Boy George | Music | Music Video | News

Boy George Looks Back at Career in 'King of Everything' Video: WATCH

Boygeorge

Boy George is set to release a new album, This is What I Do, on October 28, but dropped a video and new single on Friday called "King of Everything". The video takes a look back at his various incarnations, arriving at the recent photo above, and a message from Freddie Mercury.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I love Boy George. Such an original. That first video was bold and brilliant. "Do you really want to hurt me?" Love his song "Time" and his lyrics, "everyday is like survival, you're my lover, not my rival."

Posted by: GB | Sep 8, 2013 7:11:00 PM

2. Thank you for this Andy. Like the new song as well.

Posted by: GB | Sep 8, 2013 7:18:33 PM

3. Just another narcissist with more "selfies" than anyone ought to have.

Posted by: thepolarbeast | Sep 8, 2013 7:20:08 PM

4. That was awesome. I remember the very first time I saw him on Bandstand....time has flown by and he still sounds beautiful

Posted by: Geoff M | Sep 8, 2013 7:21:16 PM

5. Cheapness and Beauty is a classic disc. Still listen to it in its entirety every few weeks.

Posted by: QJ201 | Sep 8, 2013 7:57:50 PM

6. he's really handsome. should leave the tweezers and makeup on the bathroom vanity, for my liking. thats just me tho

Posted by: hudson | Sep 8, 2013 8:03:33 PM

7. Lots of fond memories of Boy George. His voice is in fine shape all these years later. Wish him continued success.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Sep 8, 2013 8:22:50 PM

8. When I was little, I watched the "Muppet Babies" cartoon. I swear I saw an episode where baby Gonzo surprised another character and said, "Who were you expecting, Boy George?" The scene didn't lead to a boycott of the cartoon like it would today. No protests. It was just cute in a 1985 sort of way.

Posted by: Hmmm | Sep 8, 2013 8:30:42 PM

9. He sounds terrific but different. I hope his troubled days are behind him. Really, when you think about it, BG, along with some others is lucky to be alive.

Posted by: AngelaChanning | Sep 8, 2013 8:53:00 PM

10. Is God an 80 year old librarian spinster? The whole ‘sex is bad’ thinking is man-made not a message from God. God was specific. Do not lie, do not steal, do not kill, do not covet, honor thy mother and father, treat others as you would like to be treated. It’s the so-called inspired spiritual men who added the ‘sex is yucky’ parts. Lie with woman, Lie with men, Let us know them… is not God speak.

Posted by: Frankie | Sep 8, 2013 9:13:37 PM

11. Sorry, wrong article.

Posted by: Frankie | Sep 8, 2013 9:16:00 PM

12. wow. smiled. got nostalgic, happy that boy george has been an artist in my lifetime.

Posted by: shane | Sep 8, 2013 9:29:33 PM

13. Boy George. 52 now. Good to see that he's still in the game. In the photo he looks better than he has in years. May he continue to prosper now that he's older and wiser.

Posted by: David From Canada | Sep 8, 2013 9:37:07 PM

14. Glad he decided to pull himself together and shed those unsightly pounds. He's looking better than ever. A truly great artist.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Sep 8, 2013 9:52:51 PM

15. Always, Beautiful!

Posted by: BRAINS | Sep 8, 2013 10:07:11 PM

16. Drugs are bad m'ckay.

Posted by: Tristram | Sep 8, 2013 10:26:21 PM

17. All of Boy George's hits came from Culture Club's first two albums plus the later cover version of "The Crying Game." He was in a relationship with a bandmember which was the inspiration for many of the songs. Unfortunately, once the relationship broke up his writing declined which coincided with the band's decline in making innovative music. Boy George's last 6 or so songs have been good. He still has writing talent.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Sep 8, 2013 11:16:13 PM

18. I want the name of his plastic surgeon... Love him and his music.

Posted by: Critifur | Sep 9, 2013 12:02:31 AM

19. he still sounds great and was truly a ground breaker in those days. His voice is incredible: I saw an old video of the "We are the World" Benefit song from 1985 and his brief two lines were belted out 100 times better than any of the other star performers there of that day.

Posted by: jonvincent | Sep 9, 2013 12:10:59 AM

20. You're right, thepolarbeast, he's just another narcissist who hasn't had a tenth of the impact you have had on the popular culture. How do you do it? Maybe you can give him some pointers.

Posted by: Sam | Sep 9, 2013 1:10:39 AM

21. Love it! He opens the door for many other artist to be who they are today. My sincere respect for him! Happy to see him doing well.

Posted by: Josh | Sep 9, 2013 1:23:28 AM

22. Nice to see dear old Georgie got himself back in fighting shape. He's one of the best voices in pop music, and I'm glad he's ready to lay some new material on us. His book, "Take It Like A Man" is one of the best autobiographies I've ever read.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Sep 9, 2013 2:29:16 AM

23. FINALLY we get a new album ! I've been waiting years. He said he would never record again as he had such bad experiences with record labels.
    I was never really a big fan of Culture Club but I do love George's solo work - his 1995 Cheapness & Beauty is incredible.

I wish he hadn't smoked so many cigarettes though - his voice sounds so rough on this new song !

Posted by: Icebloo | Sep 9, 2013 3:31:26 AM

24. He looks amazing and his voice sounds great..love you BG.
    Cheers
    TC

Posted by: Tony C | Sep 9, 2013 3:39:16 AM

25. As much as I love George, I have to cry BS at people praising his having 'aged well'. the retouching here is epic. In reality, since finally losing all the flab, boy George's facial skin is about as taut as a pensioner's scrotum. on top of which, years drugs have left him looking permanently 'less than well rested'. Praise the man, but recognise the damage that years of drug taking, smoking and over eating have taken on his appearance, his health and his god given voice.

Posted by: Tristram | Sep 9, 2013 3:40:55 AM