Detox, Willam, and Vicky Vox Celebrate Amanda Bynes in 'Blurred Lines' Parody: VIDEO

Blurredbynes

Drag girl group DWV (Detox, Willam, and Vicky Vox) celebrate the mess that is Amanda Bynes in this Robin Thicke "Blurred Lines" send-up that comes complete with its own set of teddy bears.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Bear

Comments

1. I like this so much better than the original.

Posted by: hugo | Sep 11, 2013 3:14:55 PM

2. Isn't she currently being treated for a mental illness? Why is this funny?

Posted by: enough | Sep 11, 2013 3:20:01 PM

3. Slightly less witless than the original. Also, mocking people with mental illness isn't funny - it's tacky.

Posted by: sundayboy | Sep 11, 2013 3:21:56 PM

4. hilarious!

Posted by: mikep | Sep 11, 2013 3:22:31 PM

5. Amanda Bynrs is faking the entire thing for publicity, so yeah it's funny.

Posted by: JWL | Sep 11, 2013 3:39:03 PM

6. Amanda Bynes is involuntarily in a phsyc ward for 3 months.Yea sooooo fake.

Posted by: James | Sep 11, 2013 4:04:47 PM

7. Amanda Bynes is involuntarily in a phsyc ward for 3 months.Yea sooooo fake.

Posted by: James | Sep 11, 2013 4:04:47 PM

8. I've suffered mental health issues my entire adult life and no, it's no joke and I feel for Amanda but this video is f-cking hilarious and so is everything these guys do.

I'm always accused of taking life so seriously and not being able to take a joke but it's only when the joke isn't funny and comes from a place of ignorance or hate that it gets me riled up. This is a case of being able to get away with almost anything if it's funny enough. I especially love Willam, a really cool dude and f-cking fantastic queen who makes fun of himself as much as anyone else.

You should check out his Beatdown vids on "The Stylish" YouTube channel. I watched all 19 in one go. Couldn't stop laughing.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Sep 11, 2013 4:16:09 PM

9. If I worked in A/R for a label, I'd sign these ladies stat. I would love to see them become pop stars singing their own songs at the VMAs. That would make life so much more awesome.

Posted by: Stenar | Sep 11, 2013 4:22:34 PM

10. Didn't Britney have her "psych issues" to get herself declared "mentally incompetant" so that she could get out of a very bad management contract that she had signed? Has Amanda recently made any bad business decisions?

Posted by: mikeflower | Sep 11, 2013 4:29:58 PM

11. Mocking mentally ill people is really not in good taste. As LGBT people are often the target of lazy discrimination of this kind, we really should know better, no matter how humorous the presentation.

Posted by: Mundus | Sep 11, 2013 4:41:53 PM

12. Loved it...although I don't understand what it's about. I guess I could google.

Are they based out of New York or LA?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 11, 2013 4:42:12 PM

13. @ Derrick From Philly, they're LA Queens.

Posted by: Joel V | Sep 11, 2013 4:45:19 PM

14. @Derek - Willam's actually from Philly but I guess he lives in LA now. All 3 of them go on the road and perform major cities (including NYC) regularly from what I understand.

@Mundus - If you believe this is in poor taste, I respect your opinion. I wouldn't call it lazy though. What they're mocking is Amanda's actions over the last year or two and the whole thing was documented by countless bloggers and gossip rags; the wigs, the twitter rants, the drugs, the dog. This video was well crafted and took a lot of work. So not lazy. It's not like they said "Amanda Bynes is a loon! Haha!". I think it's important to laugh about our misfortunes sometimes and although Amanda didn't ask for whatever diagnosis she has, she can't blame every crazy action on her illness and we shouldn't either. You have to know there is a unique person with a unique personality along with the crazy. I hear she may have schizophrenia, which she will always have if that's the case. I bet she wouldn't want to be identified solely by her disease and she would probably get a kick out of this vid.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Sep 11, 2013 5:21:01 PM

15. Love it! Vocally and conceptually, better than the original.

And queens, get off the soap box please. Comedians have a LONG history of poking fun at celebrities' troubles, real or imagined. This is a comic singing group, albeit it a talented one. Deal with it or don't watch it, up to you, just spare us the negativity.

Posted by: sparks | Sep 11, 2013 5:26:25 PM

16. Eh, it might be funnier if it were more intelligible. Slurred Lines is more descriptive. Plus, I share the view that making fun of the behavior of people suffering from mental illness isn't very funny, no matter how much work goes into it, or how well they sing.

To be honest, I do think these guys are pretty talented singers, but their "comedy?"All they are is mean (not intending to quote Tay Tay, but if the pump fits...)

Posted by: dws | Sep 11, 2013 6:16:17 PM

17. I think it's great that this is the first comment thread I've participated in, in a long time, where even though we disagree, it hasn't dissolved into mindless bitching and trolling.

I say this but then someone will say "Why are we equating trannies/drag queens with gay? Why is the T attached to LGBT? Why do we as gay men worship women or the iconography of women? Why can't men be men?" and so on and so forth...

Posted by: Jack Ford | Sep 11, 2013 6:40:05 PM

18. @JOEL V - LA Queens? Oh I'm sorry and your city is famous for.....oh yeah that's right "Cheese Steaks". Have a seat ma'am!!!!

Posted by: We Set Standards | Sep 11, 2013 6:46:01 PM

19. @ WSS: Philly is also famous for a little something often referred to as the birth of our nation, having been the place where Declaration of Independence was completed and signed. You may have noticed that we tend to celebrate that once a year. It is also where the U.S. Constitution was written and signed. It was the seat of the federal government. Historically speaking, there would be no USA if there were no Philly and, as a result, no LA. Just as there would be no Towleroad if there were no Sally Field. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE LA! But take a history class little boy.

Posted by: Harold | Sep 11, 2013 7:51:58 PM

20. Loved this.

Posted by: Rocco | Sep 11, 2013 8:32:39 PM

21. @Harold - the stupid thing is Joel never said he was from Philly. WSS got mixed up because Joel was talking to Derek from Philly. The fact is they are queens in LA; LA queens. I don't know what WSS's problem is but I happen to love cheesesteak.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Sep 11, 2013 8:37:58 PM

22. mental illness is not funny.
    being a celebrity with mental illness is.
    and that's that.

Posted by: Eddie | Sep 11, 2013 8:59:11 PM

23. Funny and well-made.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Sep 12, 2013 1:29:20 AM

24. She called RuPaul "ugly" and this is what she gets back. Never offend icons like him missy.

Posted by: nana | Sep 12, 2013 4:07:04 AM