Food and Drink | News

Food Pronunciation with a Flirtatious Shirtless Dude: VIDEO

Proscuttio

Hey babe, you want to stay in tonight and work on our pronunciation of prosciutto?

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ladies and Gentlemen, dumb gender parity has been achieved!

Posted by: yuninv | Sep 20, 2013 8:40:41 AM

2. Information for the ignorant masses; all wrapped up in a most pretty package. Nicely - and wryly - done...

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Sep 20, 2013 8:57:07 AM

3. I wish someone would tell the actors on "Big Bang Theory" how to pronounce "coitus" correctly. Drives me nuts when they try to be clever with words like that...and then mispronounce it.

Posted by: Myackie | Sep 20, 2013 9:26:56 AM

4. I am mildly offended by his assumption that I mispronounce these "foods".

(Is cognac food, by the way?)

Posted by: stingo | Sep 20, 2013 9:34:16 AM

5. Ah, now we have food pronunciation police working along side the internet grammar police. Live, study, or work where your native language is not the language spoken and you'll discover that being able to communicate trumps such purism.

Posted by: Mitch | Sep 20, 2013 10:50:06 AM

6. @ MYACKIE - I assumed that the mispronunciation was part of the joke.

Posted by: Mike in the tundra | Sep 20, 2013 11:24:37 AM

7. It's actually "shar-coo-tree" -- pronounce it like the French do because, well, it's an effin' French word.

Posted by: mike | Sep 20, 2013 11:30:59 AM

8. hehe

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Sep 20, 2013 12:27:55 PM

9. Heheh, we had a new waitress once who could not pronounce "proscuitto," even though she had to say it over and over that morning when describing the breakfast specials. We had a great time with her, and encouraged her to pronounce it right by thinking of what's inside the tip of a well-paid athlete's footwear. Didn't work.

In good spirits which I'm sure she understood, we wrote PRO-SHOE-TOE on the check we paid. So of course, I laughed and laughed when that one came up unexpectedly while I was watching Mr. Cutie in this video for completely other reasons.

Posted by: Zlick | Sep 20, 2013 12:59:20 PM

10. Most of these foods are usually pronounced correctly, at least in my social circles. There were only like one or two that I noticed get mispronounced a lot. He's cute though, so whatever. Teach me more.

Posted by: Luke | Sep 20, 2013 1:16:11 PM

11. He belongs on a toilet. But would that look cute enough, babe?

Posted by: Josh | Sep 20, 2013 1:35:59 PM

12. who mispronounces endive?

Posted by: Timothy Kincaid | Sep 20, 2013 1:43:38 PM

13. to-may-toe to-mah-toe show me your penis

Posted by: dumbnhung | Sep 20, 2013 3:16:07 PM

14. Other than Jim Parsons' Texas accent, exactly how is "coitus" being mispronounced on BBT?

Posted by: Rrhain | Sep 20, 2013 4:06:37 PM

15. it is not pronounced Coy-Tus...it is correctly pronounced co-it-us...look it up if you don't believe me

Posted by: Myackie | Sep 21, 2013 1:10:06 AM