Brokeback Mountain | Heath Ledger | I'm Not Gay | Jake Gyllenhaal | News

Jake Gyllenhaal: 'It's a Huge Compliment' People Think I'm Gay —VIDEO

Jake_gyllenhaal

On an episode of Inside the Actors Studio set to air at 8 pm on September 19, Jake Gyllenhaal addresses rumors that he's gay, and says he misses Heath Ledger every day.

Bravo writes:

"Heath and I knew each other for years before that because we had both auditioned for Moulin Rouge together," Gyllenhaal says. After experiencing Ledger's brash, loose sense of humor in person, "I remember thinking, 'I like this guy.' He's just like, super lovable," Gyllenhaal recalls. He later admits Ledger's death hit him extremely hard: "It felt like losing a family member, and it still does to this day."

Gyllenhaal also addresses the gay rumors that came following Brokeback, but he says he wasn't rattled. (That portion of the interview will be featured in the full episode.) In fact, "It's a huge compliment," he says. And as for what turns him on, Jake says his tastes are simple: "Tits and ass."

Watch a brief preview clip of the interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I am over these type of posts and responses from supporters of the lgbt community. "A huge compliment" ? Huh? I love that he supports the community - but if people assumed I were straight and I was approached about it- My response would not be - its a huge compliment . . . .I huge compliment is the response to " the gay community thinks you are hot as hell"

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 13, 2013 11:15:05 AM

2. Why should he think that people regarding him a closet case is a compliment?

Being a closet case is an appalling thing to be.

Jake Gyllenhaal has dated professional beard Taylor Swift.

Just saying.

Posted by: MaryM | Sep 13, 2013 11:17:01 AM

3. ANDREW, how has he supported?? What has he done? Funded? Or attended?

Posted by: Rowan | Sep 13, 2013 11:23:23 AM

4. One assumes he means he took it as a compliment on his acting ability in Brokeback Mountain. Since we can't see the quote in context, it's silly to get your panties in a twist about it. (Yes, that pun was intended.)

Posted by: mogrill | Sep 13, 2013 11:30:43 AM

5. Gays need to grow lives already...

Posted by: Ankerich | Sep 13, 2013 11:31:14 AM

6. It's actually hate speech.....

Posted by: Ankerich | Sep 13, 2013 11:34:36 AM

7. "Gays need to grow lives already..." - Ankerich

We'd love to but aholes like you keep trying their damned best to stop us from having one. :D

Posted by: guzzler | Sep 13, 2013 11:39:52 AM

8. I'm quite sure the gay rumours were there before Brokeback. If that movie is responsible for the rumours, why didn't the follow Heath Ledger? He sets off my Gaydar and I can't remember him having sexual chemistry with an actress, just like I can't remember Jodie Foster having sexual chemistry with an actor.

Posted by: Claude | Sep 13, 2013 11:50:26 AM

9. wow. tough room.

one wonders what he could have said that would have garnered no bitchy comments on here. sheesh.

Posted by: The Milkman | Sep 13, 2013 11:54:58 AM

10. He has never looked better, and that's saying A LOT! He's is off-the-charts smokin' hot!

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Sep 13, 2013 12:00:45 PM

11. @Mogrill: I would agree with you. The writing does specify the rumors circulating after Brokeback. The story line and script excellent and the acting believable. That the movie and acting would inspire... ahem... questions would be a compliment.

Posted by: William | Sep 13, 2013 12:01:52 PM

12. Considering these "blind items" that are the source of many of these a rumors usually turn out true, like Wentworth Miller and others, for example, the lady doth protest too much, methinks. Toothy-tile, come out, come out, wherever you are.

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Sep 13, 2013 12:05:30 PM

13. HIS CLOSET IS SOOOO BIG IT CAN FIT A TAYLOR SWIFT AND WHAT'S HER NAME ! THAT'S REALLY BIG GUISE.

Posted by: okdokey | Sep 13, 2013 12:20:44 PM

14. I hate this frickin' website. Queens flock on to tell everybody that each and every cute heterosexual actor (or athlete) is in fact a CLOSET CASE. And we (apparently) are so needy and insecure we need to hear about each and every thing a staight actor says that reflects positively on us. We need to be stroked, like poor mental cases.

Posted by: will | Sep 13, 2013 12:34:07 PM

15. Hey Will,

I guess it's time to join some anti-gay nazi skinhead death squad huh?

Posted by: okdokey | Sep 13, 2013 12:56:52 PM

16. Will, I agree with your last part but use your brains-comments re this closet case were based BEFORE Brokeback as is said here.

I can see what you mean but it's not the case with people where the rumors have been going on for at least a decade.

Anyway, I loathe Jakey G now, so don't care.

Posted by: Rowan | Sep 13, 2013 12:57:10 PM

17. To each his own, but I love Jake still.

Posted by: Tom | Sep 13, 2013 1:01:28 PM

18. You know what guys? I'm smelling a tedious and predictable trend here-first Franco, then Cowell, now Jakey......how about we start counting how many famous closet cases are gonna use the 'I wish I was gay' line??

Wentworth being forgiven for lying about being gay has opened a can of worms! They'll all wait until they are 40 now, so far now, this pr BS is what we will get!

Posted by: Rowan | Sep 13, 2013 1:01:30 PM

19. And then we wonder why straight men don't want to come out as an Ally; why would you? I wouldn't want to deal with the snarky trolls on the right wing sites who are going to call me gay or the trolls on the gay sites that are going to call me gay.

Posted by: AntiTrolls | Sep 13, 2013 1:27:48 PM

20. @Claude
    why didn't they follow Heath Ledger?

Easy . Because Heath knocked up Michelle William pretty much on the mountain.

Posted by: aki | Sep 13, 2013 1:38:06 PM

21. Claude, the gay rumors didn't follow Heath because he was f***ing Michelle Williams, his on screen wife in Brokeback, with whom he had a kid. Just a thought.

Posted by: Fancy | Sep 13, 2013 1:39:46 PM

22. This would be a surprise to a friend who has since passed that Jake slept with. My friend was required to sign a confidentiality agreement first but I see no reason to honor that since he's gone. I hope this new movie with Jackman burns in flames for all the recent press. I mean really, don't they both have enough money to never work again and be able to live really well for the rest of their lives?

Posted by: Countervail | Sep 13, 2013 1:43:02 PM

23. That's odd, I guess when he checked me out in Chelsea he was digging my tits.

Posted by: Mark | Sep 13, 2013 3:12:08 PM

24. yeah, I love MAN tits and ass too, Jake, you're not alone!

Posted by: litper | Sep 13, 2013 5:03:25 PM

25. Mr Gyllenhaal is a handsome talented actor- a movie star I never get tired of watching except in the boring "Prince of Persia". He can convincingly pull of the straight leading man roles- what ever he does in his private bedroom is his business.

Posted by: jarago | Sep 13, 2013 5:25:49 PM