Daniel Radcliffe | Film | Toronto

BigGayDeal.com

Daniel Radcliffe Banned from Manscaping for Gay Sex Scene - VIDEO

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 10.54.02 AM

In his role as Allen Ginsburg in the soon-to-be-released Kill Your Darlings, Daniel Radcliffe was banned by the director from manscaping in order to preserve the natural aesthetic of the 1940s. Director John Krokidas was in Toronto to premier the film at the Toronto International Film Festival last week when he sat down with The Daily Extra, to discuss the hairy details.

Radcliffe also spoke about the gay sex scene, and all the attention it's been getting, with MTV at the Sundance Film Festival:

"It's interesting that it's deemed shocking," Radcliffe said. "For me, there's something very strange about that because we see straight sex scenes all the time. We've seen gay sex scenes before. I don't know why a gay sex scene should be any more shocking than a straight sex scene. Or both of them are equally un-shocking."

Watch the interview, with clips from the film, AFTER THE JUMP...

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 10.52.20 AM

Comments

1. So if seen it's gonna look terribly small.

Posted by: Fenrox | Sep 10, 2013 2:12:22 PM

2. @Fenrox: He's done full frontal onstage in London and NY, so this isn't new.

Re: manscaping generally - it should always be banned. Think of the poor pubic louse - its loosing a home.

Posted by: Alan | Sep 10, 2013 5:46:16 PM

3. Harry Potter's hairy peter?

Posted by: JWL | Sep 10, 2013 6:05:26 PM

4. Think of the children, I mean the pubic louse, it's endangered.

Posted by: bollox | Sep 10, 2013 7:16:11 PM

5. If only we could ban extreme manscaping in the rest of the male population!

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 10, 2013 10:35:17 PM

6. I saw him in Equus on Broadway. Yes, he was naked. Yes, it was an incredible performance in a most intense play. Yes, he is quite nice to look at but in the context of the play, the nudity seemed perfectly natural and appropriate. At least as natural as it could be for the actor that played Harry Potter to be naked on stage in front of a theater full of people.

Posted by: Larry | Sep 11, 2013 12:49:02 AM

7. This film looks incredible and that cast is superb. I'm incredibly psyched! And who gives a toss about manscaping or not.... that's so not the point of the this film, or at least, it's certainly nothing I care about in deciding whether or not to see this.... and after that trailer, I'm sold.

And Elizabeth Olsen! God, I love her. One of the best up-and-coming actresses of this generation. She's brilliant.

Posted by: Marc | Sep 11, 2013 2:40:00 AM

8. I'd be cool with banning all manscaping except in extreme cases.

Posted by: Daniel | Sep 11, 2013 11:44:27 AM

9. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about manscaping. I totally get the director's decision to forbid Radcliffe from getting it done. It really would wreck the 1940s aesthetic for the film for sure.

Posted by: manscaping | Sep 18, 2013 5:58:36 PM