Boy George | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Boy George Looks Back at Career in 'King of Everything' Video: WATCH

Boygeorge

Boy George is set to release a new album, This is What I Do, on October 28, but dropped a video and new single on Friday called "King of Everything". The video takes a look back at his various incarnations, arriving at the recent photo above, and a message from Freddie Mercury.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow.... what a gorgeous song and nostalgic video. He sounds better than ever, his voice now bringing a maturity and richness to it that I haven't heard before.

Bravo, bravo, bravo!

Posted by: Marc | Sep 9, 2013 3:50:03 AM

2. George has always been a brilliant musician, and contrary to what most folks in the US probably think, never stopped creating music. "Amazing Grace" from a few years ago was wonderful, though it didn't get a full release. (No, it had nothing to do with the christian hymn.)

I do agree with HUDSON that he's handsome, but he's not really my type anyway so I don't care whether he uses makeup or not.

Posted by: sparks | Sep 9, 2013 5:34:59 AM

3. That's Boy George?? Must have cost a small fortune for the plastic surgeon.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 9, 2013 8:00:09 AM

4. Nice. Very nice.

Posted by: MDNC | Sep 9, 2013 11:41:35 AM

5. Boy George made me come out after reading a Rolling Stone interview in 1984 declaring his bisexuality. I will always love him.

And who cares about the unsightly pounds, drug abuse, or plastic surgery. Plenty of people go through those things, just not under a public microscope. He's handled himself with more class than, say, George Michael.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 9, 2013 12:07:21 PM

6. What's there to prove he's had plastic work? I just see a really retouched photo (so what else is new?). Who cares, he was a sweetie in the 80s when I met him, and he is a truly talented chap. His voice still sounds great, and he's looking pretty sexy with the facial hair. A true original, the kind we don't see anymore (who can be original these days anyway). I agree, I'm glad i was part of the generation that kind of grew up with BG and his music.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Sep 9, 2013 4:22:51 PM

7. LOL @ "You're right, thepolarbeast, he's just another narcissist who hasn't had a tenth of the impact you have had on the popular culture. How do you do it? Maybe you can give him some pointers."

Great line, SAM.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 9, 2013 4:32:28 PM

8. Not a fan of Boy George. I don't get the unquestioning adulation of him in the gay community. I think he's a horrible role model. George Michael to me has handled himself with much more grace and class. Everyone seems to forget that Boy George was sent to jail for a shocking violent premeditated crime in which he handcuffed someone to wall like an animal and beat them. Why is that okay, just because the victim was a sex worker? GM never did such an intentionally violent crime yet he is judged much more harshly. I also don't like how Boy George always is so bitchy and puts other people down.
    I think his voice is very damaged now and the song is nothing special. It's very MOR and boring. But I'm sure everyone will disagree with me, Because somehow Boy George is this person who is above criticism in our community just because he wears makeup and a nice hat.

Posted by: Tommy | Sep 9, 2013 5:49:35 PM

9. Fabulous! Absolutely FAB!!!! Inspirational fella and an ICON. Luv u Boy George.

Posted by: Bernadine | Sep 10, 2013 9:56:54 PM

10. Tommy, I don't think George is above criticism - any more than other celebs are that have done bad things (like blinding a man) and people seem to forget about it. In fact, I seem to recall clearly when George was arrested and serving time, some of the vitriol coming from sites just like this one.

He's made some mistakes. I suspect we don't know the whole story about the sex worker and the allegedly stolen material on a computer. I know from first hand experience that there are many people out there that look for any excuse for a payday from a celeb (I used to date a popular singer and saw a lot of this with my own eyes)

I'd always been a fan of Georges, and even though reading his autobiography led me to like him less, (much like I'm finding with Darlene Love right now as I read hers), there's no denying his talent.

Maybe he's changed, perhaps not, but I for one, am glad that he appears to have conquered his personal demons and is recording again. I find that his voice is better than ever and am looking forward to hearing the entire new "album".

Posted by: Kyle | Sep 12, 2013 2:10:49 PM

11. Regarding the blinding of a man I mentioned above, for those that don't know, I was referring to Mark Walberg.

Posted by: Kyle | Sep 12, 2013 2:12:35 PM

12. Tommy, above criticism? I think It´s the other way around, never taken seriously because of his image, make up and yes, his hats. And in the other corner, the homophobes... I think is one of the most talented songwriters alive, so underrated. Boy George is an Icon in the line of Bowie, Mercury and Bono. A true popstar!

Posted by: Niklas | Sep 17, 2013 3:11:32 PM