Daniel Radcliffe | Film | News

Daniel Radcliffe Struts Out an American Accent in First 'Horns' Clip: VIDEO

Radcliffe

The most startling thing about this first clip from Horns isn't that Daniel Radcliffe is looking down the barrel of a rifle, or that he's got two horns protruding from his forehead. It's hearing him speak in that American accent.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It really is jarring hearing him speak that way.

Posted by: basquewolf | Sep 10, 2013 9:31:56 AM

2. I'm looking forward to this movie. The book by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son) is actually pretty good. The Daniel Radcliffe character is suspected by everyone in town of having murdered his girlfriend. One morning he wakes up and he's started to grow horns, which cause people to tell him their deepest, darkest secrets and wishes. If he gives his permission they will act on them.

Posted by: Caliban | Sep 10, 2013 9:31:56 AM

3. He's even hot with an American accent. Should be a good film, the book was great.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 10, 2013 9:34:53 AM

4. I'm with Caliban. The book was great (some really daring and exciting writing) so am looking forward to the movie very much. And who doesn't love Daniel Radcliffe?!

Posted by: jefflrich | Sep 10, 2013 9:36:31 AM

5. @Jack M – hotter!

Posted by: rascal | Sep 10, 2013 10:14:45 AM

6. Yeah I read that book too. It was pretty great. If anyone is interested Joe Hill's latest book N0S4A2 is even better and far scarier.

Posted by: AJ | Sep 10, 2013 10:53:56 AM

7. Wow - it makes me realize how good an actor he is.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 10, 2013 10:58:09 AM

8. Holy mackerel. That is NOT the way Daniel Radcliffe is supposed to speak! And I think it's great that he has successfully moved beyond Harry Potter to do all these interesting projects. I saw him in EQUUS on B'way and he was great, but she show was suddenly dated.

Posted by: Jim | Sep 10, 2013 11:43:02 AM

9. Daniel Radcliffe is one incredible actor, a tremendous personality and so spectacularly pleasing to the eyes I cannot imagine him NOT being able to do any role he desires. I'm looking forward to this film.

Posted by: Bob R | Sep 10, 2013 12:08:22 PM

10. He sounds great. Looking forward to Ginsberg film.

Posted by: KO | Sep 10, 2013 12:18:40 PM

11. Wow. He's great. I'm convinced...and I'm pretty picky about accents, having flirted with acting myself.

Posted by: Geoff | Sep 10, 2013 2:15:48 PM

12. Not bad - in fact it's good.

Posted by: enough | Sep 10, 2013 2:52:34 PM

13. That accent was pretty decent! He even seems to lower his voice a bit when he does it which only adds to the allure.

Posted by: Princely | Sep 10, 2013 3:05:45 PM