 16, 2013 9:42:11 AM

19. wee bit grotesque.

Posted by: Cycledoc | Aug 16, 2013 9:49:34 AM

20. Can't wait for the Big Gay Jewish Wedding video!

Posted by: Brian | Aug 16, 2013 9:55:50 AM

21. Oy vey!

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Aug 16, 2013 10:08:49 AM

22. Umm, Little Kiwi, did you *really* just say that???

Posted by: D.R.H. | Aug 16, 2013 10:16:15 AM

23. First let me say that MarkT had it right and I love your comment.
    Next lavish parties happen all the time. I think these parents are fantastic for giving this boy the freedom to do that on stage in front of all his family and friends. I think it was great use of money if you have that kind of disposable income. I was afraid to dance at a dance at that age. Mazel its awesome.

Posted by: hotbeef801 | Aug 16, 2013 10:27:42 AM

24. and no way was that little Kiwi commenting

Posted by: hotbeef801 | Aug 16, 2013 10:28:33 AM

25. "Coming Out Party"?!?! It's so awkward to see a little boy making a stupid spectacle of himself on a "religious ceremony".

Posted by: Vicente | Aug 16, 2013 10:31:22 AM