Gay Marriage Proposal | News

Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Spencer and Dustin

Homedepot1

Not your normal trip to the hardware store:

Dustin arrived at the Home Depot in Salt Lake City thinking he was there to help his roommate pick out some lighting for a party. When he was taken to the lumber aisle, what he found waiting for him was a mob of friends and family as his marriage proposal unfolded to the song, "Somebody Loves You" by Betty Who.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Don't miss our other recent Gay Marriage Proposal videos...
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Derek and Robert [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Johnny and Sebastian [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Adam and Nathaniel [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Danielle and Her Girlfriend [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Carl and Andrew [tlrd]

Homedepot2

Comments

1. These videos make me cringe. I would flee the scene. But I am happy for them!

Posted by: Tonez | Sep 12, 2013 8:00:20 PM

2. Cute...

And is it crude to say that the man being proposed to has a nice bottom? :P

Posted by: John | Sep 12, 2013 8:07:36 PM

3. This might just be the best one yet! And John, I don't think it's crude. I thought the same thing. LOL

Posted by: Jimbo | Sep 12, 2013 8:10:53 PM

4. This is happening in Salt Lake City.

It's unstoppable.

Posted by: Woah | Sep 12, 2013 8:13:57 PM

5. @TONEZ I know, it's super cute but I would be dying from awkwardness.

Posted by: Agog | Sep 12, 2013 8:16:04 PM

6. Well...geez! I'm just a mess. This is what we've been trying to do... have a public acknowledgement with family and friends involved. What a lucky guy this fellow is to have such a loving group of people around him...and...in the stronghold of Mormonism to boot. How wonderful for the both of them.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Sep 12, 2013 8:17:01 PM

7. Oh dear, and just as AFA lifted it's boycott on Home Depot.

Posted by: Craig | Sep 12, 2013 8:20:51 PM

8. No more attention needy that most straight coupling activity .... so happy for them.

Posted by: rjp3 | Sep 12, 2013 8:31:02 PM

9. I LOVE gay youtube flashmob proposals!

Always makes me cry a bit.

Posted by: fanboi | Sep 12, 2013 8:43:06 PM

10. Adorable.

Posted by: Chuy | Sep 12, 2013 8:49:27 PM

11. If my BF proposed like that at the lumber aisle of the local Home Depot, he would not find it a good thing that the two by fours are conveniently close to me since I'd likely whack him upside the head with one. Seriously, this is supposed to be romantic? Is that really how you want to remember being proposed to? With all the beautiful locations in the mountains surrounding SLC, he decided "I'm going to propose at the lumber aisle of Home Depot"?

Posted by: Craig | Sep 12, 2013 9:06:15 PM

12. Very very gay....but that isn't a bad thing! Congrats to Spencer and Dustin. Glad to see they have the support and love of their family. And how about that boycott of Home Depot that was just rescinded. Sure doesn't seem to have worked out for the haters.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Sep 12, 2013 9:08:43 PM

13. We just get engaged better than anybody else.

Posted by: Bart | Sep 12, 2013 9:10:10 PM

14. I get that I am old and bitter...But whats with all these song and dance and flash mob proposals? It's too much of a show for me..Contrived..Not to mention awkward for anyone else coming along.. I'd keep mine private. just the two of us.

Posted by: gina | Sep 12, 2013 9:15:50 PM

15. yes GINA - when its your turn , you can keep it keep private.

Posted by: AndyTowlette | Sep 12, 2013 9:18:24 PM

16. I'm ready to see a big flashy videotaped production number after which the ask-ee rejects the proposal.

Posted by: Marty | Sep 12, 2013 9:18:26 PM

17. @Gina, as you said it's not for you. The video couples is doing it for themselves, for their families and their friends. It's not the Olympic event waiting for your score.

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | Sep 12, 2013 9:19:51 PM

18. I would spend even more time in Home Depot than I already do if I knew that there might be a loving flashmob event like that about to be sprung! Congratulations, guys, on finding each other and having such a great gang of friends and family celebrate you in such a lovingly silly way!!! @Craig, not to worry....don't think you will ever be put in that situation...

Posted by: Chazwm | Sep 12, 2013 9:22:12 PM

19. I'm still trying to figure out the vertical striped shirt with the window-pane checked shorts.

Posted by: anon | Sep 12, 2013 9:23:11 PM

20. What WOODROAD34 wrote!

Posted by: Bob | Sep 12, 2013 9:24:42 PM

21. Wow! Dustin's got a keeper, awesome family and friends, AND a great bottom! Best wishes.

Posted by: deke | Sep 12, 2013 9:27:22 PM

22. Yeah it's good for them etc etc., but there's something a little.... less romantic about having a camera crew and doing it at a home improvement store.

Posted by: JJ | Sep 12, 2013 9:31:10 PM

23. How's that Home Depot boycott working out for you, Tony Perkins?

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 12, 2013 9:31:57 PM

24. Now I see why no one wanted us gays to have access to marriage. A straight guy used to be able to save 3 months salary, buy a ring, and make a reservation at a nice restaurant. How are they expected to pull off choreography, secretly gathering 40 of your closest friends & family, and acquiring the rights to play copyrighted music in a public place?

Posted by: Bastian | Sep 12, 2013 9:40:59 PM

25. I was prepared to be underwhelmed, so jaded am I, but I choked up when mom and dad, presumably his siblings, nephews, future in-laws appeared. Awesome they have that support, and as a previous commenter said in SLC no less. Yes the momentum of progress is unstoppable. Congrats to the couple, I wish them many years of wedded bliss.

Posted by: ian | Sep 12, 2013 9:43:02 PM