Music | Music Video | News | Steve Grand

Steve Grand's New Video 'Stay' Has Arrived: WATCH

Grand

And I think this guy gets to stay.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously...
All-American Boy [tlrd]

Get all the Towleroad headlines first - follow us on Twitter @TLRD. We appreciate it when you share and RT our content.

Comments

1. But a question, the lyric says. "My old man's out of town...let's be lovers." Is he referring to his father, cause neither of them look like teens, or his real lover? If it's the later, um, well, I don't know what to say.

Posted by: Tom | Sep 6, 2013 8:09:54 PM

2. I LOVE this! Very late-summery with an infectious tune. The "love interest" in the video is not Steve Grand's boyfriend. I hear he's former Marine turned bartender down in DC. His name is Jayson.

Posted by: Jesse | Sep 6, 2013 8:12:59 PM

3. I welcome his success, but so far his videos are whiter than an ABC Family series. Is there no diversity in his world that he could incorporate into his vids?

Posted by: bkmn | Sep 6, 2013 8:17:53 PM

4. Cute, catchy song. And for those complaining about the people being "too pretty"....what video doesn't show that? Yes, pretty people exist. Get over it. On a personal note, I am very excited to have just learned Steve will be coming here to Atlanta Pride next month! I was already looking forward to going, but now I am very excited. I hope to get a chance to meet him!

Posted by: wheelie81 | Sep 6, 2013 8:19:21 PM

5. Loved it!

Posted by: Name: | Sep 6, 2013 8:21:52 PM

6. All American Boy was really great
    it told a major story that we all related too

this song feels a bit like a fluff piece
    and the video really sucks
    sorry
    I am a big fan and hoped for much more on the second video

I'll keep watching and hoping

dont sell out

Posted by: Larry | Sep 6, 2013 8:25:29 PM

7. What's friggin' wrong with a "feel good" song?! It's great...and sexy...and fun. Art isn't always sturm and drang. Seriously beautiful folks, though. Every. Single. One.

Posted by: Geoff | Sep 6, 2013 8:47:10 PM

8. i guess i am the only one who isn't crazy about the "sneaking around on the old man" aspect. i did not read that as father, but as his mate. not what i call a positive message even though i thought the song and video catchy.

Posted by: bandanajack | Sep 6, 2013 8:49:53 PM

9. I love you people.

"Shots of gay men kissing and snuggling aren't enough to sustain interest. There should be some story, something behind the kissing and snuggling. A 'good, positive message' isn't enough anymore. In 1990 it may have been, but no longer."

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot this was a short film, not a 5 minute video music video. Please, tell an in-depth story next time.

-----

"Wow. This looks like a queer Pepsi commercial. Too much wind and gay central casting pretty. The narcissism is so thick I couldn't stand watching it all Painful crap."

Narcissism? I suspect you detest any video that shows a little skin then, eh? Are you 50 or just an all-around grumpy person? As someone who knows Steve personally, I can tell you he's about as down-to-earth as they come. And he has spectacular abs, so why not show them?

Posted by: P | Sep 6, 2013 8:56:35 PM

10. a crowd of 30 and there is not one fem gay boy in there ? What a fem-phobe.

Posted by: AndyTowlette | Sep 6, 2013 9:00:34 PM

11. I like it. Steve has such a beautiful smile. He seems very genuine.
    It will be good for younger gays to see this video - it'll help them.

Posted by: David From Canada | Sep 6, 2013 9:17:58 PM

12. They make a cute couple. Catchy song. I hope it's a huge hit for him,

Posted by: Bart | Sep 6, 2013 9:21:05 PM

13. People are always bitching about something. "why are there so many whites," "why are there no flaming queens."

Posted by: James | Sep 6, 2013 9:29:37 PM

14. You go, Steve! This is the perfect follow-up to "All-American Boy." And this time.... you GET the boy! I love it.
    Catchy song, lots of summer-love, wind-in-the-hair fun... and a warm, cozy romance. It's so refreshing to see a mix of men/women, gay/straight all out having a good time together. That's the world we are slowly-but-surely becoming, and it's a beautiful thing.
    You surely are paving the road for the "out" artist ... or at least, you are paving YOUR own road. Congratulations. And we are here to support you on your journey. Keep it up. You've got an instant fanbase. Be yourself and lead by example. Your humble interviews already make you a class act. If you stay true to your roots, I have no doubt you will go far.

Posted by: Marc | Sep 6, 2013 9:58:07 PM

15. Why is a site as SCREAMINGLY RAICST as this one asking "Why are there so many whites?"

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Sep 6, 2013 10:05:30 PM

16. Jesus Christ, it's no wonder kids are killing themselves, if being surrounded by you bunch of poisonous c*nts is all they have to look forward to...

Posted by: D.R.H. | Sep 6, 2013 10:06:12 PM

17. I love the song and the video is an added bonus. Steve does it all, and does it so well. At this point the sky is the limit for him!

Posted by: Dale J. Schuster | Sep 6, 2013 10:21:55 PM

18. Mediocre singing talent is trumped by hot looks I guess.

Posted by: Kelsey | Sep 6, 2013 10:28:48 PM

19. "As everyone knows Whites feel no guilt about America’s racist history whatsoever. All they care about is the appearance of politesse — the slimy veneer of “good manners.” - David Ehrenstein

Seriously, sir? Who pissed in your Wheaties? Not enough black people in a video = racist? Pick and choose your silly battles.

Posted by: P | Sep 6, 2013 10:40:10 PM

20. "As down to earth as they come..." What every gay aspires to. " And spectacular ads." Who did his blonde boyfriend's teeth? This is some white guys wet dream. He's not going anywhere...sorry. Like skin is so hard to find...

Posted by: Jack | Sep 6, 2013 10:49:08 PM

21. Pretty sad when the comments on here are worse than you fine on you tube. SMH

Posted by: Lazycrockett | Sep 6, 2013 11:05:43 PM

22. So many extras and yet there was not a martian on the video ? What a martian-phobe this man is!!

That being said... Very cute vid and poppy song...Thumbs up...

Posted by: George F | Sep 6, 2013 11:12:43 PM

23. foodfight!

Posted by: Glenn I | Sep 6, 2013 11:14:07 PM

24. I rarely visit this site but when I do I'm asonished by the obsession with body image in almost every post

I was an Adonis in my twenties and thirties and eased into middle age with a focus on career and family and just staying healthy

I wonder what happens to people like Andy Towle who have this lifelong obsession with youth and beauty. It permeates every post

Posted by: American Dreamer | Sep 6, 2013 11:27:10 PM

25. No, he definitely looks like he's giving that guys an epic hand-job and I refuse to countenance any other interpretations of that image.

Posted by: Chaz | Sep 6, 2013 11:58:49 PM