Cristiano Ronaldo | News | Underwear

Cristiano Ronaldo Helps Out Male Hug-Fan, Drops Pants for New Underwear Line: VIDEO

C_ronaldo

You may recall that back in August, a football fan invaded the pitch in Miami to give Cristiano Ronaldo a long hug and whisper in his ear during the International Champions Cup final. Ronaldo, despite what could have been a dangerous situation, acted graciously.

The fan, an Albanian, was charged with trespass and disorderly conduct and is now threatened with deportation and expulsion from college if the charges are upheld.

Ronaldo has gone out of his way and written a letter to Miami's District Attorney asking for the charges to be dropped, Yahoo Sports reports:

"I understand your position and the importance of enforcing rules and law," Ronaldo wrote in a letter to the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office. "However, I respectfully request that you and your office reconsider this decision and dismiss the two criminal charges this young man faces."

In other Ronaldo news, he's making a splash this week by coming for David Beckham's underwear business with a new line of his own, designed in collaboration with New York-based designer Richard Chai.

Watch an interview with Chai, some more images from the campaign, and the hug video,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Cr7_ronaldo

Interview with Richard Chai about the Ronaldo underwear with some video of the modeling footballer:

Cr_ronaldo

3_ronaldo

Tumblr_mtkfhgIQV61qmhyilo1_500

Comments

1. Tired of this closeted queen.

Posted by: litper | Sep 28, 2013 1:34:45 PM

2. Perfect body but I would have no choice but to sit on that face.

Am I the only one that thinks his face detracts from the overall appeal?

Posted by: MikeBoston | Sep 28, 2013 1:42:24 PM

3. Her queeny face is too disporoptional to that manly body. Just see how much photoshop they used to make her look manly in the first pic.

Posted by: litper | Sep 28, 2013 1:57:05 PM

4. Cristiano has a perfect body, beautiful face and he can play football. Why his pics are so photoshoped? His natural look is enough.

Posted by: Matt27 | Sep 28, 2013 2:02:48 PM

5. @MikeBoston: Yes

@litper: I love him, as he is. It's the dichotomy between his body/athleticism and his face that makes him so compelling.

Posted by: James in Toronto | Sep 28, 2013 2:04:25 PM

6. All this talk about Ronaldo's looks. He's not my visual cup of tea either, but so what? There's obviously more to this man than just his looks and we should acknowledge that. I think we should be praising him for his extraordinary gesture on behalf of a fan who faces expulsion and deportation.

Posted by: rroberts | Sep 28, 2013 2:23:37 PM

7. I really like who he is...but that pic is so air brused that he looks like a cartoon.

Posted by: Stephen | Sep 28, 2013 2:36:16 PM

8. Agreed, Stephen. Another very classy act by Ronaldo. I'd still like to know what this young Albanian man said to Ronaldo while he was hugging him, not to mention why he thought this was ok to do.

Posted by: JohnAGJ | Sep 28, 2013 2:57:19 PM

9. Man - You guys are mean.

Posted by: Donald | Sep 28, 2013 3:25:28 PM

10. I think he is beautiful, but the styling for the underwear ads makes him look cold, plastic and unerotic.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Sep 28, 2013 3:45:23 PM

11. It's the over groomed eyebrows. Otherwise, he's gorg.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Sep 28, 2013 3:47:45 PM

12. Hawt and classy......

Posted by: Ankerich | Sep 28, 2013 3:56:29 PM

13. Oh, he's OK if you like them tall, dark and handsome.

Posted by: Mastik8 | Sep 28, 2013 3:57:26 PM

14. I'd tap it.

Posted by: gb | Sep 28, 2013 4:08:29 PM

15. Hating with a hardon I call it.

Posted by: Gee | Sep 28, 2013 4:20:42 PM

16. What incompetent photographer did that to him?

Posted by: skepticalcicada | Sep 28, 2013 4:33:46 PM

17. I know this might sound harsh but Cristiano looks like he's been drained of his masculinity by a feminine gay male who hates masculinity. Where is the body hair, for instance?

Posted by: adrenan p | Sep 28, 2013 5:11:16 PM

18. Judgmental queens. Suck in your guts, ladies.

Posted by: Mikey | Sep 28, 2013 5:16:55 PM

19. I wonder what was whispered...

Posted by: Pookie | Sep 28, 2013 5:17:25 PM

20. The fact that he hugged the kid back was a class act. As for all of you guys who were quick with jabs... he has more class in his belly button lint then you will have in a life time. And for you to complain about an imcompetent photographer... shut up and show us what you can do besides foam at the mouth or what ever oriface you foam from!

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin the bleacher Preacher | Sep 28, 2013 6:05:41 PM

21. He's gorgeous and wildly successful. I'll bet his detractors here would give anything to look like him. As for me, all I need is one night with him.

Posted by: Ken | Sep 28, 2013 6:31:06 PM

22. I'm sorry but Cristiano is a mega-rich corporate sportsman. He has little, if any, connection to you and me. I'm so sick of how gay men worship corporate types. Gay blogs are especially to blame for this.

Besides, what has Cristiano ever done for gay rights? Has he ever marched? Doubt it.

Oh, and his package looks tiny.

Posted by: adrenan p | Sep 28, 2013 6:32:46 PM

23. He has done everything aginst gay rights in football by staying in the closet.

Posted by: litper | Sep 28, 2013 6:48:56 PM

24. Seriously, Jerry? "foam at the mouth or what ever oriface [sic] you foam from"? Wow, please check yourself into the nearest psychiatric hospital. You appear to be a threat to yourself and others.

Posted by: skepticalcicada | Sep 28, 2013 7:07:21 PM

25. An almost unbelievably stupid bunch of errors

Christiano is transformed into a made up mannequin, almost a woman, in the photo. Reminds me of the old fashioned idealization old queens tried to put on me 45 years ago.
    The damn underwear is baggy in the crotch on him, besides the fact that it is overstyled and not sexy.

Beckham's ads are sexy, this is Zombie Underwear.

Posted by: Bob | Sep 28, 2013 8:09:31 PM