Burning Man | Gay Marriage Proposal | Gay Wedding | News

Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Derek and Robert

Derek

Derek proposed to his boyfriend Robert with a flash mob at Burning Man at the end of August, featuring the fiancé's favorite dance music, rehearsals at camps on the playa, white costumes, and choreography. He then proposed to Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night".

The camera needs a bit of stabilizing (well, more than a bit) but you get the idea.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Don't miss our other recent Gay Marriage Proposal videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Johnny and Sebastian [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Adam and Nathaniel [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Danielle and Her Girlfriend [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Carl and Andrew [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Shaun and Michael [tlrd]

Bman2

Comments

1. Mazel Tov!

Posted by: gerry | Sep 11, 2013 2:09:51 PM

2. I think I'm rolling just watching that vid :)

Posted by: freddy | Sep 11, 2013 2:27:47 PM

3. I don't understand the obsession people have with videotaping every aspect of their lives (especially something as personal as a marriage proposal) and posting on the web for everyone to see. I guess that is society's current need for 15 minutes of fame.

Posted by: Zack | Sep 11, 2013 2:30:20 PM

4. Best. Use. Of. "Strangers In The Night." EVER!!!!!! :) I'm so happy now.

Posted by: Dback | Sep 11, 2013 2:30:56 PM

5. Congrats Derek!

Posted by: Critifur | Sep 11, 2013 2:32:56 PM

6. @Zack, I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!! Thank you for saying this. Yes, these videos are cute, and we all say "aww" but seriously, if my boyfriend tried to videotape if he proposed to me and posted it all over the internet, I'd say no. These are private, intimate moments that are not private nor intimate anymore. Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OINa46HeWg8

Posted by: Luke | Sep 11, 2013 2:36:49 PM

7. THAT was WAAAAAY too long!

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 11, 2013 2:46:48 PM

8. Didn't we just see a marriage proposal yesterday & the day before?

We love positive gay propaganda, but this is too much. Do one marriage proposal a week & weed out all the mediocre ones. Thanks.

Posted by: will | Sep 11, 2013 3:12:33 PM

9. This isn't just a marriage proposal, but a historical event. Not everyone can be as open about their love as these two are here. The world needs to know and see that love like theirs is real.

Posted by: Jackie | Sep 11, 2013 3:55:13 PM

10. I meant "cool" and alternative.

Posted by: Jim | Sep 11, 2013 4:17:06 PM

11. Cute couple. best wishes to them.

Posted by: Rafael | Sep 11, 2013 4:23:56 PM

12. @Jackie: I suppose technically it is historical, since it took place in the past. It is by no means historic, however.

Posted by: Scott | Sep 11, 2013 6:32:06 PM

13. At least there's no mexicanos in this one!

*elegant curtsy*

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 11, 2013 7:23:38 PM

14. If I spent as much time working on my own crippling insecurities as I do posting racist comments under Little Kiwi's name maybe I'd have had a boyfriend by now.....

Posted by: Kiwi's Stalker | Sep 11, 2013 7:35:08 PM

15. Oh heck. They're VERY happy. The world needs more of that. And...thank you for stabilizing the camera when the butt crack started showing. Historic! Fantasstic!

Posted by: pickles | Sep 12, 2013 12:40:10 AM

16. That guy Derek made breeding videos. Lots of them. But he was on Truvada, so it's all good. Guess he's settled now? Good for him.

Posted by: sfmd | Sep 12, 2013 3:19:53 AM

17. I wish you continued love and happiness, Derek and Robert.

Posted by: Carlos | Sep 12, 2013 4:30:32 AM

18. The fake KIWI posts are as satisfying as justice.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 12, 2013 9:13:15 AM

19. @SFMD: Got links? I mean, just for authenticity's sake, not for any prurient reasons.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 12, 2013 9:58:51 AM

20. @Steve I think he took them down. He mainly topped in them.

Posted by: SFMD | Sep 12, 2013 12:24:06 PM

21. Too bad about the videos. He's cute. Wouldn't have minded seeing that at all.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 12, 2013 1:14:01 PM

22. Apparantly you tube and you guys are not very good at looking closer, VERY NICE Mr. Top Hat.

Posted by: Fenrox | Sep 12, 2013 1:43:03 PM

23. I honestly wish them much love and happiness. And I'm thrilled that they are able to get married legally in California (I think they are SF boys). But whenever I see one of these flash mob proposals--be it a straight couple or a gay couple--all I can think is that the person proposing has taken what should have been one of the most intimate, personal moments between the 2 people and turned it into a production involving dozens of friends and/or strangers. To me, that speaks to a lack of intimacy in the relationship. It also makes me wonder about the degree of narcissism present in the personality structure of the proposer. However, I truly and sincerely wish them much happiness. And I am very much looking forward to seeing the honeymoon breeding video posted on xtube.

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 12, 2013 3:16:26 PM

24. Here a better video of the event!

Posted by: Ricky H | Sep 12, 2013 10:08:45 PM