Niagara Falls Church Pro-Gay Sign Goes Viral

Anglican church

"Jesus had two dads and he turned out just fine!”

This is the message on the marquee for St. John’s Anglican Church in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The photo of the church went viral this week after being posted to Reddit, receiving an almost even split of upvotes and downvotes (16k to 14k, respectively).

Referring to Jesus' earthly father Joseph and divine father God, the church's rector Lynne Marchant said,

I don’t find it offensive in any way. We have people in our congregation who are homosexual. We are an all-inclusive church, a family. No one cares what your sexuality is. Come on in, we don’t see any difference.

Comments

1. simon says

I said it before. Actually this bastard had 3 fathers. He lied about it because her mother had pre-marital sex with another man which could get herself killed in those times.

2. Bernie says

how fantastic is this !!! A church with a sense of humor and positive message…..I am betting some of those Christian right wingers are having a cow or a bird!

3. reddit says

It’s worth noting that reddit uses a vote fuzzing strategy to trick spambots, and most downvotes for content that makes the front page (usually displayed as +1500 upvotes) is much more heavily upvoted than it appears. A post with a 50/50 real 50/50 split would not become popular enough.

4. Pookie says

I do not wonder at all why it has taken us so long, and will undoubtedly take us yet longer, to secure our equality, when I read the typical haters remarks about religion and religious people who sacrifice and support us, here.

Congratulations, YOU are why so many of us suffer injustice and inequality.

5. danswon says

I appreciate her kind words, she’s clearly an innately good person. That doesn’t change the fact that Christianity, like all religion, is ridiculous evil nonsense that should be stamped out completely.

6. Lymis says

” God and Joseph a gay couple?’

Actually, I think you’re dealing with at least an open marriage.

And, of course, the BIble is extremely clear that Jesus had a number of brothers and sisters. Their parentage isn’t mentioned, and Joseph doesn’t appear at that point in the story. I think “gay” is pushing it.